Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2020, 08:31 AM

7,044 posts, read 6,295,966 times

Advertisements

It was cold last night. So glad I brought so many blankets. It's supposed to warm up the rest of the week.

The night sky was filled with stars. Beautiful. I haven't seen that many stars since I was a child and lived inn the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2020, 09:12 AM

2,345 posts, read 614,301 times
I have enjoyed traveling with you to AZ - and as Milliepearl said - if keeping a journal it would make a great book.

Old 10-28-2020, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaChris View Post
I have enjoyed traveling with you to AZ - and as Milliepearl said - if keeping a journal it would make a great book.
I think as soon as I get set up ( I really need a shower tent to get some of the stuff out of my car) I will write about it.

I've been talking to other campers around me a d they have been so helpful.

Because there are four of these LTVA'S and numerous RV parks around here, the town caters to them. The laundromat also has showers and a coffee shop. There's 2 dollar stores, a library that welcomes campers and, of course, numerous fast food places. Everyone I've met is very friendly and welcoming.

Old 11-10-2020, 03:24 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I think as soon as I get set up ( I really need a shower tent to get some of the stuff out of my car) I will write about it.

I've been talking to other campers around me a d they have been so helpful.

Because there are four of these LTVA'S and numerous RV parks around here, the town caters to them. The laundromat also has showers and a coffee shop. There's 2 dollar stores, a library that welcomes campers and, of course, numerous fast food places. Everyone I've met is very friendly and welcoming.
How's it going?

Old 11-14-2020, 09:14 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,439,526 times
Hi, there, meo, just thinking about you & sending positive vibes.

Old 11-19-2020, 12:23 AM

I've decided to pretty much stay at the LTVA I'm currently at as everyone is pretty well spread out and people are distancing themselves. I've met some folks but we're sitting far enough apart when we do talk to each other. Most everyone wears masks when they're out and about. I have noticed some not following the guidelines but I stay far away from them.

I really like it here and won't be doing much traveling until next spring. That's fine with me though. I love the desert and looking up at the stars at night is breathtaking, as are the sunsets.

I find I'm not spending much and am building up reserves. I just don't need much out here. Water would be the big thing and I do buy some bottled water but the LTVA next to this one has free water so I usually get it there.

I suppose I would do more exploring if it weren't for covid but for now I think the wise thing is to stay put until it's necessary to go to town. I am getting a lot of reading done on my kindle. I am so glad I invested in a power station and solar. In this sunshine the solar panel charges things quickly.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:59 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,439,526 times
Stay warm, meo! I grew up in the desert, those cold winter winds can cut right through you.

Old 11-24-2020, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
Stay warm, meo! I grew up in the desert, those cold winter winds can cut right through you.
I've actually only been cold a couple of nights and even then, it's not been bad. I have 'Minnesota ' blankets/ coverings. Two sleeping bags (I've) only used one for covers and my quilt, which I can double.

Positioning the car to face away from the wind and flannel pajamas help too.

Today it is really windy and a lot of folks are staying inside. So thankful I have kindle unlimited! On days like this I just bundle up and read.

Having my cat snuggle up helps too.

Old 11-26-2020, 06:52 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,594,235 times
What kind of power station did you buy?

Old 11-27-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
What kind of power station did you buy?
Jackery 240. It's been amazing so far. I bought a TOGO (this is the brand name) solar panel to go with it because it was cheaper. That works well too.

The jackery has been a lifesaver for me. I use my kindle and load up books to read when it's dark and plug in my fairy lights and read away. I also keep my phone charged with the jackery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing