Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2021, 01:17 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I said Abilene - I meant Amarillo. I'm just outside it now, staying at a Loves overnight. It's early but I started out early.

Traffic was, at times, insane. I drive 70 instead of 75. I don't care if people pass me. They have a lane to do that. I just don't feel comfortable driving faster. Some folks had to be going over 80. I saw quite a few getting pulled over.

I don't think I'll ever understand why a person risks getting a ticket AND losing the time in the process, just to get somewhere faster than another car.
Some people think that getting there first is the point of driving.

Me, I think the purpose of driving is that I (and everyone else) get there in one piece.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2021, 02:49 PM

7,043 posts, read 6,295,966 times
Couldn't rep you again

Old 04-08-2021, 08:26 AM

I love these Love's stations. Except for the one in Albuquerque, they've never said no to overnight parking. I do make a point of spending some money wherever I stay, it's a lot cheaper than a motel room after all. At this one I bought a Happy Camper cap. Wasn't much, $12.99, and the usual coffee.

The staff is so sweet. Southern hospitality at ite best.

Don't know where I'll stop next but hope to find another Love's wherever it is.

Old 04-08-2021, 10:53 AM

602 posts, read 313,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I love these Love's stations. Except for the one in Albuquerque, they've never said no to overnight parking. I do make a point of spending some money wherever I stay, it's a lot cheaper than a motel room after all. At this one I bought a Happy Camper cap. Wasn't much, $12.99, and the usual coffee.

The staff is so sweet. Southern hospitality at ite best.

Don't know where I'll stop next but hope to find another Love's wherever it is.
You may know these locations already but in the event you don't ( I just searched for Texas Love's locations only )

https://www.allstays.com/c/loves-texas-locations.htm

Old 04-08-2021, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B Kind View Post
You may know these locations already but in the event you don't ( I just searched for Texas Love's locations only )

https://www.allstays.com/c/loves-texas-locations.htm
Thanks Mr B. I didn't see this in time. I'm now in Clinton, Oklahoma. I missed two stops - a Travel Plaza and a Love's but saw a Shell sign and since Love's has Shell also, I took a chance.

This place is smaller and the store/take out is Domino. Not like the pizza place Domino's, although they probably have pizza, and is unlike any take out place I've been to. I ordered catfish and potato wedges. Delicious and extremely filling.

They also allow overnight parking so I'm set for tonight.

It's hard to believe the difference in gas. $3.29 when I left Quartzsite, $1.79 here.

Last edited by meo92953; 04-08-2021 at 02:37 PM..

Old 04-09-2021, 04:37 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,011,896 times
I enjoy reading about your adventures Meo. My first stop on CD everyday.
I've never been west of Nashville. Lol. If I didn't have 11 "Marigolds" and a dog
I'd probably do some exploring myself.
Keep us informed, this is your journal!

Old 04-09-2021, 07:46 AM

I was incorrect about the gas price. It's $2.59. Still quite a difference but...

This has been a strange night. Had a hard time sleeping between the lights and semi traffic. It's a small station and when the trucks leave, they drive behind you, which means lights in the car. Marigold 's eyes got huge each time that happened and she clung closer, which of course woke me up.

The take-out is very busy, and judging by the food I had, I can see why. Restrooms wee clean, staff was nice. I wouldn't stay again but that's only because of the semi situation. I'd definitely recommend the food and service.

I was thinking about stopping in Oklahoma City but on the map it looks so huge and I don't like crowds, so we'll see. Looking at the Loves app, it looks like there are plenty scattered throughout that area.

I do have to stop at a dollar store or Walmart for some food for Marigold. She's such a fussy eater but that's the price you pay for such a neat companion. She's worth it.

Old 04-09-2021, 09:25 AM

I stopped a bit up the road because my card wouldn't work at the pump at Domino. In fact, it tried to eat my card. Scared me half to death! So I sto to see if it would work at a Loves. And it did. Whew.

So glad I stopped. Got decent coffee and a waffle chicken sandwich. I'd heard of them but never tried one. Conservative Minnesota wouldn't think of such a crazy combo. 640 calories and totally delicious. Worth every calorie. I may have to permanently stay in the south just for the food.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:10 PM

I may have a problem with my car. The ac isn't working and it's heating up but the gauge doesn't indicate it's overheating. It does get hot in the car though. Then when I stopped the car the

Old 04-09-2021, 02:43 PM

That's twice I wasn't able to finish my post. Don't know why.

Anyway, Firestone in Midwest City will look at it tomorrow morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing