Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2022, 07:25 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I do have a doctor's appointment June 2nd to check how my arteries are doing plus I need another ultrasound prior to that. Sigh. Not looking forward to it.

When the kid called me to reschedule the original appointment from the end of May to June, I almost laughed. I'd totally forgotten about it.

One of the best things I ever did was to pick the higher priced health insurance. My hospital stay was over $30,000 and between Medicare and insurance I only paid slightly over $200.

My insurance does cost me $84 a month but, I do not pay for prescriptions and out of pocket is way low. When I think of what I could have been stuck paying, I shudder.

It certainly has been worth every penny.
Yes, those hospital stays & surgeries are very expensive if one doesn't have very good insurance...

If i may ask, which company is your insurance with for $84 a month? I'm looking around for some additional ins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2022, 09:00 PM

7,042 posts, read 6,292,162 times
Another reason I chose to keep Minnesota residency. Blue Cross Minnesota.

Between car insurance and health insurance plus the fact that I stay on the family farm for 6 months, it's saved me a bundle.

Last edited by meo92953; 03-17-2022 at 09:17 PM..

Old 03-17-2022, 09:19 PM

I don't think I say often enough how much I appreciate all of you. It humbles me to see your posts and input.

Old 03-17-2022, 10:13 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
Quote:
Another reason I chose to keep Minnesota residency. Blue Cross Minnesota.

Between car insurance and health insurance plus the fact that I stay on the family farm for 6 months, it's saved me a bundle.
Thanks Meo, i have a hunch they won't sell me any insurance, cuz i'm not a Minnesota resident...

Old 03-18-2022, 03:38 AM

6,224 posts, read 6,612,356 times
Quote:
I don't think I say often enough how much I appreciate all of you. It humbles me to see your posts and input.
No need too say it Meo!!! Ur inspiring travels w/ urself & adorable girl kitty keep me upbeat as just lost my heart kitty--a big boy alpha male feral Fiv kitty in Nov. & life is JUST NOT THE SAME W/ OUT HIM>

I'd trade my life to get him back w/ us in our RV & able to eat from my hand his fav food chick breast & just seeing the happiness on this warrior's face. His death about has caused me to rethink my own death & really--why I even exist at this point? Is it pointless? Im starting to think so as after 5 months this wkend ----the tragedy grows harder NOT easier to deal w/ for me & rather than getting better w/ time--but rather--INTENSIFYING w/ time!

I MUST BE FROM ANOTHER PLANET THAN EARTH? I DO NOT SEE IT AS OTHER PPL HERE SEE DEATH OF A BELOVED CHERISHED FRIEND SPECIAL PET, PERIOD! SORRY I'M INSANE I KNOW

Meo, guard ur baby w/ all u have. DOn't know what ya got til its gone

Old 03-18-2022, 04:48 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,925,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
His death about has caused me to rethink my own death & really--why I even exist at this point? Is it pointless? Im starting to think so as after 5 months this wkend ----the tragedy grows harder NOT easier to deal w/ for me & rather than getting better w/ time--but rather--INTENSIFYING w/ time!
Hey, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'm following your thread on the psych forum too and hope you will find a hope in this world. I've been depressed for about three years since my husband unexpectedly passed away, far too soon (so just one thing going on, not three). I really would have taken my own life because I feel the same way that there is just no point for me to exist anymore with this pain. I know that it will sound trite to many, but the only reason I don't is due to my faith. You mentioned you have a tenuous hold on it and I do hope that it will be maintained. Life just has little joy for me anymore and it is so true that the tragedy intensifies with time. I wish everyday that it will be my last, that the Lord will call me home. But, he hasn't yet and the reason I don't end it is because he has some purpose for me here [and also that death is in the hands of God, only he should determine that (outside of magisterial punishment for murder)].

I just wanted to let you know you're not alone though with three things going on I imagine it's worse; I just lost my husband so I just have the one thing to deal with (at the moment). I hope that God will provide you with comfort and strength in the midst of your trials.

Old 03-18-2022, 02:38 PM

Amen to that.

Thankfully Marigold is really good about staying close. She's an Arizona cat and aware of coyotes.

I lost two precious fur babies; my pekinese because, although I couldn't prove it, there were some sketchy teens on my block who got a kick out of hurting animals and I believe they poisoned him. The other, a darling, loving boy cat I think an animal got. It was at the farm and my brother found him.

Both of these were very hard and I also fell into depression.

I like to think I gave them the best life they had and that helped me with finally releasing the grief.

I believe I'm doing that for Marigold too.

I hope Marigold lives for a long, long time but, when she goes I'll know I did my best to give her a good life. I'm sure you did that for your baby too.

Old 03-18-2022, 03:02 PM

I had a very hard time when my son died and often had suicidal thoughts. This journey has really helped me but it took a long long time.

I think a lot of the healing came about when I saw majestic views that took me out of myself. I still struggle sometimes but it's much better.

I hope both of you get some relief. I know it's hard.

Old 03-19-2022, 09:25 PM

Wow, the wind is really ferocious today. I think I,'m going to go ahead and move on. Have to get laundry done and then I'll pack up and go.

Old 03-19-2022, 09:56 PM

5,763 posts, read 11,367,944 times
Quote:
Wow, the wind is really ferocious today. I think I,'m going to go ahead and move on. Have to get laundry done and then I'll pack up and go.
Good luck and safe journey to your next stop (heading north?). Google map directions show 265 miles / 4.5 hours. Pahrump can get windy too so you'll likely need those beefy tent stakes to set up camp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing