Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2021, 06:04 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Upon reflection, I should have turned around and asked for a different room or a credit on my card. Hindsight.

I was anxious about the tests and the doctor's appointment, just wanting things to be over. And I didn't want to pay a lot for a room so I put up with it. You're right, I shouldn't have.
Years ago we have stayed in Motel 6. The few we stayed at were pretty decent, back then.
Imo, it's up to the manager to make sure the employees keep the rooms very clean & safe.
The rooms we stayed in all had coffee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2021, 09:04 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,582,822 times
Quote:
Upon reflection, I should have turned around and asked for a different room or a credit on my card. Hindsight.

I was anxious about the tests and the doctor's appointment, just wanting things to be over. And I didn't want to pay a lot for a room so I put up with it. You're right, I shouldn't have.
I certainly empathize with you concerning your anxiety. It's understandable that the issues with the hotel room would be lower on your priority list.

I wish you well with everything.

Old 09-14-2021, 03:08 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times
Thanks ,Klassy. Yes, my main concern was getting to the doctor's on time. Fargo is big enough to have a rush hour of sorts and I think the hospital at that location is close to the University. I just don't like chancing something so important.

I'm getting ancy to get everything done so I can get on the road. A lot of the Meet in Q group are already in/near Flagstaff. I'm envious, although I don't plan on leaving until after the middle of October. I'm assuming (hoping) I'll be fixed by then.

I'm getting things together; deciding what to take and what to leave. The clothes I didn't wear on the road but found I needed here I will leave here for next spring. I'll leave the electric water pot here. It takes too much juice to run but worked great here.

I ordered a hot logic mini. It's had some good reviews but was out of stock for quite awhile. I think that's going to be a great way to heat things up. Google it if you're unfamiliar with the product.

I watched a video on heating Taste Bites in it and that was interesting. I'd never heard of their products but they looked interesting on Amazon. The only thing I don't really like is that they come in packs of 6. I wish they would have an assortment so you could try more than one kind. But, I do love both Indian and Thai food so will order some before I leave. They would sure be a space saver!

That's the name of the game right now. Making space for everything I think I'll need and not taking what I didn't use last time. I'm going to leave my winter coat I think. Although it can get cold in the desert during the winter, I only wore it once. What I didn't have enough of were sweatshirts. I've got 6 now, which should be plenty. I really lucked out on the garage sales this summer. If I find that's too many, I'll send some home. I do use them a lot here in May, September and October.

The next week's I'll spend cleaning and organizing the car. Hopefully that will make the time go faster.

Last edited by meo92953; 09-14-2021 at 03:23 PM..

Old 09-15-2021, 06:33 AM

Brrr, it's 47degrees this morning, supposed to get up to 72 though. I'm determined to wait until the middle of October to leave so hope it doesn't get too cold before then.

It'll just make it more pleasant to get back to the sun!

Old 09-15-2021, 10:09 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,023,646 times
Quote:
Brrr, it's 47degrees this morning, supposed to get up to 72 though. I'm determined to wait until the middle of October to leave so hope it doesn't get too cold before then.

It'll just make it more pleasant to get back to the sun!
This really is a great time of year here. The cool night air makes sleeping - snuggling under the covers - wonderful. I may take a month off during the winter and hit NC.

Old 09-16-2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
This really is a great time of year here. The cool night air makes sleeping - snuggling under the covers - wonderful. I may take a month off during the winter and hit NC.
It is a great time of year here, I agree. I'm sure you'll enjoy NC. I didn't get there this year but hope to next fall.

Old 09-16-2021, 10:11 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,582,822 times
Meo,

You've introduced me to something new. I'd never heard of Hot Logic oven before. I googled it and watched a video that shows how it works. It looks like a modern lunch kit with an electrical cord to plug into the outlet. I'd love to know how well food taste that has been cooked that way.

The Tasty Bites packs looks delicious! I'd never heard of those either so I went to Amazon. Found a pack of 10 and it comes in a variety of flavors (this was for the Indian food selection - one of my favorite non-American foods). I'm not sure if the company can do the food justice so I'd like to taste it first before committing to a 10-pack order and being stuck with 9 pouches of food and I don't like and couldn't even give away. My family wouldn't eat it.

It sounds so exciting to soon embark on your trip. I wish I had time off work to do something like that - but I only want to do it for 1-2 weeks. It would be a vacation. I'd love to experience Arizona around this time of the year, especially Flagstaff. Quartzsite was a place I've never heard of before your posts. You're giving many (or some) of us an education of "firsts" regarding a community / lifestyle that I didn't know existed or I didn't know much about it before reading your thread. Thanks.

Last edited by Klassyhk; 09-16-2021 at 10:21 PM..

Old 09-17-2021, 08:27 AM

Klassy
My hot logic will be delivered today. I ordered a car plug in converter so I can use it both ways and the mushroom masala 6 pack. I have brown rice in a microwave package which I will heat up with the masala. I'll let you know how they turn out.

I've actually seen a lot of videos using the hot logic but never wanted to spend the money until I saw the one using Tasty Bites. I realized it would be a game changer and allow me to keep eating vegetarian, especially since I found the microwave brown rice at Wal-Mart.

IF the food packets are as tasty as they sound in the videos, I will stock up. That will save so much room!

Old 09-17-2021, 08:50 AM

As for sharing what I've learned, I didn't know any of this until I started researching tiny homes and Cheaprvliving came up. I had no idea this was a lifestyle choice and that's why I share. I didn't find out until I retired but wish I would have known before I lost everything in the recession.

I ended up taking a job that was under 1/2 of my previous salary and if it wouldn't have been for family, I may have ended up in a shelter. I'll never know as family took me in. I probably would have been too scared to live this way back then anyway.

It did take a couple years of research before I started and I would never have thought I could do it in the Cube, until I saw someone do it in a small car.

Eventually I'll get a larger vehicle, probably a minivan, once prices come down. But for now, Marigold and I will keep traveling in the Cube.

Old 09-17-2021, 11:29 PM

4,622 posts, read 3,007,630 times
Quote:
Klassy
My hot logic will be delivered today. I ordered a car plug in converter so I can use it both ways and the mushroom masala 6 pack. I have brown rice in a microwave package which I will heat up with the masala. I'll let you know how they turn out.

I've actually seen a lot of videos using the hot logic but never wanted to spend the money until I saw the one using Tasty Bites. I realized it would be a game changer and allow me to keep eating vegetarian, especially since I found the microwave brown rice at Wal-Mart.

IF the food packets are as tasty as they sound in the videos, I will stock up. That will save so much room!

I hadn't heard of Hot Logic before, but it seems like a great thing for the nomad to have.
It's advertising says it keeps food warm for hours w/o overcooking it...
but I couldn't find a mention of how much time it takes to warm up the meal
to the right temperature to begin with... does anyone know?

MEO, it's fun to follow your adventures... including the planning for the next one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing