Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2023, 12:29 PM

7,034 posts, read 6,287,208 times

Advertisements

Stopped for the day, at a Love's of course I'm close to Amarillo. Drove 6 hours today and it felt good.

The people here are sweet, said stay as long as you like. I laughed and said overnight was fine and all I needed.

I was thinking about how long this is getting and wonder if I should break it up. Start with year 4 or something like that or just keep this one going as is. What do all of you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2023, 02:56 PM

Wow, the moment I hit Texas I started sneezing. Even before I stopped the car and got out. I couldn't believe it.

It could be because the wind is blowing so bad and dust is in the air. I don't know but thankfully I found allergy pills and hopefully they'll work fast.

So many things I ended up just cramming in the car because it was so cold I couldn't organize them. But I vaguely remembered that I left things I thought I might need til the last and put them in noticeable bags. I still haven't found my magnesium pills because I had some in my medicine bag. I'll probably have to stop and get more, as soon as I'm near a Walmart or drug store. Magnesium helps me with sleep and neuropathy. So I do need them.

Oh well, it's not like I won't use them. It's just that I knew I bought extra just for instances like this.

Old 11-02-2023, 06:29 AM

Good morning. Almost time to leave and get back on the road.

Had a decent night's sleep so fresh to go. II believe I have 12 hours or so left. It's going to be nice to finally be able to get organized and use y bed.

It's been surprisingly easy to sleep across the front seats, but I look forward to stretching out again.

For a person who thought the only way of roughing it was to be in a cabin, I've changed remarkably. Ah, the wonder of nature!

Old 11-02-2023, 01:18 PM

2,271 posts, read 1,666,238 times
I enjoy your posts, Meo! Glad to see you are approaching your destination. Hope the rest of your trip goes well.

Old 11-04-2023, 09:46 AM

Stayed on BLM land last night off the highway. First time I've experienced no cell service
I've heard about it but had never happened to me. Very peaceful
Time to get back on the road. I'm only a few hours away from Quartzsite.

Old 11-04-2023, 07:51 PM

I wasn't going to talk about this but decided I would.

It was the last rest area before Quartzsite and I decided to stop, knowing I was going to BLM area and would have to take care of my needs, so to speak.

That done, I decided the first stop would be the dollar store for the few things I needed.
Well, I got there and realized I didn't have my purse. I searched frantically and no, the purse was gone. So I raced back to the rest area and it wasn't there. I waited around for the people who service the area to see if they spotted it in a litter bin. No, they hadn't.
I went on to Quartzsite and lo and behold, my brother's phone had a message for me to contact this person. She was blowing up his phone with messages so I contacted her.

Turned out her aunt had found my purse and they were trying to get ahold of me. I contacted her and they are going to send the purse to Quartzsite. I just have to make sure it is a place they can send it to.

This makes believe in humanity and the goodness of human beings all over again.

Old 11-05-2023, 05:21 AM

2,104 posts, read 3,008,476 times
Oh wow! Yes there are still some good folks out there.
So glad it was found and will be returned to you.

Old 11-05-2023, 08:54 AM

An update on the brother I went to see. He died at 2:30 this morning.
So glad I went to see him and glad he is finally at peace. He hated being sick the way he was.

Old 11-05-2023, 09:05 AM

Oh, I asked the woman who has my purse how she found my brother and what she did was Google the address on my license and his name came up as the home owner. So she figured he figured he must know me.
I'm not going to let him know he's so easy to find but certainly found it interesting.

Old 11-05-2023, 04:04 PM

Sad goings on at my brother's. Even though it was expected, it's a sad time for my niece especially. II just talked to her and I even though no one wanted him to suffer like he was doing, everyone hoped for a miracle.
It will take time for them to heal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing