Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2023, 12:07 PM

451 posts, read 423,547 times

Advertisements

I think you will like it.
I can'tremember for sure but i think US Grants house was free entry maybe with the park service senior pass. Anyway if free or cheap there was a good guide there doing the tour.

have fun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2023, 08:56 PM

7,046 posts, read 6,298,150 times
Some of you know the 929 is my birthday. So today I made a cake that was posted on Facebook on 12 tomatoes, whose recipes I like. This was one that she made for her husbands birthday so it seemed appropriate. It's called Company Spice Cake.
Wow! What a flavor explosion in my mouth!
I wasn't expecting it to taste as good as it did, but it is delightful. I didn't have buttermilk but added a tablespoon of lemon juice to milk and that worked.
I'm not sure what ingredients made it so delicious,maybe the applesauce along with the rest of the ingredients, but I certainly recommend trying it.

Old 09-29-2023, 11:36 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,664,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Some of you know the 929 is my birthday. So today I made a cake that was posted on Facebook on 12 tomatoes, whose recipes I like. This was one that she made for her husbands birthday so it seemed appropriate. It's called Company Spice Cake.
Wow! What a flavor explosion in my mouth!
I wasn't expecting it to taste as good as it did, but it is delightful. I didn't have buttermilk but added a tablespoon of lemon juice to milk and that worked.
I'm not sure what ingredients made it so delicious,maybe the applesauce along with the rest of the ingredients, but I certainly recommend trying it.
If I had to pick one cake as my favorite it would be spice cake; every year it is my request for a birthday cake. I am definitely going to try the Company Spice Cake!

Old 09-30-2023, 05:06 AM

You'll enjoy it!

Old 10-05-2023, 11:15 PM

Waiting now on both open enrollment for medical insurance and the weather. Open enrollment you can change plans starting October 15 to change for the coming year. I'm meeting with my agent next week as my current plan has quite a jump in price. Looking for a lower price.

Also, my brother returned from seeing my older brother and it doesn't sound good. I am anxious to see him myself and also anxious about the weather.
I'll keep watching what is going on and will leave when I feel it is safe to.

Old 10-13-2023, 08:45 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,153,771 times
Wow, you have been through a lot since I last checked on you. I really think you should consider writing a book.

Your thread became really confusing when it had to be "cleaned" up so I'm a little lost about Marigolds escape. I feel like her stories are a big part of RV travel because so many of us do actually travel with cats and stories like yours are very helpful on the things to do or avoid while traveling.

It's too bad mean peoples rude comments split your thread due to mod clean up of it. Everyone here knows how much you love your cat and what a great life she has with you.

Old 10-13-2023, 01:38 PM

2,020 posts, read 3,196,643 times
I second Galena as a place to visit. There is so much to see. Just walking downtown is an experience. It’s in a lovely setting too. I live in eastern Iowa and I always take visitors from out of state there. I would however recommend avoiding the area on the weekends when it gets pretty crowded from Chicago tourists.

https://thisdarlingworld.com/things-...ago-road-trip/

BTW. I love following your adventures! You are an inspiration.

Old 10-14-2023, 06:48 PM

That's sweet. Thank you.
I liked your suggestions.
I haven't left yet as I became ill. I plan on going to urgent care tomorrow to see if they can give me something to feel better. My brother and sister came back from visiting our brother in Nashville and gave me their sickness. My sister just called and they gave her amoxicillin and she advised me to go in. So I will.
Don't want to travel while sick but hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday I can leave.

Right now I just have no energy.

Old 10-15-2023, 12:16 PM

2,105 posts, read 3,013,145 times
Hope you feel better soon meo.

Old 10-15-2023, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdurncat13 View Post
Hope you feel better soon meo.
Thanks, me too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing