Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2022, 11:59 AM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times

Advertisements

In Butte, MT. The drive was tricky, Cube would only go 50 in some spots, but we made it. I'll see how far I get tod.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2022, 04:34 PM

Made it to Missoula Montana, only 345 miles today. It was raining and then sprinkling and there were two spots where road construction was miles long and you could only go 45mph.

Love's also had healthier food. Fruits and salads and healthy sandwiches, as opposed to some places I've stayed
I try to buy at least something in exchange for their hospitality. I always buy gas, which, yikes is 4.89 here. But it's that price everywhere here in this area.

Sure glad I have my Cube!

Then I spotted a Loves. I have only seen 3 in this entire state so I took a chance they were one that let travelers spend the night
They are, so I stopped. There's also dark clouds so it's likely it'll rain more. It wasn't pleasant driving in that

Old 09-29-2022, 04:53 PM

11,081 posts, read 6,898,296 times
You're making good progress! Shocking that gas is so much higher there. Here it's just above $3/gal. I'm curious about the Love's in Montana. When I traveled on I-40 none of them seemed to mind if you pull in and sleep for a few hours, usually anywhere from 4-8 hours, depending on whether I can stay asleep. I'll bet the food through Montana is a bit healthier than all across I-40, lots of fried and BBQ food, tasty but over several days...

Old 09-29-2022, 05:44 PM

I misread the sign
It's 4.09, not ,4.89
Sorry for the misinformation

Old 09-29-2022, 11:34 PM

I try to remember the things I find interesting. One was all the cows and horses grazing. Amazing. I saw some big or long horned cows
I thought they were only in Texas.
This is one of the reasons I love to travel. Finding things I didn't know about. Exploring new sights. Learning more about our country.l love doing that.

Old 09-30-2022, 09:09 PM

Made it to my friend's in Washington. They'd almost given up on me. Google took me on this weird route and I didn't get here until 8ish.

Old 10-01-2022, 03:41 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Made it to my friend's in Washington. They'd almost given up on me. Google took me on this weird route and I didn't get here until 8ish.
I'm sure happy you got there Safe, Meo. Have a Wonderful Time.

Old 10-01-2022, 03:55 PM

Thank you. Outside of the shocking gas prices, it's good to see these kids again. I'll start traveling down the Pacific Coast Hwy tomorrow. They are going across and down to Nevada. Then we'll meet up again at the vehicle build.

Then on to Quartzsite for the winter. I'm not certain whether I'll join the women's caravan or boondock or stay at a LTVA. It depends on the women I meet at the vehicle build.

I'm leaning towards the LTVA'S but, if there are interesting women at the build who are joining a caravan, I might do that.

At the same time, I want to get better acquainted with the Meet at Q group. No matter what I decide, the kids and I will still see a lot of each other I'm sure.

The thing about staying at a LTVA is that I can set up my three tents and leave them set up for the entire time. Otherwise I have to take them down every 14 days and set them up at the new site. I'm getting a little old for that. But we'll see what happens.

Old 10-02-2022, 08:37 PM

They're small tents though. The shower tent is easy to put up and take down, so is Marigolds tent. I'm assuming the new one is easy too as it's a backpacking tent. But I didn't take it out of the bag to find out.

I made it to Oregon. I wanted to stop in Astoria but I forgot it's Sunday and a lot of places were closed. Also, there was something happening downtown, I'm not sure if it was some sort of street fair or what. I saw a lot of booths but way too many people. I don't like crowds anymore. Loved them when I was younger but not now.

So I moved on to Tillamook. I'm staying at a cheese place. I'm supposed to be self contained but they are closed for the night and I will be gone early.

It sure is pricey in the store. I was going to buy a small thing of honey and it was $12.95 for just a little one, so I didn't get it. I normally try to buy something but that was just too much.

The cheapest gas I saw was $5.19.

The ocean was mostly fog so I may not go as far as I wanted to and go over to Nevada. I don't know what gas prices are there but if it's just going to be fog on the ocean, that's not what I came to see.
I'll see what it's like tomorrow.

At least I know that Nevada has a lot of BLM land and it doesn't matter if you're self contained.

I'm just taking it a day at a time. I'm not due in Pahrump until the middle of the month and will take my time getting there..

Old 10-02-2022, 08:50 PM

I just googled Nevada gas prices and it looks like they are $5.49. But at least I can stay in one place for awhile instead of traveling every day so it will still be cheaper to go there if I stay on BLM land.

I can get close to Pahrump, stay a week or so and then get there on the 16th. BLM land has a 14 day limit and I'm signed up for the 17th until the end of the month so that will work. Then on to Quartzsite.

I probably will pick staying at the LTVA just so I don't have to move every two weeks. I just don't know if I'll be willing to move every 14 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing