Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2022, 09:07 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times

Advertisements

High winds again today. Took my tent down. It looks like either tomorrow or Friday would be the best day to leave. I'm not ready yet so think it'll be Friday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2022, 07:40 PM

I made a dent in packing today. Still have more to do and hope to get it done tomorrow. I still have laundry to do and garbage to get rid of but that won't take too long. Thankfully the landfill is on the road to camp.

I met another sweet couple here last week and 'adopted' the young man, who is about my son's age. Today I gave them an afghan I made but haven't used on this trip as it's too big and bulky for my platform and mattress.

It's a way for them to remember me and I can always make more. Not everyone has that talent and I like to share, especially since it has been my hobby since I was 16 and a way for me to relax while creating a thing of beauty.

It also freed up a lot of space and will be perfect for their bed as they pull a small trailer and have a double bed. A win-win for all of us.

Old 04-20-2022, 09:27 PM

Sometimes I can't believe how much I love this life.

Tomorrow or the next day, but probably tomorrow, I will move on. The next place has a lot of BLM land and I'll probably stay a few days. I have to be 'home' by or before May 21st for an event I promised my sister I'd go to. That's the last time I make a promise like that! I always feel like they're trying to make me normal, which isn't going to happen.

My doctor's appointment is June 2nd. Hopefully that will go well.

Otherwise I just plan on relaxing and doing a lot of fishing.

I am looking forward to seeing Oregon and Washington prior to heading home. I do want to experience the Pacific Coast.

Old 04-20-2022, 11:13 PM

25 posts, read 13,814 times
Happy trails to you, Meo! (In my mind I call you 'meow')

Hope you and Marigold have a wonderful adventure. I love Oregon and Washington. So beautiful.

Thank you for the updates and your story about meeting the woman whose son died was very moving,

I am going to start my car living July 1st. I'm going to camp mostly in Nevada and Utah and then make my way to Quartzsite later in the year.

Old 04-20-2022, 11:30 PM

4,622 posts, read 3,007,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Sometimes I can't believe how much I love this life.

Tomorrow or the next day, but probably tomorrow, I will move on. The next place has a lot of BLM land and I'll probably stay a few days. I have to be 'home' by or before May 21st for an event I promised my sister I'd go to. That's the last time I make a promise like that! I always feel like they're trying to make me normal, which isn't going to happen.

My doctor's appointment is June 2nd. Hopefully that will go well.

Otherwise I just plan on relaxing and doing a lot of fishing.

I am looking forward to seeing Oregon and Washington prior to heading home. I do want to experience the Pacific Coast.

Meo, you owe it to yourself to see the Redwoods (in the far northwest corner of CA):
www.google.com/maps/@41.4279753,-124.0372993,3a,75y,356.83h,92.01t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sPgAXU6Z7BH9t6zLte7RX9g!2e0!6sh ttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3DPgAX U6Z7BH9t6zLte7RX9g%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.g ps%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D247.95944%26pitch%3 D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656

Old 04-21-2022, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz60 View Post
Happy trails to you, Meo! (In my mind I call you 'meow')

Hope you and Marigold have a wonderful adventure. I love Oregon and Washington. So beautiful.

Thank you for the updates and your story about meeting the woman whose son died was very moving,

I am going to start my car living July 1st. I'm going to camp mostly in Nevada and Utah and then make my way to Quartzsite later in the year.
Good for you! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

I'm looking forward to leaving Pahrump and seeing Tonopah. It's supposed to have beautiful night skies. I was going to leave today but there's another wind advisory and already windy here. I don't like to drive in the wind. Tomorrow looks like the better day.

Meow, that's funny. But it fits with my partner being Marigold.

Old 04-21-2022, 08:22 AM

Nw4me, I may not do much of CA this year. Eventually gas prices will come down and I'm sure I'll do the Pacific Coast again. I don't like to throw money away and CA prices are way out of sight. I may do what Matty Van Halen is doing. He was on the Oregon coast and then made a trip down to the Redwoods and is now back to Oregon.

It depends on timing. I'll have a month to get back to Minnesota and that seems to be enough time but there's a lot I have to cover. I'd like to spend a week ion the Oregon coast and maybe a week in Washington but I also have to go through Montana and North Dakota before reaching Minnesota so not sure of timing yet.

I don't like driving more than 4-5 hours a day, it's too tiring. So I'll be winging this trip.

This is the last time I make promises to be somewhere on a specific day. It gets too frustrating to calculate the timing.

Well, doctor appointments, but other than that, nothing. I spent too many years working and having to be somewhere at a certain time.

Old 04-21-2022, 04:19 PM

The wind has been horrible all day. The wind advisory doesn't end until 2-3 am Friday morning. Doubt if I'll get much sleep tonight.

A thought; if you want to see what HOWA is doing both week one and two are out on video at utube. Just pull up Homes on Wheels Alliance. I'm not in the videos but where we are camping is and the work that's going on.

Old 04-21-2022, 06:24 PM

4,622 posts, read 3,007,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
The wind has been horrible all day. The wind advisory doesn't end until 2-3 am Friday morning.

Doubt if I'll get much sleep tonight.

A thought; if you want to see what HOWA is doing both week one and two are out on video at utube. Just pull up Homes on Wheels Alliance. I'm not in the videos but where we are camping is and the work that's going on.

Just skimmed the video, but wow those sunsets are spectacular!
(they're sunsets, right? the mountains are to the west of Pahrump?)

Old 04-21-2022, 07:06 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Meo, Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park is very beautiful. Close to Crescent City.

https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=413

https://www.google.com/search?q=jede...client=gws-wiz

Drive Safely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing