Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2023, 09:35 AM

7,034 posts, read 6,287,208 times

Advertisements

Marigolds big enough!
Actually, a woman came by who was so sad that she'd left her cat with family because she didn't think it would work to take her traveling.

When she saw Marigold and I showed her how I made it work, she almost cried and said, If you can do it in a Cube, I can do it in my vehicle. So she's going back to get her cat. Yay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2023, 03:20 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Marigolds big enough!
Actually, a woman came by who was so sad that she'd left her cat with family because she didn't think it would work to take her traveling.

When she saw Marigold and I showed her how I made it work, she almost cried and said, If you can do it in a Cube, I can do it in my vehicle. So she's going back to get her cat. Yay!
Awww, that's a very nice story with likely a very happy ending.

I hope 2023 is treating you and Marigold well!

Old 01-14-2023, 11:04 AM

People don't realize sometimes that if you want something bad enough you can make it happen.
Yes, I give up room for Marigolds needs, but it's worth it. Her cat box is large because I chose the Britta system. This separates the wet from the dry which takes care of the smell. It only smells if I'm negligent, which doesn't happen often.

Her cat tree is her safe place and the storage underneath is where I keep her supplies.

I have a net hammock which I fasten to the bars at the top of the doors. Marigold likes to sleep in that at times. It's also where I store my hats, which you need in the Arizona sun.

These are things she hadn't realized she could do.

Old 01-18-2023, 11:02 AM

Pardon me, it's the Breeze system, not the Britta.

Old 01-18-2023, 11:10 AM

At the laundromat today. I've been putting it off and today I'm thankful for that as it rained very hard the other night and I keep my laundry bag in the shower tent. I didn't realize the rain would get in through the bottom and a lot of my clothes got soaked.

I will now make sure the bag is put higher.

Old 01-18-2023, 11:14 AM

At the laundromat today. I've been putting it off and today I'm thankful for that as it rained very hard the other night and I keep my laundry bag in the shower tent. I didn't realize the rain would get in through the bottom and a lot of my clothes got soaked.

I will now make sure the bag is put higher.

Old 01-27-2023, 02:44 PM

451 posts, read 421,454 times
Hey Meo hows the update in AZ. Did that RTL or whatever startup? Keep hugging marigold.

Old 01-28-2023, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodolfocostarica View Post
Hey Meo hows the update in AZ. Did that RTL or whatever startup? Keep hugging marigold.
RTR, Rubber Tramp Rondevue. I actually only went to the WRTR, which was for women. The regular one was just too crowded and, although it's for everyone, it's more for beginners.

The woman's one was very interesting and I met some nice folks. There were some good seminars on weather apps, vehicle maintenance and hygiene, to name a few.

Up untill yesterday the weather has been lousy, cold and windy. Very unusual for Arizona for this time of year. It's better now, at least it's sunny again.

Old 02-03-2023, 08:44 PM

I've been depressed recently. I told another woman about my son's bipolar diagnosis and I was really shocked at her reaction.

I guess I thought people would know that there is medication that helped control the symptoms. Apparently, not everyone is in the know about this.

Anyway, I may not be posting for awhile. I just feel sad.

Old 02-04-2023, 06:02 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I've been depressed recently. I told another woman about my son's bipolar diagnosis and I was really shocked at her reaction.

I guess I thought people would know that there is medication that helped control the symptoms. Apparently, not everyone is in the know about this.

Anyway, I may not be posting for awhile. I just feel sad.
Unfortunately there is still a major stigma in the U.S. towad any kind of mental illness. I had a very close friend decades ago when I was at Berkeley who had bipolar (I only saw her during the depression cycles). She was much more on the depressive side of the spectrum (I never saw her in a manic episode, although apparently she had a couple of those), but when she was on her meds, she was absolutely fine. She got involved with a fellow grad student at Berkeley and was afraid to tell him about her disease and her meds. When she finally did, he said, "If you had a physical illness that was controlled by meds, you would just take them. Same thing here." He stayed, they got married, they had 3 kids. Unfortunately she died of childbirth-related complications about a week after the birth of their 3rd child (horrible, sad story). She was really an amazing human being -- sweet and kind and really really smart. What her husband would have missed if he'd been scared off!

Maybe his reaction was different from most people's because he was smart enough to know quite a bit about biology, illnesses, etc. But I am so sorry for the reaction you got, especially about your beloved son.

Meo, whenever I get sad, I cuddle with my kitties and I always feel better. (Hansel was sooooooooo good for that.) So snuggle with Marigold and let her show her love for you. Hopefully that will help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing