Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2021, 09:29 AM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times

Advertisements

I survived the night. So pleasant to hear birds again!

There are other campers around so I did pick a good spot. I forgot it's Easter though so will stay here today and move on tomorrow.

The length of time I spent in Quartzsite at the LTVA spoiled me a bit. Even though it was primitive, I was close to town, showers and laundry. Plus the bathroom, such as it was. Finding all that close to a campsite, although I did my laundry before I left, will be the challenge.

I did notice a Pilot station on my way back to Williams so will stop there for a shower when I leave here. Every other one I've been at has pay showers. They also let you spend the night, at least all the ones I've stopped at.

Marigold is enjoying the forest. I 'closed shop' fairly early yesterday because I don't know what animals are here, but I didn't hear any coyotes last night and haven't seen any other animals around. This morning she's happy to jump in and out of the car. I'm sure she'll enjoy the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2021, 09:50 AM

Mayvene, there are a lot of blm places in that area, some a lot closer to Parker which is the closest you can get to a Walmart. I stayed at the LTVA because I had no idea of how to do this except for watching Utube videos.

I was such a scaredy cat when I started out. Still have so much to learn. I was glad to hear about your daughter. This lifestyle is not for everyone but it's surprisingly beautiful for those with a gypsy heart.

I'm hoping by next fall the caravans are going again. I would love to travel with other women in a group.

Old 04-04-2021, 04:52 PM

Busy road here. But this spot is so refreshing. I should probably have gone further down but am enjoying my solitude.

The wind is rustling the trees and I even had to put a light hoodie on. It feels good after the heat.I

I am looking forward to traveling though. I don't plan on being back in Minnesota until closer to May. This will give me plenty of time to explore Texas and Tennessee.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:02 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,083,414 times
Meo, how quiet are the places you stay? I don't mean things like traffic noises (oddly, they have never bothered me) -- I mean people noises like boom boxes or TVs or getting drunk and yelling. Are people mostly considerate of others or do you get a lot of jerks at sites?

Old 04-05-2021, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Meo, how quiet are the places you stay? I don't mean things like traffic noises (oddly, they have never bothered me) -- I mean people noises like boom boxes or TVs or getting drunk and yelling. Are people mostly considerate of others or do you get a lot of jerks at sites?
I chose north ltva at Quartzsite because it's smaller. There are quiet hour rules, quiet from 10pm to 6am. The partiers were more in the south. Regardless, people distanced themselves. If there were people who wouldn't follow the rules, they would be kicked out

As for the blm site in Williams, there was no one close. But I believe most people are considerate. If not, you move.

Old 04-06-2021, 05:58 AM

I'm at the Navajo Travel Center, not far from Arizona state line. What a unique place. There's a Shell gas station with a Subway inside and a unique store filled with Native items to buy. There's also a dog park and a lot of places to park. Very traveler friendly.

Waiting for the store to open and sunrise before I head to Albuquerque.

Old 04-06-2021, 03:18 PM

Albuquerque was a bust,so I kept traveling. Saw a huge sign for another travel center and decided to see if they also allowed overnight parking. Yes they do. Another one with a gas station, gift shop and Subway.

Since I am stocked up on food and I'd gotten gas in Albuquerque, I bought a couple of tee shirts 2for20, a lot cheaper than a motel room. I wish I'd bought tee shirts from the first one, but don't feel bad because I filled up with gas, bought coffee and a Subway sandwich.

I wonder how many of these there will be along my route? It makes sense though. So far they've both been in the .middle of nowhere but really helps the economy. A win-win for everyone.

Another plus is that I was able to charge my jackery while driving so able to enjoy reading and utube while I'm relaxing.

Last edited by meo92953; 04-06-2021 at 03:34 PM..

Old 04-06-2021, 06:15 PM

Wow - sure glad I was able to stop. The wind is crazy. It's so bad it's shaking this little caar.

It wasn't so bad earlier so I plan on leaving at first light to get ahead of it, just in case. Plwanning on Abilene tomorrow. Yay - Texas. Can't wait!

Old 04-07-2021, 07:25 AM

Weii, it's 6:15. Decided I better wait until the sun is higher. Can't drive with that glare in my eyes.

It was tough getting to sleep because of traffic noise and this place being extremely well lit, which is a good thing. But once I fell asleep, I slept very well.

Currently Marigold is all snuggled up in blankets. She looks so sweet and contented.

I enjoy just being able to wake up and going inside the store to grab some ready made coffee. I tended to skip coffee at the LTVA as I had to make it outside and it was cold in the morning. Another reason I want a bigger vehicle.

Last edited by meo92953; 04-07-2021 at 07:39 AM..

Old 04-07-2021, 12:53 PM

I said Abilene - I meant Amarillo. I'm just outside it now, staying at a Loves overnight. It's early but I started out early.

Traffic was, at times, insane. I drive 70 instead of 75. I don't care if people pass me. They have a lane to do that. I just don't feel comfortable driving faster. Some folks had to be going over 80. I saw quite a few getting pulled over.

I don't think I'll ever understand why a person risks getting a ticket AND losing the time in the process, just to get somewhere faster than another car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing