Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2022, 06:20 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times

Advertisements

It's not a swelling of my leg that's the problem. What happens is that it feels weak when I walk. The cane helps and I think the walking I have been doing helps but lately I've had to stop several times between the car and the toilet to rest that leg. It just doesn't seem to get enough blood flow.

I thought it was getting stronger but apparently not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2022, 07:02 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
No, he hasn't. It could be that the problem was semi corrected by the operations last fall. I'm not sure.

It was such a stressful time and I don't know enough. The leg problem is why I went to the doctor in the first place. And to be honest, I'm not sure what to think of him, especially since he so misled me about the operation. But he's the one with all the test results so I have to trust that he knows what he's doing.

Hopefully he'll put a stent in the bag leg and be done with it, which is what I wanted in the first place.
It's probably best to speak to your doctor soon. If your leg doesn't get better, you will need to go back & go in to see him.
It seems like more shorter walks might help strengthen your leg,,,,maybe.

If you don't trust this doctor, it's best to get a second opinion. Not all doctors are as skilled, as they think they are. I have a hard time with trusting doctors.

Old 03-29-2022, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
It's probably best to speak to your doctor soon. If your leg doesn't get better, you will need to go back & go in to see him.

If you don't trust this doctor, it's best to get a second opinion. Not all doctors are as skilled, as they think they are. I have a hard time with trusting doctors.
There aren't that many choices in Fargo. I have to trust him. It's not like when I was living in the city, although Fargo is a large enough town.

Sometimes I feel like I've been living on borrowed time since the car accident. When I remember how my car looked, I still wonder how I made it through that without worse injuries.

Maybe that's why it feels so special to be able to do what I'm doing. There's not a day that I take for granted. Each and every day is special.

I know that when the time comes when I have to settle somewhere, it will be by choice and I'll have fulfilled a dream.

Old 03-29-2022, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post

There aren't that many choices in Fargo. I have to trust him. It's not like when I was living in the city, although Fargo is a large enough town.

Sometimes I feel like I've been living on borrowed time since the car accident. When I remember how my car looked, I still wonder how I made it through that without worse injuries.

Maybe that's why it feels so special to be able to do what I'm doing. There's not a day that I take for granted. Each and every day is special.

I know that when the time comes when I have to settle somewhere, it will be by choice and I'll have fulfilled a dream.

I probably shouldn't have shared my fears about my leg. I'm sorry. But it's been so long since I had this weakness and I really thought I was getting stronger. It may get better, it is probably 'fixable'. We'll see.

Regardless of what happens in the future, I'm living my dream and loving it.

Old 03-29-2022, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post

I probably shouldn't have shared my fears about my leg. I'm sorry. But it's been so long since I had this weakness and I really thought I was getting stronger. It may get better, it is probably 'fixable'. We'll see.

Regardless of what happens in the future, I'm living my dream and loving it.

Yes, it's best to enjoy each bright new beautiful day to its fullest.
We traveled around in our ol' motorhome a couple years camping, finding new fishing holes, exploring, seeing awesome beautiful scenery... ...sunsets...sunrises that were amazing.

Be Safe.

Old 03-30-2022, 03:19 PM

I've decided to wait untill Friday, the 1st, to leave. I forgot that when the 3rd is on a weekend, social security check are deposited the Friday before.

Not that it really matters as I'll still be transferring a lot of last months check to savings but, I like to put whatever I haven't spent into savings as soon as the new amount hits my bank. It's just a quirk I have.

It's probably going to be $450 or so this month, unless I go on a wild spending spree between now and Friday. That's not likely to happen anytime soon.

I do have to go to town for water but that's about it.

I know once I start traveling again my expenses will rise but I'm going to try to find as much free camping as I can. Gas is what's going to hit me the hardest. Plus I make it a point to always buy something when truck stops let me stay overnight.

Old 04-01-2022, 08:21 PM

I haven't left Quartzsite-procrastination. Hopefully tomorrow but I have until Sunday because I have to be in Pahrump on Monday.

Lots to do. Have to pack up and am deciding the best way to do that. I'm finally really tired of the lack of space in the Cube.

That's been behind my procrastinating. Knowing I have to find a spot for everything and then unloading it in the end. A car rack will solve some of that.

I've enjoyed my time here and the savings I've aquired, but looking forward to Oregon and Washington, once I have fulfilled my volunteer obligations at Pahrump.

Old 04-02-2022, 08:23 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,345,217 times
Hope weather cooperates, safe travels. A little worried about you and the leg thing, so don't overdo it...

Old 04-02-2022, 11:51 AM

I'm going to take it easy today and go to Pahrump tomorrow. I'll make sure everything is charged up and ready. I have to be in Pahrump as I'm signed up for volunteering on Monday.
I've got everything out of the tent and it's going to be a tight fit in the car.

I have way too many clothes! I don't know who I thought I was clothing, lol. But a lot of them I picked up from the storage unit. Geesh, even after giving a ton away, I still have way too much. Yet, I don't want to dispose of too much because it does get cold here in the early part of the winter and I needed them.

Adriana of Many Roads, No Rules posted a utube video on Pahrump, just exactly what I needed right now. It was interesting and I'm glad I was able to watch it prior to going there.

Old 04-02-2022, 03:40 PM

Good idea. Take it easy, Meo. You have plenty of time. Have a Wonderful Day...
Drive Safely.

Last edited by Hawk J; 04-02-2022 at 03:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing