Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2023, 09:36 PM

6,590 posts, read 4,982,629 times

Advertisements

My heart just stopped reading that! Can they leave a door in the Cube open? With food nearby? You will find her!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2023, 10:36 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Meo, i'm Praying Marigold comes back Home, Safely, VERY SOON.

(((HUGS))).

Old 04-26-2023, 11:10 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,666,603 times
I'm very sorry to hear about Marigold. I know that she has been your companion through a lot of traveling.

Hopefully as she gets hungry she will come around the Cube looking for you and some food.

Old 04-27-2023, 12:05 AM

3,966 posts, read 2,575,485 times
Got ya. (((M&M)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
So many things need to be washed and sterilized so that wouldn't work I don't think.

Everything has to be taken out and air dried. I can do this at my brother's but not here.

I can't drive at night due to night blindness. Besides, she's in the woods behind businesses. a good thought but not workable.
I will go by the business tomorrow and the next day if I don't find her and hope she responds to me.
I haven't heard from Paul as to the live trap so do not know what is happening with that.

Old 04-27-2023, 05:51 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,013,928 times
Oh no!

Old 04-27-2023, 08:40 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,083,414 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (reply to post which has been deleted).

Quote:
Now I need some prayers. While transferring things from the Cube to the Caravan, Marigold got out of the car and ran from me.

She ended up in the woods behind a barbed wire fence and would not come to me and I couldn't get to her.

The hope is that however she got there, she'll go back to the Cube and they will try to catch her. If they see her, they'll call me. I'm only 10 miles away from the tow shop and I just hope she'll go to the Cube.
But how far is the woods from the Cube? How would she know how to get BACK to the Cube?

And you are 10 miles away from where she is? I don't understand that. You are there and I am here so I know you know what's best and I must be misunderstanding something ... I would have stayed with her until she came to me, even if that took all night. (But I know that's very easy for me to say from thousands of miles away ... I'm just very puzzled and very very very worried for BOTH of you ...)

Quote:
She does not like the new car yet . Everything is too unfamiliar. And things smell from that ditch water.
Things are going to be uncomfortable until I get home and get everything cleaned out and cleaned up.

I'll be at the State Park for 2 days and that will give things time to dry out but at the moment, I have had better days.

Marigold is chipped so there's hope
The fact that she's chipped is a VERY good thing. I am hoping beyond hope that someone can catch her and return her safely to you. Please, please, please come back and tell us that's what happened ...

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-30-2023 at 10:45 AM..

Old 04-27-2023, 09:05 AM

11,081 posts, read 6,898,296 times
I've had a lot of experience like this with cats in the past, a few times. Most of them stay away for a couple days, up to a week. My hope is that Marigold will get desperate and seek help.

One time we had a cat that stayed up in a tree for over a week. We finally called the Fire Dept. Fortunately it was during the time when firefighters would still rescue cats from trees. In this case it was a huge tall palm tree and she was way at the top. I think I've seen recently that in some places they won't do that anymore.

Go back to your human, Marigold!

Old 04-27-2023, 09:09 AM

6,590 posts, read 4,982,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
[Snip.]

But how far is the woods from the Cube? How would she know how to get BACK to the Cube?

And you are 10 miles away from where she is? I don't understand that. You are there and I am here so I know you know what's best and I must be misunderstanding something ... I would have stayed with her until she came to me, even if that took all night. (But I know that's very easy for me to say from thousands of miles away ... I'm just very puzzled and very very very worried for BOTH of you ...)

The fact that she's chipped is a VERY good thing. I am hoping beyond hope that someone can catch her and return her safely to you. Please, please, please come back and tell us that's what happened ...
It sounded to me like Meo was at the Cube location, transferring her stuff over the the new vehicle. And that's when Marigold escaped.

Hoping for good news today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I've had a lot of experience like this with cats in the past, a few times. Most of them stay away for a couple days, up to a week. My hope is that Marigold will get desperate and seek help.

One time we had a cat that stayed up in a tree for over a week. We finally called the Fire Dept. Fortunately it was during the time when firefighters would still rescue cats from trees. In this case it was a huge tall palm tree and she was way at the top. I think I've seen recently that in some places they won't do that anymore.

Go back to your human, Marigold!
A year or so ago, someone was out with her cat and the cat escaped. Similar situation where she'd done that a million times but this one time the cat spooked and bolted. They found her a couple of days later also in the top of a tree. A local tree guy brought his equipment in and rescued her.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-30-2023 at 10:48 AM..

Old 04-27-2023, 01:45 PM

810 posts, read 872,528 times
This is what I would do. Put up a "Lost Cat" flyer in any nearby locations you feel makes sense. Describe what she looks like, say she is chipped, and have a way to contact you, maybe email would be safest. If you're in a big town, look on Craigslist.org at the "Lost & Found" section. People post about losing and finding pets.

I would spend as much time as possible at the site and call out for her. When my indoor cat went missing once, he didn't venture far. I kept calling out and finally heard a distant meow, he was hiding in the bushes.

All good thoughts, meo. We are pulling for you and Marigold.

Old 04-27-2023, 03:55 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times
I went to the tow shop and we put her food and water bowl along with a can of food near the Cube. They're going to leave the car door open in the hope she comes back to it.

The shop is in a group of warehouse buildings. The gate is locked but the back has openings small enough, a forest of trees is beyond that, in the back.

I couldn't have stayed there all night because they lock the gate at night so I wouldn't have been able to get to her anyway.
They are helping as much as they can but they are not going to leave the property unlocked when they're not there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing