Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2015, 02:33 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
The Best Fast Food in America

The 25 most fulfilling things to order at the drive-thru

1. In-N-Out Burger's 2x4, Animal Style

Even Eric Schlosser, the muckraking author of Fast Food Nation, is down with the burger served at this West Coast chain, once saying, "It isn't health food, but it's food with integrity. It's the real deal."

The Best Fast Food in America: Food & Drinks : Details
There are several national chefs on TV and not on TV that have claimed In&Out is the only decent or in the top 5 fast food burgers in the country. Can they all be wrong?

Old 08-24-2015, 02:35 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitster_1960 View Post
Have you ever been to "The Habit"? If you want a great burger/Milkshake experience they are pretty good! We just got one here in San Leandro and I am really enjoying them. MY kids love them as well, they even have a decent veggie burger.
I have heard they are pretty good. I think though point so many overlook, is the price and freshness of In&Out.

Old 08-24-2015, 02:57 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,124,091 times
Habit is very good. Another SoCal chain so their staple burger is similar to a double double. Called a "double char burger", their menu is a little larger, but they are on par with In N Out.

Old 08-24-2015, 02:59 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,124,091 times
another...

The Best Fast Food Burgers

the people's #1
In-N-Out Double Double
The Best Fast Food Burger | List Ranked by Fans

Old 08-24-2015, 03:07 PM

1,877 posts, read 2,237,341 times
I started adding chopped chilis (pickled banana peppers) to my hamburgers a few years back and I'm enjoying In-N-Out even more than before. I've been going there for 28 years and never knew it was an option until a friend ordered one.

Old 08-24-2015, 03:51 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,669,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Certainly the best
LOL smmfh.. If they are CERTAINLY THE BEST.. you're saying that these upscale or fine dining places that got a burger on their menus have ****** food??? you can't be that ******* delusional. You can't even say that they CERTAINLY are THE BEST if you've never been to most or all burger joints in rich places, the "hood" & in between.

And a lil off topic, if they CERTAINLY are THE BEST then why don't they take their food truck of theirs and go to the places and neighborhoods that don't have an in-n-out in those states that they're in where so very many have to go through traffic, inconveniences, and different areas just to eat their food. And being so strongly against, for no real reason whatsoever, opening in a lot of places like urban locations etc.. when so very many without a single afterthought would build in such places. And calling such a corporation as certainly the best is really just too sad. And also if they're certainly the best, popular and people are talking about them as you're making them out to be, for their age and all the years they've been around they should have been a national and even international brand.

remember now you copied those couple of words from me in this thread.

Last edited by owl6969; 08-24-2015 at 04:33 PM..

Old 08-24-2015, 03:56 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,847,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl6969 View Post
LOL smmfh.. If they are CERTAINLY THE BEST.. you're saying that these upscale or fine dining places that got a burger on their menus have ****** food?? you can't be that ******* delusional. You can't even say that they CERTAINLY are THE BEST if you've never been to most or all burger joints in rich places, the "hood" & in between.

And a lil off topic, if they CERTAINLY are THE BEST then why don't they take their food truck of theirs and go to the places and neighborhoods that don't have an in-n-out in those states they're in that so many have to go through traffic, inconveniences, and different areas just to eat their food. And being so strongly against, for no real reason whatsoever, opening in a lot of places like urban locations etc.. when so very many without a single afterthought would build in such places. And also if they're certainly the best, popular and people are talking about them as you're making them out to be, for their age and all the years they've been around they should have been a national and even international brand.

remember, you copied those couple of words from me in this thread.
Have you not absorbed, over the course of how many hundreds of posts, just why In n Out does NOT vomit stores all over the country like the franchise fast food places do? Something about quality control.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:05 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,669,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Have you not absorbed, over the course of how many hundreds of posts, just why In n Out does NOT vomit stores all over the country like the franchise fast food places do? Something about quality control.
if they certainly are THE BEST and popular or talked about by so many many people as that person is making it out to be, for the years and years they've been in the business, corporation that they are, and all that money they should have been in like big places all over America.

Last edited by owl6969; 08-24-2015 at 04:29 PM..

Old 08-24-2015, 10:18 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,478,553 times
Quote:
if they certainly are THE BEST and popular or talked about by so many many people as that person is making it out to be, for the years and years they've been in the business, corporation that they are, and all that money they should have been in like big places all over America.
That's like saying if you can't make it in NYC, you're doomed to failure. Plenty of folks have made a living, raised families, and/or run businesses way outside of NYC, have done well, and are prosperous.

I'm thinking one of us should start a thread titled "NYC is one of the worst cities I've ever come across (srs)"

Old 08-24-2015, 10:21 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,478,553 times
Quote:
LOL smmfh.. If they are CERTAINLY THE BEST.. you're saying that these upscale or fine dining places that got a burger on their menus have ****** food??? you can't be that ******* delusional. You can't even say that they CERTAINLY are THE BEST if you've never been to most or all burger joints in rich places, the "hood" & in between.
You need to go back a few pages in this thread Nobody ever said...

They think In & Out is the best
therefore: fine dining places are ****

More like...
They think In & Out is the best
therefore: they are better than fine dining places
However, fine dining places can still be very good, just not better than I&O

Sheesh, way to put words into people's mouths.

Quote:
And a lil off topic, if they CERTAINLY are THE BEST then why don't they take their food truck of theirs and go to the places and neighborhoods that don't have an in-n-out in those states that they're in where so very many have to go through traffic, inconveniences, and different areas just to eat their food. And being so strongly against, for no real reason whatsoever, opening in a lot of places like urban locations etc.. when so very many without a single afterthought would build in such places. And calling such a corporation as certainly the best is really just too sad. And also if they're certainly the best, popular and people are talking about them as you're making them out to be, for their age and all the years they've been around they should have been a national and even international brand.

remember now you copied those couple of words from me in this thread.
Nope... invalid argument. Many of the fine dining establishments are only in NYC. So therefore, by your logic, they're also very poor because they would've been all over the nation by now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California