Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2021, 12:32 PM

17,634 posts, read 22,630,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Did you have to stay overnight for that or was it an outpatient procedure?

My brother and sister want to go for Sushi today, something they do every month, and I couldn't dissuade them from not doing that as it's my birthday. But, I asked the pre-op person who called if she knew the time of the operation and she said it was scheduled for me to arrive at 7:00 am.

The Sushi place is in Fargo and the hospital is also in Fargo which is 70 miles away. My sister, who is driving to both places is not an early morning person and we would have to leave by 6:00 am to get there on time.

The alternative, which I am going to suggest, is that we either skip the Sushi or stay overnight in Fargo, which means I would have to pay for two hotel rooms tonight just so we could do the Sushi thing.

My family frustrates me so much sometimes.
Yes, they had me stay overnight.

"Happy Birthday" May you celebrate many happy returns of the day...

I would go to the Barbeque ribs Place.

You could sleep in the waiting room at the hospital.
Go to a hostel.
Stay at the YMCA.

Enjoy your evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2021, 05:34 PM

7,039 posts, read 6,289,652 times
We decided to come home and leave at 5:30 tomorrow. I kinda doubt I'll sleep much tonight. We'll see.

Ha, ha on the ribs. We all love Sushi and the closest place is in Fargo. My sister mentioned that it was my birthday and they surprised me with a $10 gift card! I wasn't expecting that but it was very nice of them. Of course, he had me verify it with my drivers license and I always look like a convict in them.. I have never figured out why they turn out that way.

Thanks for the happy birthday.

Old 09-30-2021, 10:47 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,062,046 times
Thinking of you today, Meo! Hope everything is going great.

Old 09-30-2021, 04:17 PM

Thanks karen. Well, it could have been better.

They decided to do the angiogram, and what turned out to be an angioplasty, and wait on the scraping of the neck artery. But they didn't tell me until the last minute. So only the Shadow Doctor worked on me.

The shadow turned out to be a stent that was closed up, the one by my heart,so yes it was a good thing it was done. The leg problem looks like the original stent on that is also closed up something will have to be done about that. So the angiogram was necessary but I still need more work done.

I could be happier.

This will slow me down considerably as I was planning on getting the car together and now can lift nothing over 10 lbs for 5 days. I also have to get the artery taken care of. My sister has a retreat next week and a cruise coming up and I will have to work around her schedule.

So that's where we stand. Still in the unknown.I

I should know more tomorrow when I talk to the nurse and/or doctor who wasn't there.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:14 PM

17,634 posts, read 22,630,766 times
Quote:
Thanks karen. Well, it could have been better.

They decided to do the angiogram, and what turned out to be an angioplasty, and wait on the scraping of the neck artery. But they didn't tell me until the last minute. So only the Shadow Doctor worked on me.

The shadow turned out to be a stent that was closed up, the one by my heart,so yes it was a good thing it was done. The leg problem looks like the original stent on that is also closed up something will have to be done about that. So the angiogram was necessary but I still need more work done.

I could be happier.

This will slow me down considerably as I was planning on getting the car together and now can lift nothing over 10 lbs for 5 days. I also have to get the artery taken care of. My sister has a retreat next week and a cruise coming up and I will have to work around her schedule.

So that's where we stand. Still in the unknown.I

I should know more tomorrow when I talk to the nurse and/or doctor who wasn't there.
So now the blood flow to your heart is better with the angioplasty. That's good. . If that closed up stent continued on you could have had a heart attack.

Back in 1995 after i had my angioplasty VA had me going to the Veteran's hospital in Palo Alto, CA for appointments. They had me seeing young doctors from Stanford. A senior surgeon from Stanford wanted to see me. He said from the tests they gave me, his opinion was that he should give me a quadruple heart bypass operation. I said Thank you for you opinion but i need some time to think about it.
After a few days i called & declined the offer. I don't know what would have happened if i let him operate.
I was feeling fine. I didn't know this doctor. I didn't know if i could trust him.

Meo, i hope they get your leg & neck repaired with haste, so you & Marigold can go on new adventures.

Old 09-30-2021, 08:00 PM

Thanks Hawk, for your info. They (nursing staff) were insistent that this was for brain intervention, i.e, protecting my brain from a clot or seizure. Which was the reason for the angiogram, thus participating the angioplasty.

I just wish the doctor had said that in the first place. I feel I was led on.

This has led to some interesting discussions with my sister about if something should go wrong, how would family pay for my burial. Sad to say that I don't trust the niece and nephew I have listed on my investment accounts to give up any of those proceeds so I will be switching some of that money to savings and putting my sister in the account in case it's needed. This will just add to my emergency fund.

Old 10-01-2021, 04:09 AM

Wow. I take back every bad word I said!

I woke up and for the first time in months my feet are warm! It feels so good. So, so good. There's still some tingling but nothing like it was And , the neck artery no longer hurts nor does it stick out like it did.

The shadow doctor is a miracle worker!

Old 10-01-2021, 05:56 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,062,046 times
Quote:
Wow. I take back every bad word I said!

I woke up and for the first time in months my feet are warm! It feels so good. So, so good. There's still some tingling but nothing like it was And , the neck artery no longer hurts nor does it stick out like it did.

The shadow doctor is a miracle worker!
^^^ That is great news!! So glad to read it as my first thought on your earlier posts was "After all she's been through, COME ON!"

I hope the progress continues and you and Marigold can be on your way!

Old 10-01-2021, 07:46 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,017,104 times
Good news!

Old 10-01-2021, 03:17 PM

2,105 posts, read 3,009,621 times
Happy late Birthday meo. My computer broke and this ones right behind it lol.
Glad to hear surgery was ok. Hang in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing