Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2022, 02:02 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times

Advertisements

Not getting as much done as I wanted to today. Between the wind and the occasional sprinkle of rain, it's hard to organize the car.

I spend a lot of time just putting the windows up and down.

Oh well, that's van life.

Marigold reverted to sleeping under the bed platform during the heat wave. She's there now too, with the wind as it is.

She hadn't done that for a long time as it has been full of things, but as supplies lesson it gives her back the space.

I hadn't realized she was under there and was looking for her everywhere, scared because I couldn't find her, thinking the worst. Then I heard her coming out from under the platform.

You can imagine how afraid I was prior to hearing her.

The thing is, even though I know she stays close to the car, normally I can see her. When I couldn't find her, my first thought was that maybe a predator had somehow taken her or, since snakes have been seen lately, that she'd been bitten by one.

But she proved my worries unfounded. Thankfully.

Last edited by meo92953; 03-28-2022 at 02:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2022, 06:47 PM

25 posts, read 13,814 times
Your last message is music to my ears!

Was wondering how you and Marigold were doing. Today in Las Vegas, it is extremely windy and about to rain. On Saturday it was in the 90s.

Hope your trip to Pahrump is enjoyable. I saw on the HOWA website that there will be an open house at the end. I think I will go to it. I'll get to see the results and get inspiration, although when I leave S&B I will be in a car for a while.

Last edited by taz60; 03-28-2022 at 06:58 PM..

Old 03-28-2022, 07:53 PM

I'm hoping to be around until the van build is done but uncertain whether I'll stay through the entire event. I'm currently signed up for volunteering until the 10th.

My bad leg has been giving me some problems and if it continues I may just head home from Pahrump. Hopefully it stops but best to be prepared.

Old 03-28-2022, 08:38 PM

One of the good things about Pahrump is that they have, from what I''ve read, is that they have a good heart team so it will be good to be there. Hopefully everything is just fine and I'm imagining things.

On to other things. I've never seen lightning here but twice now I've seen it and it's sprinkling again. I think it's going to be a strange night. We'll see.

Last edited by meo92953; 03-28-2022 at 08:47 PM..

Old 03-28-2022, 10:59 PM

25 posts, read 13,814 times
Really hoping that all remains well with you, health wise. When you mentioned your legs, it reminded me of a vlogger who wears compression socks when she drives more than a few hours. I'm going to try that. I wore them when flying for more than a few hours and they were helpful. My legs tend to swell.

Great idea about getting help for your roof rack at the Howa build. I'm trying to decide between a roof rack and roofpax, which can be attached to the car without a rack. Not sure about it though, since it would be easy for someone to cut the straps and walk off with it if I went into a store.

Old 03-28-2022, 11:54 PM

4,622 posts, read 3,007,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
One of the good things about Pahrump is that they have, from what I''ve read, is that they have a good heart team so it will be good to be there. Hopefully everything is just fine and I'm imagining things.

On to other things. I've never seen lightning here but twice now I've seen it and it's sprinkling again.

I think it's going to be a strange night. We'll see.
Your audience will be hoping for a report in the morning, Meo!

Old 03-29-2022, 01:48 PM

The leg felt better after a good night's sleep. Not sure why it acted up yesterday. I'm still going to go home faster than I planned, just because I want my doctor's who I have history with to check it out.

I didn't leave today because the weather has been strange. First it was cold and sprinkling, then the wind started up again. Now it goes from hot to cloudy. Strange weather day.

Hopefully it will be better tomorrow but I am not going to drive in wind.

One really neat thing that happened was there was a rainbow. So beautiful.

Old 03-29-2022, 02:09 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
I'm hoping to be around until the van build is done but uncertain whether I'll stay through the entire event. I'm currently signed up for volunteering until the 10th.

My bad leg has been giving me some problems and if it continues I may just head home from Pahrump. Hopefully it stops but best to be prepared.

If your foot/feet & leg/s are swelling up, what i do is, when i sleep i put my feet on a pillow so my feet are above my heart. The swelling goes down while i'm asleep.
Like Taz mentioned, compression socks do help with the swelling.

My feet & legs have swelled up for years. They have given me tests at the Veterans Hospital. Noone has figured out what the problem is.

Meo, i hope you are getting to feel better & the swelling goes down.

Last edited by Hawk J; 03-29-2022 at 02:47 PM..

Old 03-29-2022, 02:16 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:

On to other things. I've never seen lightning here but twice now I've seen it and it's sprinkling again. I think it's going to be a strange night. We'll see.
Has your Cardiologist ever prescribed Nitroglycerin tablets for you? I take one at times when i feel i should, just to be on the safe side.

Old 03-29-2022, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Has your Cardiologist ever prescribed Nitroglycerin tablets for you? I take one at times when i feel i should, just to be on the safe side.
No, he hasn't. It could be that the problem was semi corrected by the operations last fall. I'm not sure.

It was such a stressful time and I don't know enough. The leg problem is why I went to the.doctor in the first place. And to be honest, I'm not sure what to think of him, especially since he so misled me about the operation. But he's the one with all the test results so I have to trust that he knows what he's doing.

Hopefully he'll put a stent in the bag leg and be done with it, which is what I wanted in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing