Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2021, 03:23 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,972,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
I'm seeing if wearing a mask at indoor public places cuts down on the number of seasonal colds I get this year. Usually get 2-3 per year. Didn't get any during COVID, but that might be because everyone was wearing a mask.
The reason you didn't fall ill "during COVID" is because the sick people stayed home due to fear of being called out in public. Those people should have ALWAYS stayed home from school, work, retail/restaurant settings, etc., when sick. Quarantining has always and will forever be the #1 solution for not getting sick/not getting everyone else sick. That's why employers have sick days. Wearing a mask had little to do with it, if anything at all. Unless you were in a body suit, then yeah the body suit's mask definitely helped you not get sick.

Old 06-22-2021, 04:09 PM

3,149 posts, read 2,695,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
The reason you didn't fall ill "during COVID" is because the sick people stayed home due to fear of being called out in public. Those people should have ALWAYS stayed home from school, work, retail/restaurant settings, etc., when sick. Quarantining has always and will forever be the #1 solution for not getting sick/not getting everyone else sick. That's why employers have sick days. Wearing a mask had little to do with it, if anything at all. Unless you were in a body suit, then yeah the body suit's mask definitely helped you not get sick.
Prove it.

Old 06-22-2021, 06:08 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,972,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Prove it.
Prove what? That quarantining is the best option?

Old 06-22-2021, 06:27 PM

29,507 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Here we go again. And again.

Los Angeles To See “Significant Increase” In Reported Delta Variant Cases This Week, Says Top Health Official – Updated

Old 06-22-2021, 08:30 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
It looks like inside most of the establishments I've visited, mask wearing is still the norm. If that's not so elsewhere in the county, Los Angeles might need to reimpose mask requirements or other low-level restrictions if that case trend continues. The virus is not something to talk lightly about (meaning herd immunity San Diego and San Francisco residents here, from what I can tell). Regardless, the county needs to push harder toward getting residents fully vaccinated, including police officers. From a radio report, it sounds like the sheriff is just shrugging that it can't be mandated. There are ways around that; find them. The simplest are incentives and on-site vaccination.

Edit: I'll speculate, characteristically, that LA's disappointing vaccination rate is partly because so many residents are unmarried and living far from parents. They don't have pro-social role models around them or whose safety to worry about. Not knowing neighbors is another factor. Too much self-centeredness, if I have to say it.

Last edited by goodheathen; 06-22-2021 at 08:58 PM..

Old 06-22-2021, 08:44 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Here we go again. And again.
According to the California Department of Public Health, Gamma accounted for 10% of all sequenced specimens in May, and “has been increasing in all regions of California.”

“Public health officials are concerned about the Gamma variant and several other variants of concern, including Alpha and Delta, that have been increasing in frequency in California and may have moderately decreased response to some antibody treatments or be more transmissible,” the department told CNN in an email.

COVID: It's not just Delta:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/06/...ientists-also/

Old 06-22-2021, 10:23 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Wear your mask, stay away from any large gatherings. Please. I have concerts to attend this year and smaller crowds would be appreciated. Stay home. Don't get the Covids. Stay out of Home Depot I have to go get some stuff.

Old 06-22-2021, 11:12 PM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Wear your mask, stay away from any large gatherings. Please. I have concerts to attend this year and smaller crowds would be appreciated. Stay home. Don't get the Covids. Stay out of Home Depot I have to go get some stuff.
The Covids? You refer to this in the plural now because there are so many strains? If so, it makes sense.

And wait for the shot that treat all of them instead of having to go back for boosters. And I agree. Stay out of the places I shop, including Home Depot. You can go to Lowes. I don't shop there.

Old 06-23-2021, 12:11 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
So our HOA had their monthly meeting now and one of the topics was to discuss the updated pool rules. Attended the meeting last month where board members said they were just following county guidelines, which of course in the BA are ridiculous, and not doing anything more strict despite enacting these unnecessary or required sanitization protocols. I knew they weren't going to follow the county or state anymore since all restrictions were lifted and even said that at the beginning; there is a group of people that want to hold onto these restrictions and that's what happened-. So now we have odd days of the week for normal/pre covid rules apply and even days to make reservations, wear masks, socially etc..

People in the Bay Area are insane and have the worst case of COVID PTSD. It's unreal. People trying to compare our pool to an indoor mall. When I mentioned how its an outdoor pool and we should follow CDC guidelines, an apparent "I'm a scientist" guy telling me they are wrong; looked him up on LinkedIn and he's a chemist that studied soils at a CSU. I don't get how this stuff is even an issue at an outdoor HOA pool. I'm so tired of accommodating these hypochondriacs.

Old 06-23-2021, 12:15 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Illegal immigrants couldn't claim their winnings in a vaccine lottery, right? Then how, since nobody can snap fingers to make them magically leave, can the government bribe the many hesitant among them to get vaccinated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California