Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2023, 04:05 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times

Advertisements

I have to laugh at Google. The first time they messed up, they had me turning around to go back to Wilmar! I didn't do it.

The second time they had me get off the highway and take a detour down a small road and then get back on the same highway.

But since I have never gone this way, I didn't see choices so I did it.

I just hope it behaves when I get close to Nashville because that city is extremely Confusing to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2023, 07:35 PM

I still miss the Cube, but on the plus side, this car can handle the wind a whole lot better. Very windy today, there was even one semi that looked pretty scary because it was not handling the wind well.

The grand caravan, on the other hand, was quite easy to handle and that's very important with all the driving I do in the wind.

Old 10-25-2023, 04:38 AM

Went to sleep early and woke up at 3:30 am, not unusual for me. It's raining here but it's a light rain and should be drivable once it gets light out. Anxious to be on my way.

As I said before,, this car is crammed. I had an opportunity to charge my jackery yesterday but couldn't remember where I put the solar panels. That's one of the first things I will rectify when I get to my brother's.
Thankfully I have the two power stations and charged them both before I left. But, another lesson learned in life.

One of the problems was that it was so cold that I ended up just cramming things in. Another is that my rooftop carrier doesn't fit on these windows. I had not thought of that one. I'll have to have roof racks installed once I am back. I left the carrier because I don't want to pay price to have them installed in an unknown garage. I trust the mechanics in Fergus and will just buy a cheap tent on the road.

Old 10-25-2023, 06:37 PM

It was tough seeing my brother like he is now. I doubt he'll last long and I am glad I made the decision to see him now.

My sister in law insists on him staying at the house and taking care of him. They've been married 54 years and she wants to see it through to the end, rather than sending him to the hospital. I don't envy her.

He did okay for awhile but sleeps a lot. Towards evening he seemed to lose all sense of reality. It's hard to see.

Old 10-25-2023, 09:28 PM

I didn't mention some things I saw on the drive. Uggg, a dead deer and 2 dead racoons. A RV towing a car with 2 bikes attached to the back. The car was swaying quite a bit. I did see them later down the road on the side, they were obviously trying to figure out what to do.

A driver who thought his sports car was a race car, bright purple. I saw him a little later, pulled over for the shenanigans.

One driver who decided we were all too slow and passed on the shoulder. I hope he got pulled over at some point.

There was some idiot driving out there!

Old 10-26-2023, 06:02 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,013,928 times
I enjoy reading your posts meo. I'm sure others do too.
Glad you got to see your brother. Wish it was under better circumstances.
Keep driving and keep posting. I check first thing every morning.

Old 10-26-2023, 10:58 AM

[quote=thatdurncat13;65999735]I enjoy reading your posts meo. I'm sure others do too.
Glad you got to see your brother. Wish it was under better circumstances.
Keep driving and keep posting. I check first thing every morning.[/QUOTE

Good to hear. I was on the verge of stopping posting so much because no one was responding.

My sister in law asked me to stay longer but I have decided to leave tomorrow because the weather is acting strangely per Ryan Hall, y'all.

Old 10-27-2023, 06:29 AM

2,146 posts, read 3,063,465 times
Please continue posting. We’re all limited on how frequently we can give you rep points. I’ve been keeping track of your travels and enjoy your updates. I admire your moxie!

Old 10-27-2023, 09:26 AM

375 posts, read 319,453 times
I’ve been checking in from time to time too, Meo! Always enjoy your updates! Where you heading next? Any stops in TX? I lived there- central Tx, for a long time. So hoping to read your impressions of the area.

Sorry to read about your brother. Glad you made the trip to see him.

All the best to you.

Tammy

Old 10-27-2023, 09:30 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,666,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Some of you know the 929 is my birthday. So today I made a cake that was posted on Facebook on 12 tomatoes, whose recipes I like. This was one that she made for her husbands birthday so it seemed appropriate. It's called Company Spice Cake.
Wow! What a flavor explosion in my mouth!
I wasn't expecting it to taste as good as it did, but it is delightful. I didn't have buttermilk but added a tablespoon of lemon juice to milk and that worked.
I'm not sure what ingredients made it so delicious,maybe the applesauce along with the rest of the ingredients, but I certainly recommend trying it.
I made the spice cake yesterday. I agree with you that it is very good; lots of flavor and moist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing