Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2021, 12:03 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry you had to endure all that, meo.

They made a movie titled Fargo. It was pretty good...
https://www.google.com/search?q=farg...client=gws-wiz

Have a wonderful day. I hope all the test are favorable for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2021, 03:53 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times
I think anyone who lives close to North Dakota saw that movie. I can assure you, they don't talk like that.

It was a funny movie though.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:04 PM

Okay, the test on Wednesday was to put dye in artery for clarification. Originally, he was going to open up the neck artery and scrape it out, which he will still do. By there was a shadow near another artery closer to my heart so they are doing an angiogram also. He'll be tag teaming with another doctor on that. The surgery is scheduled for September 30.

In the meantime,I have to get more bloodwork done between September 23 and 29. My choice when but it has to be in Fargo, at a Sanford clinic for some reason.

Last edited by meo92953; 09-09-2021 at 04:30 PM..

Old 09-09-2021, 04:29 PM

They also did another ultrasound on my leg veins as the tingling had not been addressed. They were going to schedule that for later but after I explained that it was difficult to keep driving 70 miles, they squeezed me in. I don't know when I'll head about that one.

So, all in all, a productive two days.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:45 PM

Gads. I missed a bunch of spellchecks corrections.
#1, put dye in the artery
#2, But, not by, there was an artery
#3, hear, not head

I try but can't always stay on top of spellcheck

Old 09-09-2021, 08:07 PM

I sometimes wonder why I'm not scared of what's happening. I think it's mostly due to the timeframe. If they were seriously worried,I assume I would have been in surgery already.

It's dragged on all summer and now into almost fall. I just want it to be over with by the time it's time to go.

Ah well, there's a reason for everything.

Old 09-09-2021, 09:13 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,441,353 times
One of the worst places I have ever stayed was in Bismarck...drug deals & other craziness from dusk to dawn.

You are only 70 miles from Fargo? I guess I thought Minneapolis was closer.

Old 09-10-2021, 01:16 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I sometimes wonder why I'm not scared of what's happening. I think it's mostly due to the timeframe. If they were seriously worried,I assume I would have been in surgery already.

It's dragged on all summer and now into almost fall. I just want it to be over with by the time it's time to go.

Ah well, there's a reason for everything.
In the late 90's my brother had a triple heart bypass operation. He didn't have a heart attack, but his cardiologist told him he needed the triple heart bypass operation. Now, that is scary...
The operation was all good. It was successful. Awhile after that he was running 8 miles a few times a week. He loved to run. Now he's having problems with his legs/knees.

It sounds like your doctors are finding out what you will need to have done soon, but not Immediately. So that is better. It gives them some time to make a good plan for your needs.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
One of the worst places I have ever stayed was in Bismarck...drug deals & other craziness from dusk to dawn.

You are only 70 miles from Fargo? I guess I thought Minneapolis was closer.
Happygrrrl, I love near Fergus Falls, 200 miles from Minneapolis.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
In the late 90's my brother had a triple heart bypass operation. He didn't have a heart attack, but his cardiologist told him he needed the triple heart bypass operation. Now, that is scary...
The operation was all good. It was successful. Awhile after that he was running 8 miles a few times a week. He loved to run. Now he's having problems with his legs/knees.

It sounds like your doctors are finding out what you will need to have done soon, but not Immediately. So that is better. It gives them some time to make a good plan for your needs.
Yes, it's certainly better than a triple bypass! That must have been scary!

I'm glad they're taking their time; who knows if they might have missed the 2nd shadow without all the tests, and I might have been on the road, still having problems but thinking I was fixed and thus ignoring them.

As it is, they're pretty surprised that I didn't go to the emergency room when I had the TIA. Unfortunately, I was raised to not complain and/or be dramatic so when it passed so quickly I didn't realize it was a serious warning.

For anyone else who is like me, look up FAST. Can't remember all of it but the first one is face drooping. I did know about it but forgot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing