Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2022, 09:11 PM

3,965 posts, read 2,575,485 times

Advertisements

That's scary meo. Being in a new place, she has lots of places to explore. Glad she is back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2022, 06:39 PM

7,048 posts, read 6,302,333 times
[quote=Wild Flower;64452467]That's scary meo. Being in a new place, she has lots of places to explore. Glad she is back![/QUOTE

Sorry for the delay in responding. The internet was down for quite a while today. Thank God for books!

I was concerned about Marigold but know that she always stays close and I hadn't heard any evidence of coyotes or other animals. I just couldn't figure out where she'd gone. I almost did what some friends suggested and started the car but thought that would be mean, although I kept it in mind.

It's a pretty open area where I am parked so not many places she can hide. I'm actually glad she found somewhere she felt safe and now know where to look for her.

Old 11-15-2022, 06:58 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
[quote=meo92953;64457660]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
That's scary meo. Being in a new place, she has lots of places to explore. Glad she is back![/QUOTE

Sorry for the delay in responding. The internet was down for quite a while today. Thank God for books!

I was concerned about Marigold but know that she always stays close and I hadn't heard any evidence of coyotes or other animals. I just couldn't figure out where she'd gone. I almost did what some friends suggested and started the car but thought that would be mean, although I kept it in mind.

It's a pretty open area where I am parked so not many places she can hide. I'm actually glad she found somewhere she felt safe and now know where to look for her.
Meo, do you carry a long gun or hand gun with you, in case you see a predator getting ready to attack?
So, you can at least scare it off.

Old 11-16-2022, 06:18 AM

No, Hawk. I have weapons but no guns. I used to target practice when I was young but was never very good at it. Now I haven't touched a gun in years.

There are so many states where it is illegal to carry them, I don't want to chance it. I know people do, and I have thought about it but I do have other resources.

Old 11-16-2022, 02:23 PM

496 posts, read 328,069 times
If you have another situation where you can't find Marigold, look in the wheel wells and under the hood before starting the car. Cats are known to hide in those places, especially if the engine is still warm.

I think a gun is overkill and the sound of a gunshot would probably cause Marigold to bolt. You could put a collar with a bell on it if you want to keep closer tabs on her.

Old 11-16-2022, 02:38 PM

Marigolds been with me for 3+ years now. The idea of starting the car is because she is terrified I'll leave her somewhere, I suppose because she was left at the shelter in the middle of the night.
When I was camping with friends I stopped but then decided there was a better place right across the road from them. I didn't realize she'd jumped out the window while I was talking to them and you never saw a cat run and jump back into the car so fast.

That's why my friend said to just start the car and she'd come running.

Old 11-16-2022, 06:48 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Haveguncard.png

Paladin is my Name,,,

Old 11-17-2022, 04:53 PM

The link failed but I will look up Paladin. I used to watch that show all the time. Paladin, Paladin, where do you roam...

Now, of course I have the opening song in my head. Oh well.

Had a refreshing meal of black beans and rice. I couldn't find the can of green beans I know I bought but it was a good meal none the less. So glad I bought that food beforehand!.

Tomorrow I am going to investigate Ken's Grocery. You have to be careful about the expiration date but he sells things super cheap I hear.

Old 11-17-2022, 05:15 PM

One thing I haven't been doing which I used to be so good about is eating oatmeal in the morning. I don't know why. I could easily heat the water when I'm heating the water for coffee but I bjust haven't been doing it.

Another thing is having my hot water with lemon. Today while I was going through things I came across my lemon juice and honey and realized I hadn't been consistent in doing that. I hope I restart tomorrow.

I don't push myself to do anything. I'm just relearning how to do things after the surgeries I've had and it has been cold in the morning here. So I procrastinated.

Today I saw the news on how cold it is in Minnesota and I shuddered. If I hadn't decided to do this, I could still be there. And that would not be pleasant.

Sure, homes are heated and we'll insulated but you're stuck inside because it's so cold. Here I put on wool socks over my other socks, stick some toe warmers in-between the two, have a sweatshirt and fleece coat on and wait for the sun to come out and play.

I don't call Minnesota folks during this time because I feel gui because I know they're cold. It's a Midwest thing.

Old 11-17-2022, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
The link failed but I will look up Paladin. I used to watch that show all the time. Paladin, Paladin, where do you roam...

Now, of course I have the opening song in my head. Oh well.

Had a refreshing meal of black beans and rice. I couldn't find the can of green beans I know I bought but it was a good meal none the less. So glad I bought that food beforehand!.

Tomorrow I am going to investigate Ken's Grocery. You have to be careful about the expiration date but he sells things super cheap I hear.
Paladin always had his business card which said "Have Gun Will Travel". I always loved his show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Have_G...93_Will_Travel

In the winter i drink a lot of tea & hot cocoa...yum good, warms you up. I have a lot of soup, too. I like rice with a little Country Crock on it, or gravy.
Stay Warm...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing