Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2021, 07:44 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybygolly View Post
Thank you for keeping us updated. Many of us here really enjoy reading about your plans.

I think you are wise for taking your time and planning around your health and the weather, even though I am sure you are anxious to get back on the road
Thanks Molly. Yes, it's tough to wait it out but in getting so much done today I can tell it's been good for me to take the time to heal. I've still got a ways to go but it's getting better. It may be good that I have this extra time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2021, 05:18 PM

Well, the rain started this afternoon. It's supposed to start snowing tomorrow. We'll see how long it lasts. They say a couple of days. Whenever it's done, and cleaned up, I'll leave.

Old 11-11-2021, 05:58 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Well, the rain started this afternoon. It's supposed to start snowing tomorrow. We'll see how long it lasts. They say a couple of days. Whenever it's done, and cleaned up, I'll leave.
May you & Marigold have many wonderful, safe Adventures...

I was thinking...Does your car insurance have towing coverage, in case you were to need it?

Old 11-11-2021, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
May you & Marigold have many wonderful, safe Adventures...

I was thinking...Does your car insurance have towing coverage, in case you were to need it?
Yes, I have road assistance. The one time I needed it they were wonderful. I always choose to pay more for added coverage.

I, more than likely, won't be leaving until Tuesday as travel is not advised until then. It's cold, 36°, but I'm comfortable in the trailer. Glad I'm waiting it out but anxious to get going.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:32 AM

4,621 posts, read 3,007,630 times
Quote:
I, more than likely, won't be leaving until Tuesday as travel is not advised until then. It's cold, 36°, but I'm comfortable in the trailer. Glad I'm waiting it out but anxious to get going.

You've got time to check that everything is aboard, and to fine-tune the packing.

Old 11-11-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
You've got time to check that everything is aboard, and to fine-tune the packing.
Right. But, the one thing about packing everything up before can actually leave is having to dig things out when you need them. Another nice thing about the packing cubes, they have see through tops so it was easy to spot what I needed. And I found out I did pack correctly as I didn't have to dig for anything.

I mainly was looking for the food packets and there they were, easy to find. I took out enough to see me through until Tuesday to get prepared before the snow hits.

Old 11-11-2021, 01:21 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,650,271 times
Quote:
There is a utuber I watch a lot, minivan lee and she wears a lot of different neck gators. I may investigate them further. Come to think of it, I do have, or did have, a lot of scarves but I never wore them. I may have kept them, I'm not sure. I'll check my storage space when I'm in Arizona.

Yesterday, which was supposed to be warm, although cloudy, turned out to be cold and windy. I did get inside things more organized but not the car. Hopefully the rest of the weekend will be warmer.

Regardless, today I start organizing the car. I have to wait until after Monday for my remaining orders from Amazon and plan on leaving Tuesday morning. I'm going to go through North Dakota and down that way. I'll probably drive and not stop a lot through North and South Dakota because I've been through them both. I'll stop more often in Nebraska, Kansas, maybe Oklahoma, definitely Texas, which I came to really like, and New Mexico.

There's been some interesting videos about New Mexico around Roswell, Artesia and Alamogordo. I plan on visiting the state parks in those areas. Then I'll head down to I10 and over. Since my storage unit is in Sierra Vista, I'll stop and check that out. Probably get rid of some more things, ship some here and decide what I want to do with it.

I would get rid of it but my seats are in it and items I kept for a larger vehicle when I get one. I'm also thinking of maybe, just maybe, checking out moving what's in there to a storage unit in or near Quartzsite.

Then, just as I'm leaving the things I use here, I could leave the things I use while in Quartzsite, there. There's quite a few people who do that and, in reality I have a storage bin of cold weather things I haven't used at all here but did use in Quartzsite when it was cold. It's surprising how cold it can get in January and February there. Nothing like Minnesota, of course, but cold enough.

My sister harps about the $54 I pay every month for storage but, to me, that's a small amount compared to the $550 I was paying for an apartment. And until I'm certain I do not want the things in there or put them somewhere else, I'll keep paying for it.
I also follow Minivan Lee. Love her content.

Old 11-12-2021, 06:38 AM

Wow, I can't believe I'd forgotten how bad winter storms are! It's cold and the wind is horrific. I don't know when it started showing but there's not a ton on the ground. It's supposed to snow for the next few days. Will be happy when I can leave it behind me.

Old 11-12-2021, 08:05 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
I remember when i was a kid living in Milwaukee, WI. Sometimes the snow would get about 5' deep. We loved playing in the snow & building forts. The cold didn't bother us when we were kids.
They sprayed water on an area of the school grounds & made it an ice skating rink. Lots of Fun...
"The Good ol' Days".

Old 11-12-2021, 04:36 PM

I spent a lot of my younger years I a small town and it was like that there. So much fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing