Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:05 AM

880 posts, read 1,416,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Huh, I just bought some chicken, and put it in the handy disposable plastic bag hanging at the meat counter., then I bought some grapes, in a handy disposable plastic bag.

For those who support plastic bags, remember they are with us forever.

There are folks in the midwest that outfit themselves with poles and grippers etc to pull plastic bags out of trees after floods, by the thousands.
In other words the problem isn't the bags it is the idiots who throw them away improperly.

OK, lets get the Gov't to start mandating Social behavior. Oops they are already doing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I still don't see why they haven't just switched to free recycled paper bags, if objecting to plastic bags.

Treecycle Recycled Paper: Bags & Packaging
To easy and no social control by the Govt'. You know nose of the Camel type thingy.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:47 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,153,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard64 View Post
To easy and no social control by the Govt'. You know nose of the Camel type thingy.
Well then why not show responsibility then.... So mommy and daddy will let you play with big kid toys then.... LOL

Honestly whining babies you sound like...

Sure use paper, great stuff, totally renewable resource, locks up active carbon can compost it great green stuff paper is...!!

But it is obvious you do not grocery shop.... Paper bags tear out... I like the big cloth ones... I mean big... As a man I can load them up heavy and the ^%%&^** handles never tear.!!!. Less trips from the truck..

Yes I use the thin produce or meat plastic bags... The are much thinner and have vastly less plastic and do not get in trouble as much as the bigger thicker longer lasting kind that is banned.

What is the most disturbing is those of you that let your political ideology get ahead of common sense... Down right child like.....
..... I suppose until the whining babies grow up mommy and daddy will have to keep wiping your butts for you...

Old 02-11-2013, 12:28 PM

231 posts, read 591,004 times
I just bought biodegradeable poop bags for when I walk my dog. I hate when people leave their dog's feces where other people may walk, but I feel guilty using plastic poop bags because of the environmental impact. These bags are made from cornstarch and they "meet ASTM D6400 California SB1749 biodegradable compostable claims" the brand is greenbone. You either care about the world you live in or you do not. Your actions will always demonstrate your level of social responsibility. We take our own reusable grocery bags to the store too.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:48 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,015,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
... I like the big cloth ones... I mean big... As a man I can load them up heavy and the ^%%&^** handles never tear.!!!. Less trips from the truck.
Yep. These anti-government intrusion types would rather whine and complain than to realize that it is actually easier to use and carry reusable bags.

I can carry groceries from the car to the kitchen in one trip whereas before it would take at least two.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:19 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,718,971 times
Quote:
Well then why not show responsibility then.... So mommy and daddy will let you play with big kid toys then.... LOL

Sure use paper, great stuff, totally renewable resource, locks up active carbon can compost it great green stuff paper is...!!

But it is obvious you do not grocery shop.... Paper bags tear out... I like the big cloth ones... I mean big... As a man I can load them up heavy and the ^%%&^** handles never tear.!!!. Less trips from the truck..

Yes I use the thin produce or meat plastic bags... The are much thinner and have vastly less plastic and do not get in trouble as much as the bigger thicker longer lasting kind that is banned.

What is the most disturbing is those of you that let your political ideology get ahead of common sense... Down right child like.....
..... I suppose until the whining babies grow up mommy and daddy will have to keep wiping your butts for you...
I like to keep some plastic bags around to have em handy to carry some recycling.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:

My first job was as a box boy and I had no problems with paper bags at all. Worked great and only tore if someone, not me, overloaded them. Again a person type problem, not a material one.

I do most of the shopping and would prefer paper over plastic or cloth.

I have no political ideology, as I am not political and belong to no political party. I am just very observant of life.

I also do not make childish remarks about others. Well OK, Fonty and Null, but they are big boys and can take it.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:30 PM

26,747 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Quote:
What is the most disturbing is those of you that let your political ideology get ahead of common sense...
Is that ever the truth.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:27 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,153,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard64 View Post

I also do not make childish remarks about others. Well OK, Fonty and Null, but they are big boys and can take it.
I will give you that... Sorry..

Old 02-12-2013, 07:44 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,265,891 times
The answer is clearly edible bags made from a vegetable product that can be stir-fried after use. They could even come in different flavors. Either that or deveop a non-toxic bag spray made with something that eats bacteria. You folks out there just aren't being creative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California