Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2024, 10:56 PM

1,824 posts, read 799,349 times

Advertisements

^^Agree, I've been to the panhandle & it's very remote & isolated, up by the Oklahoma panhandle & nowhere near the tourist areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2024, 02:13 PM

939 posts, read 423,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
As much as I would like to go back through Texas, I think it would be better for me to go via the Pacific coast again. Texas has fires burning and I don't think they need tourists at this time.
Not sure when I will start traveling at this time. I'm thinking end of March, first part of April. I haven't mapped out my route yet.
Just keep in mind, anything on the Pacific coast is going to cost you. From gas to food to basic needs. We RV west of I-35 and those three states are ones we won’t be going to because of the sky high costs to even visit. I know there is a lot to see but we feel we have plenty to find without going to them.

Old 03-06-2024, 11:00 PM

7,042 posts, read 6,291,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillinICT View Post
Just keep in mind, anything on the Pacific coast is going to cost you. From gas to food to basic needs. We RV west of I-35 and those three states are ones we won’t be going to because of the sky high costs to even visit. I know there is a lot to see but we feel we have plenty to find without going to them.
Well, that helps my decision. I know my Texas friends really want to see me and as much as I would like to see the Pacific Coast again, now that I have a car payment I am being extremely frugal. So that helps in my decision.
Thanks.

Old 03-20-2024, 10:06 AM

Still up in the air as to which way I will be going. The weather is going to be the contributing factor in the end.

It has been so strange, either way it seems. I'm keeping a sharp eye out and will make two plans. Yes, it would be nice to see friends in Texas but not if there will be tornadoes. And Oregon way, well I probably wouldn't do the coast, beautiful as it is. I'd probably go more interior as I haven't seen much of it.

It's become a day to day decision. My plan is to leave after April 3rd. I'm not interested in being where the eclipse can be viewed as I assume that will be extremely crowded and I don't want to get back to Minnesota until closer to the end of April and will just take my time whichever way I decide to go.

Old 03-22-2024, 07:37 AM

2,911 posts, read 1,358,747 times
The interior PNW is likely to be wonderful for sightseeing this April. We're having an early spring that is predicted to continue, meaning we will probably have a s***load of forest fires this summer and fall. Just another thing to consider.

Old 03-23-2024, 03:59 AM

451 posts, read 422,357 times
If you head over to Texas please do consider the eclipse. A big swath of totality up and down texas Oklahoma etc. With your ability to have your traveling home you can sleep in a walmart lot or loves and avoid the crazy prices.
I'm doing a road trip to big bend and stopping just north of eagle pass (check out the border issue also). Did this late and was stressing about a place to stay the 8th. Finally a tent campsite popped up on a cancel at seminole canyon state park. This eclipse they say is very good relative to others if you get right at the center.

The prices on hotels over $1,000.00 a night. Anyway whatever you decide have a great return to minny.

Old 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM

It's still a day to day decision. I actually want to avoid the eclipse because of the crowds. I DO NOT like crowds.

I may have to change my leave date also. I want to leave April 3rd but I'm paid until the 15th so am able to stay until then if I have to.

The weather everywhere is so crazy right now. Even though Minnesota is going to be hit with tons of snow, people are actually quite fine with that as the winter has been so mild and they need the moisture.
Of course, by the time I get there it will have settled down so I am not worried about that.
I just have to be back no later than May 5th to get the tabs put on my car.

Old 03-23-2024, 11:40 PM

Wow, the wind today was crazy!
I've been reviewing different videos on the whole eclipse thing and thinking, thinking, thinking.
Then I watched a video on Catherine Gregory 's visit to Moab, Utah and the scenery took my breath away so I think it may be Nevada, to Pahrump - because I love it there, and then to Utah, Idaho, Montana, and head to home.
At least that's what I have partially decided at the moment.
Who knows if it will change.

Old 04-01-2024, 09:02 AM

Looking at all the crazy weather, I've decided on going to Nevada, to Pahrump, staying a few days, then Utah, Idaho, Montana way. How long I stay in each state is still dependent on the weather. I plan on slowly making my way to Minnesota. I have the entire month so I will move as the weather gets better in each state.

I feel for those that are in the path of the bad weather coming. Just praying that everyone stays safe and out of harms way.

I'll be leaving Quartzsite on Wednesday or Thursday, probably Wednesday.

Old 04-02-2024, 05:50 PM

Looking at the weather, it looks like Pahrump is going to be in the 60's until next Monday or Tuesday so may wait until then to leave. I guess I will take it day by day and leave when the weather is good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing