Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2020, 02:08 PM

172 posts, read 362,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
Yes "dumb" or showing a lack of intelligence regardless of schooling.
When you appeal to authority continuously and your only achievement is being a proud tool of Central Bankers, it's safe to assume intelligence might be correlated to the type of education one receives. Then again, appealing to authority when it suits yourself is the perfect description of the California forum.

Quote:
So what are your educational credentials?
09-10-2020 11:47 AM
Am I being detained officer?

Old 09-12-2020, 02:27 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,783,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpingRoo View Post
When you appeal to authority continuously and your only achievement is being a proud tool of Central Bankers, it's safe to assume intelligence might be correlated to the type of education one receives. Then again, appealing to authority when it suits yourself is the perfect description of the California forum.
Intelligence has nothing to do with schooling. Intelligence is something a person has AND displays or uses properly or ....

Many graduates show minimal intelligence. They may gain knowledge, but using it intelligently is a totally different issue. Many learn and use the knowledge wisely and others simply show minimal intelligence regardless of their college degree. Then many intelligent people with a degree are still stupid as to behavior.

Many who have no college in their history are extremely intelligent and others are not.

Intelligence is a potential and it has nothing to do with schooling causing it, rather how you use knowledge you acquire. Many taking college/university courses do so in a limited area and that also puts blinders on them outside the areas of study. Many non colleges people have a wider view, know more and use it better, though it may have taken longer to learn. No blinders if you learn as much as you can about anything you want and ... need.

Facts count in these discussions with intelligent people. Egos being shown, show minimal intelligence and the discussions with such are a waste of time. Intelligent people know this.

Old 09-12-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Intelligence has nothing to do with schooling. Intelligence is something a person has AND displays or uses properly or ....

Many graduates show minimal intelligence. They may gain knowledge, but using it intelligently is a totally different issue. Many learn and use the knowledge wisely and others simply show minimal intelligence regardless of their college degree. Then many intelligent people with a degree are still stupid as to behavior.

Many who have no college in their history are extremely intelligent and others are not.

Intelligence is a potential and it has nothing to do with schooling causing it, rather how you use knowledge you acquire. Many taking college/university courses do so in a limited area and that also puts blinders on them outside the areas of study. Many non colleges people have a wider view, know more and use it better, though it may have taken longer to learn. No blinders if you learn as much as you can about anything you want and ... need.

Facts count in these discussions with intelligent people. Egos being shown, show minimal intelligence and the discussions with such are a waste of time. Intelligent people know this.
What nonsense.

You cannot get into an Accredited Science program at a prestigious University without having proper education and scoring a certain number on exams. Seeing how certain individuals are "scientifically literate" to tell others what to do, one would expect them to have certain scientific credentials.

It is clear you, Tulemutt and others are not at this level and it's apparent with your irrelevant post. Nothing wrong, but it gets pathetic when an out of state individual with zero credentials continues to belittle others on this forum. His cheerleaders I could care less about, but time to put his nonsense into light. He's been schooled by others continuously, but continues his insane diatribes. Someone who doesn't even live in LA comments as if he owns the place, what a laugh.

Old 09-12-2020, 02:58 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,560 times
Quote:
What nonsense.

You cannot get into an Accredited Science program at a prestigious University without having proper education and scoring a certain number on exams. Seeing how certain individuals are "scientifically literate" to tell others what to do, one would expect them to have certain scientific credentials.

It is clear you, Tulemutt and others are not at this level and it's apparent with your irrelevant post. Nothing wrong, but it gets pathetic when an out of state individual with zero credentials continues to belittle others on this forum. His cheerleaders I could care less about, but time to put his nonsense into light. He's been schooled by others continuously, but continues his insane diatribes. Someone who doesn't even live in LA comments as if he owns the place, what a laugh.

Like you can't get in to IV school's by giving few million in donations.

Old 09-12-2020, 03:13 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:

Nicely explained ... but then, a reader would need to be at least somewhat intelligent to understand.

When I was a kid in school, I was bored and restless to be involved in something more consuming. I read encyclopedias cover to cover when I couldn’t be outside working on projects, playing hockey, hiking with the dogs ...

I did love my job in a print shop immensely though. So in 11th grade I quit school to just work full time. The next year I was eligible to enlist in the military to escape the upper midwest. So I dun did that there.

Years of adventure later, still in the reserves, I worked at a university - in the institution’s print shop. The terms of employment allowed for me to take classes, tuition free. But, since I did not have a high school diploma, I was only offered ‘audit’ status, not ‘credits.’

I enjoyed philosophy and logic. Signed up for some courses. I excelled in logic and enjoyed the mental exercise of that discipline. The professor and a dean I knew offered that, if I wanted credits applicable toward a degree, he could arrange for me to take what were called ‘CLEP’ tests - which, given good scores, could award me credits in various disciplines.

So, thinking, ‘what the hell’, ‘why not’ ...

In a day and a half’s time, I took tests - without any preparation - and was awarded the equivalent of roughly two and a half years of college credits in basic humanities and sciences. I never bothered going any further. Prescriptive formal schooling has just never caught my interest. Nor have I needed it. For anything. Ever. I have always been a rather happy person. And I have wealth that I don’t care about or need.

Reading encyclopedias was interesting enough, I guess

Quote:
How Many Workers
with a Bachelor’s Degree Are
Overqualified for Their Jobs?

The cover of the May 30, 2016, issue of the New Yorker magazine depicts a graduate from the class of
2015 on the clean-up crew for the class of 2016’s graduation ceremonies.
widespread sentiment that many college graduates are in jobs that do not need their high level of skills and for which they are paid much less than those college graduates who are in jobs that do use their skills. To underscore this point, many people cite figures about the high number of college-educated workers (i.e., workers who hold at least a four-year degree) in low-skill jobs: for example, 567,000 people with a bachelor of arts or science degree (BA) are retail sales workers, and 497,000 are customer service representatives.
Why, I seem to even recall a certain graduate of Wharton who’s performance throughout his life demonstrates utter stupidity ... and an absolutely total lack of any character development. Guy has a B.S. ... which pretty much describes his entire life in two letters of the alphabet.

Old 09-12-2020, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Nicely explained ... but then, a reader would need to be at least somewhat intelligent to understand.

When I was a kid in school, I was bored and restless to be involved in something more consuming. I read encyclopedias cover to cover when I couldn’t be outside working on projects, playing hockey, hiking with the dogs ...

I did love my job in a print shop immensely though. So in 11th grade I quit school to just work full time. The next year I was eligible to enlist in the military to escape the upper midwest. So I dun did that there.

Years of adventure later, still in the reserves, I worked at a university - in the institution’s print shop. The terms of employment allowed for me to take classes, tuition free. But, since I did not have a high school diploma, I was only offered ‘audit’ status, not ‘credits.’

I enjoyed philosophy and logic. Signed up for some courses. I excelled in logic and enjoyed the mental exercise of that discipline. The professor and a dean I knew offered that, if I wanted credits applicable toward a degree, he could arrange for me to take what were called ‘CLEP’ tests - which, given good scores, could award me credits in various disciplines.

So, thinking, ‘what the hell’, ‘why not’ ...

In a day and a half’s time, I took tests - without any preparation - and was awarded the equivalent of roughly two and a half years of college credits in basic humanities and sciences. I never bothered going any further. Prescriptive formal schooling has just never caught my interest. Nor have I needed it. For anything. Ever. I have always been a rather happy person. And I have wealth that I don’t care about or need.

Reading encyclopedias was interesting enough, I guess

Why, I seem to even recall a certain graduate of Wharton who’s performance throughout his life demonstrates utter stupidity ... and an absolutely total lack of any character development. Guy has a B.S. ... which pretty much describes his entire life in two letters of the alphabet.
All this to explain you have zero scientific credibility and zero higher education in it. Excellent, now you can drift off on your raft into an irrelevancy.

Old 09-12-2020, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Like you can't get in to IV school's by giving few million in donations.
I'm not a white liberal, so couldn't get away with it. Try again.

Old 09-12-2020, 03:35 PM

Quote:
What nonsense.

Speaking of “nonsense”: you still haven’t answered the question of what your ‘credentials’ are to “tell others what to do”, or to judge other forum contributors? Since you think it is important, you know?

Nor have you explained why “getting into an Accredited Science program at a prestigious University“ is at all important.

Nor how being or not being a resident of LA figures into the discussion. (Especially in this thread as it isn’t an “LA” thread or topic.”)

Old 09-12-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
All this to explain you have zero scientific credibility and zero higher education in it. Excellent, now you can drift off on your raft into an irrelevancy.
Lmao ... still waiting for your credentials ... to post as an expert on Covid 19 ... and to post as a critic of others’ “intelligence.” Medical degree? Epidemiology? Plus you have a PhD in Psychology, I assume, of course, to analyze other contributors ...

By the way Roo, since you are apparently obsessed with me and repeatedly refer to credentials “to tell others what to do” [with regard to Covid 19] ... you have failed to notice that: I have not entered into any scientific debate all these months

Old 09-12-2020, 05:06 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,453,170 times
Is there such a thing as an expert on covid19 and isn't that part of the problem right now?
Policy-makers are only as good as their guidance and so far a lot of decisions have been made based on best guesses, and not hard science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California