Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2021, 09:38 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,650,271 times

Advertisements

I had a stent put in this year and the only downside is that darn Plavix I have to take.

I can barely bump my had or arm and I have a huge ugly old lady spot. Ugh!

Glad you are recovering. Be gentle with yourself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2021, 02:25 PM

4,622 posts, read 3,007,630 times
Meo, could you wear something like this?
www.amazon.com/Womens-Neck-Warmer-Snowboarding-Versatility/dp/B07SRHS27Y

Old 10-30-2021, 02:42 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Thanks! I went ahead and ordered one. It won't be here until Thursday but I don't think I'll be leaving until Saturday or Sunday anyway.

Old 10-30-2021, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
I had a stent put in this year and the only downside is that darn Plavix I have to take.

I can barely bump my had or arm and I have a huge ugly old lady spot. Ugh!

Glad you are recovering. Be gentle with yourself!
They put me on Placvix too but only a 90 day prescription. I wonder if that's stopping the bruises from healing.

Old 11-01-2021, 06:25 AM

Brrr-cold here lately. It's 31° now with a high of 39°. Not much better Tuesday or Wednesday. By Thursday it's supposed to get back to the 50's through at least next Tuesday. I should be gone by then. Fingers crossed.

I did go to town and it was fine. No one said anything. But, that's Minnesota small town; polite to a vault and not a reliable source of reality. But I didn't feel like a freak so that was nice.

Old 11-01-2021, 08:55 AM

815 posts, read 982,068 times
I'm glad your trip to town was successful and you felt comfortable.

It's 56 degrees here in North Florida and I'm bundled up sitting in front of a space heater. I don't like cold weather, so 31 sounds awful. Hope you get to leave soon for warmer temperatures

Old 11-01-2021, 11:05 AM

I hope so too. It's too cold to spend time packing the car but I'm getting things organized so when it gets in the 50's again I'll just start putting things in there. I'm not sure I'll even finish vacuuming. I can always do that when I'm warm.

I don't think I'll have too much of a problem getting everything in the car. The packing cubes really save a lot of space and they're soft sided which makes it easier to scrunch them into nooks and crannies. Between them and large plastic zip lock bags, a lot of space is saved.

When I think of the difference between how I packed last year, I'm amazed. It does help that I have the use of this trailer so I can leave things I only use here.

My sister helped me with scoring my tri-fold mattress and I've placed that in the back leaning against the back door. That gives me more room, 5 & 1/2 inches, and also serves as almost a couch. I bought a hanging net which holds my window coverings so they are out of the way. My 'trunk' holds my spare tire, small toolbox, battery charger, tire inflator, both shower & Marigolds tent. The garbage bag hangs up. I'll Velcro the fire extinguisher and carbon monoxide detector to the sides.

All of this saves room.

Such a difference from my packing last year!

I spent a lot more time researching and watching videos on how other people were doing this and it's really paid off. Sure, I spent money, but most of these are one time buys. I think finding out about the Hot Logic and the food packets was the best. I'll still eat healthy and not have to spend a lot at the stores.

Yesterday I watched a video on how you can spend so much more at Quartzsite. Now, the person did talk about how he & his wife ate out quite a bit, which I don't do, but let's face it, the winter months are when the town makes most of its money and the prices reflect that. I certainly understand and don't begrudge them but I won't be spending a lot outside of water, gas and the few things I'll need outside of what I'm bringing.

Old 11-01-2021, 12:20 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,650,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I hope so too. It's too cold to spend time packing the car but I'm getting things organized so when it gets in the 50's again I'll just start putting things in there. I'm not sure I'll even finish vacuuming. I can always do that when I'm warm.

I don't think I'll have too much of a problem getting everything in the car. The packing cubes really save a lot of space and they're soft sided which makes it easier to scrunch them into nooks and crannies. Between them and large plastic zip lock bags, a lot of space is saved.

When I think of the difference between how I packed last year, I'm amazed. It does help that I have the use of this trailer so I can leave things I only use here.

My sister helped me with scoring my tri-fold mattress and I've placed that in the back leaning against the back door. That gives me more room, 5 & 1/2 inches, and also serves as almost a couch. I bought a hanging net which holds my window coverings so they are out of the way. My 'trunk' holds my spare tire, small toolbox, battery charger, tire inflator, both shower & Marigolds tent. The garbage bag hangs up. I'll Velcro the fire extinguisher and carbon monoxide detector to the sides.

All of this saves room.

Such a difference from my packing last year!

I spent a lot more time researching and watching videos on how other people were doing this and it's really paid off. Sure, I spent money, but most of these are one time buys. I think finding out about the Hot Logic and the food packets was the best. I'll still eat healthy and not have to spend a lot at the stores.

Yesterday I watched a video on how you can spend so much more at Quartzsite. Now, the person did talk about how he & his wife ate out quite a bit, which I don't do, but let's face it, the winter months are when the town makes most of its money and the prices reflect that. I certainly understand and don't begrudge them but I won't be spending a lot outside of water, gas and the few things I'll need outside of what I'm bringing.
MEO do you have a YouTube channel? I would LOVE to watch your travel adventures!

Old 11-01-2021, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
MEO do you have a YouTube channel? I would LOVE to watch your travel adventures!
I don't Mschrief. I've thought about it but it sounds expensive to get into. I just don't know.

I plan on going to both the WRTR and the RTR in January and I'll ask the utubers there about how they got into it. I know a lot of people got into it after the last RTR, prior to covid, after talking to folks.

Let's face it though, you're asking a person that can't even figure out how to post pictures from my Amazon Fire, which is the source I use the most. BUT, plenty of people are doing it so I will try to find out.

Chrome from vancity vanlife did a talk on the basics about a year ago but I only half paid attention because I didn't think it was something I would ever do. I'm pretty sure you at least need one of the expensive IPhones.

All I can say is that I'll check out how to do it.

Old 11-02-2021, 08:10 AM

Woke up to 24°. Yikes! The little heater I'm using barely takes the chill off. If I was packed up, I would be out of here.

It's a good incentive to get it done just as soon as it gets back in the 50's. I look around and calculate where everything is going so by the time I start, at least in my mind, it'll be half done.

Still haven't decided if I'm going to go through the southern states and then over to Texas or through the Dakotas and the midstates. I really liked Missouri, Mississippi, Arkansas and Louisiana but haven't seen much of the mid-states so should probably explore them some. Decisions, decisions.

Per the utubers I normally watch, people are slowly getting to Quartzsite but still not a lot there yet. So I'm not the only one delayed or taking time to get there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing