Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2021, 12:32 PM

2,343 posts, read 614,301 times

Advertisements

I hope she is alright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2021, 03:15 PM

2,105 posts, read 3,011,896 times
I repped her yesterday and told her to check in. Last activity was 18th.

Old 01-28-2021, 05:26 AM

7,043 posts, read 6,295,966 times
I'm fine. Still in Quartzsite at the LTVA. Haven't been posting because there's nothing to say. How many times can you talk about the beautiful sunsets and sunrises?

I'm laying very low because of covid, only going into town as necessary. Most people here are masking up but still too many that don't, especially with the big tent up, which I'm not visiting.

So life is boring. But, I'm saving a lot of money.

I won't be traveling again until April, when the season ends.

It's actually been cold here, as it is everywhere. And since I'm not socializing, not much fun. BUT, better to be safe.

There are a couple of people I do socialize with, but not often and we always maintain our distance. I do a lot of reading and watch utube. Not very exciting.

I'm surprised I don't feel more cramped in my little car. I do look forward to getting a larger vehicle and at the rate I'm saving, it won't take too long but still want to wait until I can buy one outright.

I would have a lot more room without the cats things but she spends a lot of time in and on her treehouse and I'm glad I gave up the room for her. She's a joy to have around.

Last edited by meo92953; 01-28-2021 at 05:53 AM..

Old 01-28-2021, 05:40 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I'm fine. Still in Quartzsite at the LTVA. Haven't been posting because there's nothing to say. How many times can you talk about the beautiful sunsets and sunrises?

I'm laying very low because of covid, only going into town as necessary. Most people here are masking up but still too many that don't, especially with the big tent up, which I'm not visiting.

So life is boring. But, I'm saving a lot of money.

I won't be traveling again until April, when the season ends.

It's actually been cold here, as it is everywhere. And since I'm not socializing, not much fun. BUT, better to be safe.

So good to see your post! How is your kitty?

Old 01-28-2021, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
So good to see your post! How is your kitty?
I edited my post and included her.

She loves jumping out the window and exploring. She never goes far and stays right by the car. I also don't let her out after dusk.

She's fascinated by the lights in the distance at night.

Old 01-28-2021, 07:32 AM

2,343 posts, read 614,301 times
So glad to hear from you Meo - Cats are a joy to have around (except at 2:30 a.m. when they are chasing each other around the house LOL). My 2 cats are 1/2 Siamese - and they are indoor cats. Leo has recently started going onto the back porch, but he always run right back in. They like their cat tree too

Old 01-28-2021, 10:42 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
I knew if we bugged you enough you'd have to respond just to shut us up.

Yes - things can get boring now but glad you have others around. This too shall pass - the sooner the better.

Is there anything you need that I could send you? Too bad books are so heavy and costly to mail - I have quite a few I could send you.

Can you get the covid vac where you are?

Take care and give your guard kitty a scratch.

Pop in now and then and just say Hey so we know you're OK.

Old 01-28-2021, 11:50 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,011,896 times
Thanks for popping in meo!

Old 01-28-2021, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
I knew if we bugged you enough you'd have to respond just to shut us up.

Yes - things can get boring now but glad you have others around. This too shall pass - the sooner the better.

Is there anything you need that I could send you? Too bad books are so heavy and costly to mail - I have quite a few I could send you.

Can you get the covid vac where you are?

Take care and give your guard kitty a scratch.

Pop in now and then and just say Hey so we know you're OK.
Thanks for the thought. There is nothing I need. I subscribe to kindle unlimited so get books that way. It's actually easier to read books on the kindle because it's brightly lit and I can read better in the dark. Plus, it doesn't take up space that I don't have.

Before I started this journey I bought things each month that I would need. Thus, I have everything, such as a Jackery and solar panel. If anything, I have too much, especially clothes.

It took two years of watching videos on what to have and I slowly built up the necessary items for living this way and there are things I haven't even used yet. I made sure I had survival items, such as a battery charger and and other items for car care. So far I haven't found anything I need and I'm only buying food and water and necessary toiletries.

Life is a lot easier here. No fancy clothes or shoes, things for comfort and ease are all that's needed. Every once in a while I treat myself to some fast food, but not often. I'm averaging $500 in savings each month, sometimes more.

It'll be less after April when I'm traveling more but even the I expect to save since my car gets 30 mpg.

As for the vaccine, as soon as it's available I can get it but there's a short supple everywhere. I suspect I'll be back in Minnesota before it's available. We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by meo92953; 01-28-2021 at 09:45 PM..

Old 01-28-2021, 10:52 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
It's great to hear you & kitty are doing well, Meo ...

Be Safe & Healthy. Have Fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing