Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2022, 03:49 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Actually I'm going to put up her tent since it's not windy. I did have a foldable cat carrier which I ended up giving to my brother because it took up too much room.

That's the problem with such a small car, you always have to take into consideration how much room you have.

That’s great.

I’ve heard of different cats having lots of different things of their own, but never a tent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2022, 07:30 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

That’s great.

I’ve heard of different cats having lots of different things of their own, but never a tent.
With her own tent, she is MariGold Queen of Arizona...

Old 02-16-2022, 05:31 AM

7,044 posts, read 6,295,966 times
I got the idea from an interview Bob Wells did of a guy that put one up in the back of his truck for his cat to be able to be outside safely.

Old 02-19-2022, 07:04 PM

HOWA, SUEANN AND Bob Wells posted a utube about their plans for this April in Pahrump. They're going to do build outs for 24 vehicles instead of the usual of giving away minivans with build outs. The price of minivans is still too high but they do have funds to help with build outs.

They're asking for volunteers and some of the things they mentioned I believe I can help with. I wanted to volunteer at the RTR but didn't know what I could do because it took so long to heal after the operation.

It would be so good to become a part of that tribe and I wanted to go to Pahrump anyway so this fits perfectly into my traveling plans.

Quite a few people have already left Quartzsite and more are planning on doing it but I want to stay as long as I can before move on. Gas prices are high and I am going to try use as little as I can.

Old 02-20-2022, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
With her own tent, she is MariGold Queen of Arizona...

Old 02-20-2022, 01:23 AM

Quote:
I got the idea from an interview Bob Wells did of a guy that put one up in the back of his truck for his cat to be able to be outside safely.
Both you and the guy Bob Wells interviewed have had better luck than I have.

I've traveled well with other people's dogs.

When it came to cats I've had, all of them hated being in vehicles.

That might be because they figured out that the destination would always be the vet .

Old 02-22-2022, 06:51 AM

Marigolds a smart cat. She figured out the first night that were sleeping in the car.

Her very first trip she did howl for about 50 miles but I stopped periodically and petted her so she calmed down. Now she just looks out the window and enjoys the ride.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Marigolds a smart cat. She figured out the first night that were sleeping in the car.

Her very first trip she did howl for about 50 miles but I stopped periodically and petted her so she calmed down. Now she just looks out the window and enjoys the ride.
Ahh...distance and proper reassurance.

I never tried any mitigation techniques because it was only about two or maybe two and a half miles from my house to the vet with (not in the order encountered) three stop signs, one yield sign, one regular traffic light, and one intersection with a traffic light but the turn needed was right (off the busier road), with a dedicated lane re an island, so effectively there was no stop at all, or a yield if someone was turning left off of the busier road and onto that roadbed (which was one lane in that direction).

Old 02-26-2022, 12:50 PM

4,606 posts, read 3,000,886 times
Meo, it would be interesting to hear about 'a day in the life.'
What's your daily routine, what do you cook (and how).
Do you stay at the campsite the whole day, or do little
drives to places of interest, etc.

Old 03-01-2022, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Meo, it would be interesting to hear about 'a day in the life.'
What's your daily routine, what do you cook (and how).
Do you stay at the campsite the whole day, or do little
drives to places of interest, etc.
It's been pretty boring this year for me. That's one of the reasons I plan on volunteering at Pahrump.

If you',lol remember, I had the artery operation which set me back quite a bit. Not only with the pain and swelling, but I was weak. Thus I chose the LTVA.

I wanted to volunteer at the RTR but didn't know if I could at the time due to it taking so long to heal.
I also wanted to join a caravan but there was the same problem.

I think volunteering at the build outs at Pahrump is going to be the contributing factor in going forward. Yes, I'll still head back to MN after but plan on stopping in Oregon and Washington and spend time in national parks on my way there.

I have to be back in MN for a family do and then Dr appointments so not sure when I will leave therel. I hope to just spend the summer and then start traveling back to Arizona. At that time I hope to join up with a caravan.
Y response should be better once I'm in Pahrump and meeting up with the group there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing