Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2022, 02:06 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,083,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Went to the women's rtr yesterday.. It was interesting. There was a lot of walking though and my feet hurt by the end. I'm skipping today but will probably stay here until next Sunday when it ends. It depends on the size of the crowds.

I'm not much of a crowd person.

I did like the session on hygiene. It's interesting to hear how others keep clean. I do the basics and have a ton of wet wipes but since my car is so small, I do tend to pay for showers and stay in places with toilets rather than camp on BLM free land. I'm not quite there yet. Hopefully by my next visit trip.

Seeing some of the rigs, I did get van envy. Some have such neat set ups. I'm still determined to make do and save, save, save until prices come down or I have enough to buy something that is as trustworthy as this Cube is.

I look forward to the rest of the RTR. I'm not sure I'll go every day as it is hard for me to walk a lot but some of the sessions sound very interesting.

To look at the schedule I googled rtr 2022 and scrolled down to sessions. Easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B Kind View Post
This is about RTR...titled RTR as a first-timer

https://go-van.com/first-time-rubber...c=e38de74562d1
Mr B Kind, that was a fun page to scroll through! I didn't know (or remember) what RTR was, but now that I do, it sounds like fun. I would want to be in a very quiet area, though, and that might be difficult?

Meo, have you met some nice people at RTR? How is Marigold handling it (I assume she can't go outside because of all the dogs)? I hope you are having a great time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2022, 02:25 AM

4,537 posts, read 3,759,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I think I'll explore Florida next fall, if there's camping available. I believe I've heard of state or national parks that are free or low cost. I'll explore that over the summer.

I need somewhere warmer before I come to Arizona, possibly come here in February rather than October. Of course, Texas is high on the list too.
We live in FL bought a tent this year. I quickly found out that everyone wants to camp in FL during the winter. We were lucky to get one weekday night in January when I looked in October. I’ve since learned reservations open 11 months ahead. Early December 22 is fully booked at popular state parks already.

Last edited by jean_ji; 01-16-2022 at 03:00 AM..

Old 01-16-2022, 09:06 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,038,174 times
https://www.uponarriving.com/nationa...s-senior-pass/

This will give you info on how to get 50% discounts (sometimes free) to national parks. Most states have similar passes for state parks. Also, several times per year, parks will waive fees altogether for a limited time.

Happy Trails to you!

Old 01-16-2022, 03:43 PM

602 posts, read 314,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Mr B Kind, that was a fun page to scroll through! I didn't know (or remember) what RTR was, but now that I do, it sounds like fun
Hello Karen...I didn't know what RTR was so I had to google it.....and that took me to that article and after reading it I thought it was informative enough to post ....am glad you enjoyed it !

Old 01-16-2022, 05:42 PM

6,590 posts, read 4,982,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B Kind View Post
This is about RTR...titled RTR as a first-timer

https://go-van.com/first-time-rubber...c=e38de74562d1
GREAT article! Thanks for posting

Old 01-16-2022, 06:03 PM

602 posts, read 314,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
GREAT article! Thanks for posting
You're very welcome...

Old 01-16-2022, 07:59 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times
Mr B, thanks for sharing that.

I went to the RTR today and it was good. Bob started out with his philosophy of why being a nomad is a good thing. So many things he said that resonated with me.

I'm going to skip tomorrow as I need to charge my power stations, do laundry and take a shower. The topics tomorrow are ones I've watched videos on. Tuesdays topics are more important to me.

Bob stresses community building but I am such a loner I have a hard time with that. It may stem from so many years of helping others and now want me time. It could be that I still have a hard time with my son's death. I'm not sure but I have a hard time being with other people. I hope to get past that some day

Old 01-18-2022, 08:27 PM

815 posts, read 982,068 times
I think you enjoyed being around people when you met the group for Thanksgiving?

The older I get, the less comfortable I am around people. I enjoy socializing for short periods of time, then I need my solitude to "recharge".

So, you just have to find a balance that works for you

Old 01-21-2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybygolly View Post
I think you enjoyed being around people when you met the group for Thanksgiving?

The older I get, the less comfortable I am around people. I enjoy socializing for short periods of time, then I need my solitude to "recharge".

So, you just have to find a balance that works for you
I did enjoy the small group but I had met them individually beforehand. It's meeting a group of new people I'm not good at.

But next year I will join a caravan and travel with a group. This year it took so long to heal from the operation I didn't think I should.

I'll be moving to Imperial Dam LTVA next week and my neighbor plans to go there also. So a one on one is okay

Old 01-21-2022, 12:23 PM

There were some sessions at the RTR which have been very informative and helpful. I was impressed with the automotive speaker. She brought up things I hadn't really thought of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing