Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2023, 08:46 AM

7,040 posts, read 6,289,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I forget, is he older than you ?

If so, being your 'big brother' might explain (but not excuse) his comments.
He's older by 3 years. I'm the youngest female in my family. I think that's why they've always been so protective.

As much as I love my family members, I will be happy to be back around others like me who enjoy the nomadic lifestyle.

Still planning on September, probably the middle of the month so I don't hit real hot weather. Again, it depends on weather. But will have to go by Tennessee way to see my eldest brother. He's optimistic about beating the cancer but you never know with any health problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2023, 11:28 AM
JRR

8,163 posts, read 5,654,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
He's older by 3 years. I'm the youngest female in my family. I think that's why they've always been so protective.

As much as I love my family members, I will be happy to be back around others like me who enjoy the nomadic lifestyle.

Still planning on September, probably the middle of the month so I don't hit real hot weather. Again, it depends on weather. But will have to go by Tennessee way to see my eldest brother. He's optimistic about beating the cancer but you never know with any health problem.
I hope that your brother is going to Vanderbilt Medical for his cancer treatment. They have been top notch with treating my wife's unique and difficult situation.

Old 08-13-2023, 11:58 AM

451 posts, read 422,085 times
Good to hear you are getting ready to hoof it south and be on the road.
Out of curiosity when you are stationary in wild rice and loon territory there are you able to take advantage of the Medicare for testing and general preventative stuff? Other than the issue you have had?

Are appointments available in a reasonable time period.
I have heard doc appointments can be tough to get in some areas.

Have fun!!

Old 08-13-2023, 02:15 PM

It's been pretty easy so far. I'm now seeing doctors for the usual yearly appointments, which will be May. I have to get my car tabs on by May 15. I will purchase them online in April,as they expire April 30 and in MN there's a 15 day pass as long as you purchase them before they're due.

So whenever I get back, April or early May, I will set up dr appointments then. My last appointment will be August for the eye doctor. They set that one up last August.

Old 08-13-2023, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I hope that your brother is going to Vanderbilt Medical for his cancer treatment. They have been top notch with treating my wife's unique and difficult situation.
I'm not sure where he's going but he is a veteran so it could be the VA. We don't discuss that type of personal information but I trust they know what they're doing.

Old 08-18-2023, 11:12 PM

JRR, I hope I wasn't disrespectful in my response. My brother just doesn't tell me about any of his medical procedures. It's an elder brother to youngest sister thing I think. He just doesn't want to discuss this with me and I respect that.
It hurts that I can't talk to him about it, but that's how it is right now..

Old 08-18-2023, 11:20 PM

On the bright side, fingers crossed, remember the couple I met at the van build and we became friends?
Well, hopefully they will be stopping by on their way to Michigan and they'll meet up with my niece and her boyfriend who are interested in this,or.at least off grid living.
Sometimes I am amazed at what life throws our way. You just never know.

Old 08-20-2023, 12:34 AM
JRR

8,163 posts, read 5,654,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
JRR, I hope I wasn't disrespectful in my response. My brother just doesn't tell me about any of his medical procedures. It's an elder brother to youngest sister thing I think. He just doesn't want to discuss this with me and I respect that.
It hurts that I can't talk to him about it, but that's how it is right now..
No problem; I know that some people are not comfortable in discussing their medical situations, even with family.

Old 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM

Thanks for understanding. He's always been a giant to me and I think that's part of it. He doesn't want me to see any weakness in him.

Old 09-18-2023, 07:04 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,009,621 times
Ok meo, are you on the road again? How did you do getting the van all set up?
Inquiring minds want to know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing