Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How should California handle this latest surge of Covid?
Bring back the restrictions of 2020 23 20.18%
Let it rip! 91 79.82%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 03:47 PM

382 posts, read 179,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Are you suggesting I knowingly infected people or something?
Typical BA person, always thinking they're so much better than you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2022, 03:48 PM

4,315 posts, read 6,278,763 times
Quote:
Are you suggesting I knowingly infected people or something?
No, unless you tested positive and continue to go out and about without a mask. Negligence is another matter….

Old 02-16-2022, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
No, unless you tested positive and continue to go out and about without a mask. Negligence is another matter….
So if you test positive and go out and about with a cloth mask, that's ok? Trying to comprehend your logic here if it's possible, when cloth masks don't work.

Old 02-16-2022, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbiodude View Post
My response to this is the same I had when they renewed the lockdown again in early April for another "2 weeks."

What's the end goal here?

Even Australia and New Zealand couldn't keep covid out. Covid 19 was in laymans terms a pandemic strain of a coronavirus cold. Have we eliminated colds? Unlike many people I had to work and even with masks etc got my usual 3 colds a year in 2020. So the answer is no. I just had one recently too.

Masks aren't even proven to be statistically significant in many settings like schools. Are we going to wear uncomfotable things on our faces forever even if they don't work? At this point its more political virtue signaling. If you're curious compare Orange County to LA county where mask usage was totally different and see the results.

The virus isn't even that deadly by historical standards. Charging unmasked children with murder like you want doesn't seem productive.
Unfortunately, there is no end. I know that would fit everyone’s desired narrative but pandemics are here to stay and will likely get worse. Mask wearing in crowded indoor spaces is good hygiene. While I realize it’s such a sacrifice for western values (rolls eyes), it’s becoming an increased necessity. If not COVID, it’ll be for the next pandemic which will happen and may be a lot worse.

Old 02-16-2022, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter858 View Post
So if you test positive and go out and about with a cloth mask, that's ok? Trying to comprehend your logic here if it's possible, when cloth masks don't work.
KN95 is the standard, which you probably already know

Old 02-16-2022, 03:58 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,631,650 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, there is no end. I know that would fit everyone’s desired narrative but pandemics are here to stay and will likely get worse. Mask wearing in crowded indoor spaces is good hygiene. While I realize it’s such a sacrifice for western values (rolls eyes), it’s becoming an increased necessity. If not COVID, it’ll be for the next pandemic which will happen and may be a lot worse.
And what difference would it make?

Covid: Hong Kong's hospitals overwhelmed amid spike in cases

Old 02-16-2022, 04:00 PM

Quote:
It would be even worse without more mask wearing. If you researched a bit more, you’d know this spike was due to lots of congregating for Chinese New Year. Completely predictable.

Old 02-16-2022, 04:05 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,631,650 times
Quote:
It would be even worse without more mask wearing. If you researched a bit more, you’d know this spike was due to lots of congregating for Chinese New Year. Completely predictable.
Every country sans some isolated tiny island nation in the middle of the Pacific has experienced surges at some point. You put way too much faith in a piece of fabric.

Old 02-16-2022, 04:06 PM

Quote:
KN95 is the standard, which you probably already know
I didn't see one KN95 mask on anyone today. I also never see more than 3-5 people wearing a KN95 on a plane either, so that's not going to happen. Personally, I doubt I would go out and see anyone if I was positive even wearing a KN95 mask. But, guess liberals are ok with that. Glad I asked.

Old 02-16-2022, 04:12 PM

13,644 posts, read 9,701,990 times
Quote:
People who knowingly infect others with a deadly contagious disease are monsters, in my view. Not too much different than a deadly weapon.

Yes, we will all die when it is our time. But, does that give someone an excuse to shoot another person and prematurely end their life early? Of course not. I'll bet you're a strong proponent of capital punishment, so why is this any different?
Few of us would condone a person who is Covid-positive, who knows that he's positive, intentionally mingling unmasked in close-quarters with others.

The key difference is ...

Quote:
... negligence, as you put it, vs. malign intent. But even negligence comes in gradation of scales. I am negligent if I fail to look into my blind-spot upon commencing a lane-change maneuver on the highway. I am negligent if I drive above the speed limit and change lanes abruptly. I'm even more negligent if I do so without signaling, and cutting-off other drivers. I am even more negligent if I do so, while wasted-drunk.

At some point along the scale of offenses, my negligence becomes so brazen and so harmful, that it's a gross offense and an execrable crime, even if I've not demonstrably harmed anyone. But at the opposite end of the scale, the negligence, while regrettable, is at most boorishness. There is more harm in criminalizing such negligence than in suffering it to exist.

Quote:
So then, are you on record in advocating a law or dictum or mandate, that masks in public places ought to be permanent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California