Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2023, 12:25 PM

7,034 posts, read 6,287,208 times

Advertisements

Then, I am thinking about going the Oregon coast route when I go back to Minnesota this spring. I know my Texas friends would like me to go that route but if I go that way next spring, that would be better I think.

I really want to go through Pahrump again and am debating whether to go there and then through Utah to get into Oregon and I also want to go through Washington a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2023, 05:36 PM

An interesting thing happened today. I saw Bob Wells in the dollar store.
He, of course, didn't recognize me and I told him that had been a volunteer at the B Y O V and mentioned the Cube, which he remembered.
He's such an unassuming man. Still unassuming about his popularity.
It was an awesome experience. Just seeing him in a day to day life.

Old 12-28-2023, 08:58 PM

2,910 posts, read 1,357,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
An interesting thing happened today. I saw Bob Wells in the dollar store.
He, of course, didn't recognize me and I told him that had been a volunteer at the B Y O V and mentioned the Cube, which he remembered.
He's such an unassuming man. Still unassuming about his popularity.
It was an awesome experience. Just seeing him in a day to day life.
That is so cool! He is such a nice guy who has helped out so many people, yet it never goes to his head.

Old 12-29-2023, 08:38 AM

Yeah, at first I didn't recognize him but I accidentally bumped him in line and he said they were there first,he and the person he was with, were indeed ahead of me. I said sorry and went to move behind them and the other person said, go ahead of me. Then Bob turned around and I saw who it was.

Even though I met him at the BYOV I didn't talk to him then because we were all so busy. So it was neat to have a little one-on-one at the store.

Old 12-29-2023, 12:24 PM

451 posts, read 421,454 times
I've heard him say on his videos that he very introverted and shy.

Good job meo seeing the main nomad superstar. How exciting!

Old 01-03-2024, 10:09 PM

Internet is sporadic here now and I assume will be through January. I will try to keep in contact but it will depend on if I can get through or not.

Re reading nomadland tonight and realizing how different it is here now and wondering how you the RTR will be this year.

I realize as I am reading it, how my family interfered in the decision I made to become a nomad. How it would have been so different if my sister hadn't convinced me to come back to Minnesota when I was ready to leave Sierra Vista.

She is a control freak, always has been, and convinced me my brother needed me to be there.

He didn't really need me. Yes, he wanted me there, but he didn't need me to watch over and take care of him.

While I am reading the book, I realize it is the time frame I was called home and I wonder if I would have met some people that are talked about and I wonder if I missed a wonderful opportunity to meet them.

Guess I will never know.

Old 01-07-2024, 11:26 AM

Upon reflection, even though I missed the exciting time before the RTR got so big, I don't know if I would have known that it was possible to live out of my car or even how to do that.

I can't remember when I did learn that I could take out the seats and the things I needed to start. I'd never been camping and had no interest in doing it.

I've grown a lot since then and have learned so much. I'll keep learning as time goes on and I watch more videos. I'm looking forward to the RTR, especially the WRTR, which is for women only. Just a few days now.

I'm thinking of going the Texas route. That way I can clean out the storage unit I currently have, revisit Kingman, which I loved visiting, and follow Route 66 for a ways.
So I may leave here earlier than last year to do all that. I have to be back by May so I will have to plan it all out. I'll think on it.

Old 01-14-2024, 11:10 AM

At the RTR

Old 01-16-2024, 11:06 AM

2,145 posts, read 3,058,991 times
I can't give you rep points, but I wanted you to know we're still following you!

Old 01-16-2024, 07:25 PM

2,910 posts, read 1,357,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
I can't give you rep points, but I wanted you to know we're still following you!
Same here. I nearly replied to your last two posts because they resonated with me but I couldn't think of what to say. I almost moved to Arizona several years back to try out van life and homesteading, but I stayed up north instead. Things turned out well here so I think I made the right choice, but sometimes I think about what I passed up and how things have changed so much down there.

Take care!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing