Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2021, 10:31 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,831,016 times

Advertisements

The shelf stable Indian meals are also good over naan bread. If you can't find that, you can also serve with warmed pita bread/other flatbread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2021, 01:52 PM

7,042 posts, read 6,291,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
I am enjoying reading about how you're getting prepared to travel again! I loved following your adventures this past year. I admire you a lot.

Here's hoping everything goes fine with the surgery AND you have a speedy recovery! I know you and Marigold will be ready to be out on the road again!
Thanks, Karen.

Old 09-25-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
The shelf stable Indian meals are also good over naan bread. If you can't find that, you can also serve with warmed pita bread/other flatbread.
It does say that on the package. It's possible I may be able to find naan. I believe there was an Indian vender at the big tent in Quartzsite last year but I didn't go see any venders because I was being so careful. Now, being fully vaccinated, well at least two shots, I plan on taking it all in.

Old 09-27-2021, 03:16 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,632,485 times
I hope all is very successful with your operation(s) Sept 30, & you will feel much better & have much better walking abilities, for you & Marigold's coming adventures...
Drive Safely.

Old 09-28-2021, 09:34 AM

Thanks Hawk. It should go smoothly. Supposed to be an outpatient procedure. Fingers crossed and lots of praying.

Old 09-28-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Thanks Hawk. It should go smoothly. Supposed to be an outpatient procedure. Fingers crossed and lots of praying.
Wonderful, I'll be praying for you.

Does this mean you don't need a stent, like you originally thought you would need?

Old 09-28-2021, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Wonderful, I'll be praying for you.

Does this mean you don't need a stent, like you originally thought you would need?
No, I think I'll still.need the stent. That's an easy procedure. But, they didn't do the ultrasound on my leg until I practically insisted and there wasn't much of a pulse.

The main thing they're doing is a Fistulogram (scraping out the vein on my neck) and an Angiogram, because there is a shadow near my heart valve and they couldn't determine what it is. That makes me a little nervous. There will be two doctors tag teaming, one for the neck scraping and the other for the Angiogram. Maybe I'll call the other one the Shadow Doctor.

I sure am glad I chose to pay for the higher priced insurance!

On the bright side, the Indian potatoes and chick pea from Tasty Bite came out nicely in the hot logic. Next week I'll be trying another packet, the Madris Lentils. I'm going to add some vegetables and salmon though. The Indian potatoes were good but needed just a little more.

Old 09-29-2021, 04:32 AM

Thank you for the information.

When i had my heart attack in 1995, my cardiologist did a balloon angioplasty procedure. It has worked out fine for me, so far.
Modern medical technology is truly amazing. It gets better & better.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=balloo...TA1&PC=EDGEDSE

Have a wonderful day.

Last edited by Hawk J; 09-29-2021 at 05:17 AM..

Old 09-29-2021, 07:13 AM

Did you have to stay overnight for that or was it an outpatient procedure?

My brother and sister want to go for Sushi today, something they do every month, and I couldn't dissuade them from not doing that as it's my birthday. But, I asked the pre-op person who called if she knew the time of the operation and she said it was scheduled for me to arrive at 7:00 am.

The Sushi place is in Fargo and the hospital is also in Fargo which is 70 miles away. My sister, who is driving to both places is not an early morning person and we would have to leave by 6:00 am to get there on time.

The alternative, which I am going to suggest, is that we either skip the Sushi or stay overnight in Fargo, which means I would have to pay for two hotel rooms tonight just so we could do the Sushi thing.

My family frustrates me so much sometimes.

Old 09-29-2021, 10:00 AM

The above was not a plug for my birthday, by the way but a vent of frustration at my family. I tried to have them do this last week, but they insisted it had to be today. I haven't celebrated my birthday in years so to me it makes no difference.

I talked to my sister this morning and she said she realized that since there were two doctors involved we had to go with their timeline. She had just been taken back for a moment. It's important to them that we do this today so that's what we'll do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing