Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2021, 07:15 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,505,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
It's the one she came with. I felt she'd been through enough so didn't change it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2021, 03:16 PM

7,039 posts, read 6,289,652 times
It's finally getting hot here at Quartzsite so planning on leaving tomorrow after doing laundry and returning to Kingman to catch 40 to Tennessee. Another $500 savings this month so that is nice

I expect this will drop as I travel. That's okay. I'm really looking forward to seeing Tennessee.

Old 03-28-2021, 03:22 PM

4,149 posts, read 3,902,997 times
Quote:
It's finally getting hot here at Quartzsite so planning on leaving tomorrow after doing laundry and returning to Kingman to catch 40 to Tennessee. Another $500 savings this month so that is nice

I expect this will drop as I travel. That's okay. I'm really looking forward to seeing Tennessee.
You will love Tennessee and a great time of the year to see it.

Old 03-28-2021, 07:43 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,698 posts, read 58,012,579 times
Tennessee...
Natchez Trace has some nice NPS campsites $8 on senior rate.
https://www.nps.gov/natr/index.htm

We stayed in several restored cabins of our hosts built pre- Civil War.

No need to rush to TN since today brought some of the worst flooding in history to Nashville area.
Enjoy the journey, take your time. Bluebonnets will be out in Texas in a few weeks. Some trees are blooming now.

Spend some time in eastern AZ and western NM.

Old 03-31-2021, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
You will love Tennessee and a great time of the year to see it.
Tennessee was actually at the top.of my list when I decided to move from Minnesota. Unfortunately, I allowed myself to be convinced it would not work because of my allergies. This was before I decided to travel.

Well, I've since realized I will have allergies no matter where I go. They're especially bad here in the desert because of the dust. I'm just glad I didn't let that stop.me from exploring Arizona.

I look forward to finally exploring Tennessee, runny nose and all.

Old 03-31-2021, 08:27 AM

[quote=StealthRabbit;60702732]Tennessee...
Natchez Trace has some nice NPS campsites $8 on senior rate.
https://www.nps.gov/natr/index.htm

We stayed in several restored cabins of our hosts built pre- Civil War.

No need to rush to TN since today brought some of the worst flooding in history to Nashville area.
Enjoy the journey, take your time. Bluebonnets will be out in Texas in a few weeks. Some trees are blooming now.

Spend some time in eastern AZ and western NM.[/QUO

I look forward to visiting Texas. I didn't see enough of it when I went through in my haste to get to Quartzsite. Also because of the restrictions we were all under. New Mexico I haven't concentrated on so much. I'm not sure what's open there. I do know their state parks are supposed to be beautiful. I'll have to check on what's open.

Any suggestions?

Old 03-31-2021, 09:43 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,062,046 times
Meo, how is Marigold? I love your kitty updates (well, and YOUR updates too, of course! ).

Old 03-31-2021, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Meo, how is Marigold? I love your kitty updates (well, and YOUR updates too, of course! ).
She's being her usual, bratty self today. She wanted both front windows open and it was still too cold. So she meows at me.

She loves going outside when it's not windy and stays close to the car. A ranger asked how I'd trained her and, honestly, I don't know why she does that. The only thing I can figure out is she's scared I might leave her and makes sure she sticks close.

The other night she did get out after dusk (I'm usually very careful about that because of coyotes) and she caught a tiny mouse. She brought it into the car to play with but I took it away and threw it outside . She didn't like that.

It's good to know she's a mouser and I kinda figured that's why I don't have mice problems, but I didn't appreciate her bringing it into the car.

Old 03-31-2021, 11:34 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,062,046 times
Quote:
She's being her usual, bratty self today. She wanted both front windows open and it was still too cold. So she meows at me.

She loves going outside when it's not windy and stays close to the car. A ranger asked how I'd trained her and, honestly, I don't know why she does that. The only thing I can figure out is she's scared I might leave her and makes sure she sticks close.

The other night she did get out after dusk (I'm usually very careful about that because of coyotes) ...
Do you know how she got out? You've mentioned many times that she stays close, so her getting out after dark would scare the crap out of me. I think if I were at a place for a while (e.g. a few weeks) I would unpack a crate and let my kitties be in THAT but still enclosed. I would just be so terrified of losing them.

Quote:
... and she caught a tiny mouse. She brought it into the car to play with but I took it away and threw it outside . She didn't like that.

It's good to know she's a mouser and I kinda figured that's why I don't have mice problems, but I didn't appreciate her bringing it into the car.

Given how totally, insanely, irrationally afraid I am of mice, I would have been horrified too!

Thanks for all the updates -- it's always good to read them!

Old 03-31-2021, 02:16 PM

She got out through my carelessness. I have the windows down during the day but only cracked a bit at night. I hadn't closed one enough and she squeezed through.

Mice used to bother me but you do what you have to.

I actually have a cat tent for Marigold but she's proven she won't wander so I haven't used it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing