Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2023, 08:33 AM

2,277 posts, read 1,673,336 times

Advertisements

Meo, so glad you are enjoying your minivan! I think you will really enjoy looking over different websites this summer and adjusting suggestions to your needs.

I have heard you need to reserve some campsites in FL up to a year in advance so you could look into that. Check the St. Augustine and Fort Clinch State Park area for camping. Really lovely and gets great reviews plus not as far south in FL. Maybe you would find more opportunities there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2023, 08:51 AM

6,590 posts, read 4,982,629 times
I always miss things on my trips. Can't tell you how many times I've gotten home and read a random thing and thought I was just there and never knew that!

Old 05-01-2023, 12:52 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,345,217 times
I had a Caravan for years when my kids were young, and it is an amazing drive. I'll bet you really enjoy it coming from a cube to that!!! Lots and lots of space

Old 05-01-2023, 01:29 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times
I do enjoy it but there's so much to learn about it. It certainly is comfortable.
I'll miss my mileage from the Cube but the space! Amazing.
Today I saw there's a USB port . I'll be able to plug my phone in. Wish I had known that when I was doing all the driving.

They're letting me stay one more night here so I can get the Rockpal charged. So far it's only at 70 percent and I need the GPS to get home. The way Google is taking me is great but I have to go through Oklahoma and last time I did that, I got lost a lot.

I didn't think to use GPS at that time though. Let's just say I have learned a lot in these past three years.

Can't wait to get back and get everything out of this minivan so I can assess what to keep and what has to go. Everything stinks so bad from that water. And I still haven't found my Jackery. I do know I put it in here, a long with its solar panel, which I have found.

Old 05-01-2023, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
I always miss things on my trips. Can't tell you how many times I've gotten home and read a random thing and thought I was just there and never knew that!
Yes, and last time I went via the Missouri side to see where Mark Twain lived. This next time I will go through the Illinois side.

I did so want to go through Mississippi and Arkansas and I 'll do that the next time. Also, didn't have a crawfish dinner. I've never tasted them but they sound delicious. Looking forward to that.

It's going to be a whole new experience camping in the Caravan.

Old 05-01-2023, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I do enjoy it but there's so much to learn about it. It certainly is comfortable.
I'll miss my mileage from the Cube but the space! Amazing.
Today I saw there's a USB port . I'll be able to plug my phone in. Wish I had known that when I was doing all the driving.

They're letting me stay one more night here so I can get the Rockpal charged. So far it's only at 70 percent and I need the GPS to get home. The way Google is taking me is great but I have to go through Oklahoma and last time I did that, I got lost a lot.

I didn't think to use GPS at that time though. Let's just say I have learned a lot in these past three years.

Can't wait to get back and get everything out of this minivan so I can assess what to keep and what has to go. Everything stinks so bad from that water. And I still haven't found my Jackery. I do know I put it in here, a long with its solar panel, which I have found.
Was there only one usb plug? i thought i had heard some have more then 1...usually in the back seat area there might be another...

Old 05-01-2023, 03:54 PM

There's supposed to be one in the glove box too. I haven't found it yet but I am sure it's there. There's also
An aux port which I think I could plug in my power station if I only had the cords.

I'm still reading about the features of this car. The Cube was pretty simple so this is a different animal than what I 'm used to. Of course, it's newer too. The Cube was a 2010, this is a 2017.

Old 05-01-2023, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
There's supposed to be one in the glove box too. I haven't found it yet but I am sure it's there. There's also
An aux port which I think I could plug in my power station if I only had the cords.

I'm still reading about the features of this car. The Cube was pretty simple so this is a different animal than what I 'm used to. Of course, it's newer too. The Cube was a 2010, this is a 2017.
Yeah, caravans have plugs and cup holders freaking everywhere

Old 05-01-2023, 08:28 PM

Lol, I can't even investigate until I get all this stuff out of here. I'm ok looking forward to that.

Old 05-02-2023, 03:34 PM

Well, as usual I took a wrong turn in Oklahoma. I don't know why that state confuses me so much, but that's three out of the three times I have been through it.

Drove from 8 or so to 4ish
. I'm still a long way from the farm because of getting lost but, oh well, if not tomorrow, the day after for sure. I'm currently in Kansas and was happy to leave Oklahoma behind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing