Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2022, 05:03 PM

7,038 posts, read 6,289,652 times

Advertisements

I'm working weeks 3&4. Who knows, maybe I will be in a later video. If I am I'll point it out. But I probably won't be.

The Roadtrek is coming along wonderfully. First it was totally gone through mechanically, now it's being painted, curtains made as well as the bed and necessities. I haven't seen the inside, just the outside. I assume we'll see it when the recipient does.

She's due in tomorrow and everyone is working at top speed to get it finished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2022, 10:00 PM

Bob did a live feed at the building site today. You might find it interesting. HOWA.. utube.

Old 10-23-2022, 07:12 PM

Week three ended and the results were posted on HOWA'S website. I must admit I was exhausted at the end of it.

Next year I think I will only do one week, not two. Already I long to be in Quartzsite.

We had a wicked wind storm here yesterday and it's still windy today. Hopefully it'll be better tomorrow.
I must say though, the majority of people I've met here in Pahrump have really impressed me with their friendliness. I love this town.

But I do look forward to going to Quartzsite next weekend.

Old 10-24-2022, 12:04 AM

17,634 posts, read 22,630,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Week three ended and the results were posted on HOWA'S website. I must admit I was exhausted at the end of it.

Next year I think I will only do one week, not two. Already I long to be in Quartzsite.

We had a wicked wind storm here yesterday and it's still windy today. Hopefully it'll be better tomorrow.
I must say though, the majority of people I've met here in Pahrump have really impressed me with their friendliness. I love this town.

But I do look forward to going to Quartzsite next weekend.
The week 3 video i watched, is wonderful. Y'all did a whole lot of important work there.
Thank You ALL.
Don't overwork yourself, Meo.

Old 10-24-2022, 03:15 PM

Thanks, Hawk.

Yes, these are things people couldn't do themselves and don't have the funds to have it done. They may eventually have them, but not for a long time.

I am in there, but don't blink. I'm in the goofy white hat by the coffee station. I almost missed seeing it, but it's a one of a kind hat I found at a thrift shop. Unfortunately the hat pretty much covers my face, which is it's purpose. Kept the sun off me

It is somewhat tiring but my doctor's would be happy to see me walking souch. I think it's strengthening my leg.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:01 PM

18 posts, read 12,753 times
Hi Meo
I am in Quartzsite right now. Hope to meet you sometime.

You may have heard already but permits are not available yet. There is a note posted at the entrance station to come back and pay once the flag is flying over the station. So, if there is no flag when you arrive you can sail on by...

I need to watch the HOWA video. I went to the open house in the spring and was so impressed! I was so great to see how happy the recipients were with the results.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:13 PM

I'm having problems with the nonresponse from folks. It seems since I started this last journey, few are responding.

Update is that there will be documentary video photaghers on site the rest of the week to document what's happening at the BYOV.

I assume they won't be paying too much attention to the coffee station, lol.
It's been a wonderful experience but I am anxious to get to Quartzsite. It was COLD here today and want to be in the warmth of Quartzsite.

A beautiful sky here tonight, as usual. Not as cold as last night but still cold.

I will never regret doing this and will do it again. It's been a great experience. So many loving and giving people. I'm glad I met and have worked with all of them.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz60 View Post
Hi Meo
I am in Quartzsite right now. Hope to meet you sometime.

You may have heard already but permits are not available yet. There is a note posted at the entrance station to come back and pay once the flag is flying over the station. So, if there is no flag when you arrive you can sail on by...

I need to watch the HOWA video. I went to the open house in the spring and was so impressed! I was so great to see how happy the recipients were with the results.
Taz, I would love to meet you. I'll be the one in the silver Cube and plan to camp close as I can to the Meet in Q folks in La Posa South.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:43 PM

18 posts, read 12,753 times
I will look for you. I am also at LTVA South.

I'm not on facebook so can't join the 'Meet in Q group. I ditched facebook years ago but sometimes think maybe I should rejoin.

It was in the low 40s last night and a couple of nights ago it was really windy- about 22mph. Not as bad as Las Vegas with 50 mph wind gusts, but still...

Old 10-26-2022, 09:08 AM

It's been cold here and we also had that crazy wind. Tents were put down and it was a wild night.

I'm glad I did this but looking forward to Quartzsite. I'm probably going to leave Sunday so I can get everything put away and get what I need from Walmart before I leave.

The Meet in Q camp is closer to the front of La Posa South. I'm going to see if there is space by the camp but I'm going to keep options open. As a car camper I'll have to be close to a bathroom but also need room for 3 tents. The shower tent, my 'supply' tent and Marigolds tent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing