Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2021, 08:49 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I forgot to mention that a new female baby calf was born last week. Such a cutie. I love seeing the cycle of life go on and on.

Marigold woke me up super early this morning as apparently she was starving. Poor underfed cat. I gave her food, made coffee and since it was so early, took my coffee outside and started a fire in the fire pit. Love that thing!

It was chilly and the perfect way to start the day. Got rid of some paper, kept some of the bugs away and watched the sun rise as I drank my coffee. So peaceful with the loons calling and the fire crackling.

Your morning sounds just about perfect (well, except for Marigold STARVING -- I am laughing as I type that, since my kitties have been known to do the "I'm STARVING, you haven't fed me in FOREVER" bit too! ). Wishing you a wonderful day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2021, 09:30 AM

7,044 posts, read 6,295,966 times
Yes, they're quite characters. That's about the only times she meows, unless she's outside and wants to finally come in.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:26 PM

I'm tired but not sleepy so am waiting on my Sleepy Time tea to get done. That usually helps me to sleep.

Tomorrow I get a heart monitor. I don't know what that entails exactly but since she said she could mail it out and I could put it on, I assume it's not too complicated. I said I'd come in for them to do it for two reasons, 1-because I have no clue what to do, and two - the most important - Marigold is running out of food and I have to go in anyway. Well, also because I want answers and if this helps I want it sooner rather than later and who knows how long it would take by mail to get here.

I also need to stock up on fruits and veggies and some more canned beans.

The Eat to Live book makes a lot of sense and I'm trying to follow it as best I can. There are certain things I have trouble getting but hopefully I'll have better luck at Aldis rather than Walmart. It's not so much that Wal-Mart doesn't have them, more that their produce selection isn't very good. So if something doesn't taste good, that pretty much makes the desire to eat it nonexistent.

I may have that problem while traveling too. I realize now that I unintentionally was stumbling on the right path by what I was eating, hence the weight loss. It wasn't the grocery greens, as I can eat now, but I did eat a lot of beans, cabbage, spinach and rice as well as oatmeal with the fruit cups mixed in, usually applesauce. Also, a lot of my treats were the fruit cups, just because I liked them.

So my body was telling me what I needed, without my realizing it.

But it was canned vegetables, not fresh. Not sure what difference that made, although I'm certain it was better than nothing.

It'll be interesting to see what happens now.

Old 07-27-2021, 05:42 PM

What a day!

After the Nurse applied the heart monitor, which is very small and goes over your sternum, she explained how it worked. It records every heartbeat and you press a button when something causes it to change. It's an interesting little gadget and you have to pay attention because if it turns orange that means it's not secure so you have to press the tabs down. I can handle that.

So I go to Aldi's to stock up on produce as they are supposed to have the best. I get my produce in the car and the guy next to me says, You have a flat tire. I look, and sure enough, I have a flat tire.

Well, he pulls out this older model tire compressor and proceed to put air in my tire, just enough to get it to Fleet Farm, which is right by Aldi's. I tried to explain that I had a Jaco which would fill it, but he was having none of that. So, I go over to FF and they're tied up.

I left and used my Jaco and it worked slick. Had that tire filled in no time. Then I called the shop who'd originally fixed the flat and they said to bring it right in. As I was waiting I mentioned to the front desk woman that this was a good test for the heart monitor I'd just had put on.

She immediately raised my car to priority and I became next in line. It turned out there was a small piece of metal next to the nail they'd pulled out and since they couldn't decide if it was something they'd missed, they didn't charge me for the repair, just wished me luck on my monitor.

The guy who fixed my tire was walking out to get the next car and I asked him if the Jaco had done a good job. He didn't know what I was talking about so I showed him and he was really impressed. He also mentioned that he really likes my car, which made my day.

I'm relaxing now and will be for the rest of the night. I've had enough excitement for one day.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:00 AM

4,150 posts, read 3,905,229 times
Quote:
What a day!

After the Nurse applied the heart monitor, which is very small and goes over your sternum, she explained how it worked. It records every heartbeat and you press a button when something causes it to change. It's an interesting little gadget and you have to pay attention because if it turns orange that means it's not secure so you have to press the tabs down. I can handle that.

So I go to Aldi's to stock up on produce as they are supposed to have the best. I get my produce in the car and the guy next to me says, You have a flat tire. I look, and sure enough, I have a flat tire.

Well, he pulls out this older model tire compressor and proceed to put air in my tire, just enough to get it to Fleet Farm, which is right by Aldi's. I tried to explain that I had a Jaco which would fill it, but he was having none of that. So, I go over to FF and they're tied up.

I left and used my Jaco and it worked slick. Had that tire filled in no time. Then I called the shop who'd originally fixed the flat and they said to bring it right in. As I was waiting I mentioned to the front desk woman that this was a good test for the heart monitor I'd just had put on.

She immediately raised my car to priority and I became next in line. It turned out there was a small piece of metal next to the nail they'd pulled out and since they couldn't decide if it was something they'd missed, they didn't charge me for the repair, just wished me luck on my monitor.

The guy who fixed my tire was walking out to get the next car and I asked him if the Jaco had done a good job. He didn't know what I was talking about so I showed him and he was really impressed. He also mentioned that he really likes my car, which made my day.

I'm relaxing now and will be for the rest of the night. I've had enough excitement for one day.
What is Jaco?

Old 07-28-2021, 05:57 AM

It's a portable digital tire inflator. Takes the guesswork out of how much air to put in, runs by plugging into your cigarette lighter.

This is one of the things I learned about from Facebook camping groups and utube videos. The Jaco and the battery charger were two of my best buys but I wouldn't have known about either without help.

Old 07-28-2021, 07:44 AM

4,150 posts, read 3,905,229 times
Quote:
It's a portable digital tire inflator. Takes the guesswork out of how much air to put in, runs by plugging into your cigarette lighter.

This is one of the things I learned about from Facebook camping groups and utube videos. The Jaco and the battery charger were two of my best buys but I wouldn't have known about either without help.
I am going to get a Jaco, looks like a great product. What brand of battery charger do you have?

Old 07-28-2021, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
I am going to get a Jaco, looks like a great product. What brand of battery charger do you have?
I couldn't find it in my orders so will let you know when it's cool enough to go out to the car tomorrow morning. It's too humid to even move today but should cool down tomorrow. In the meantime, I will keep searching through my orders. It must have been quite awhile ago, but I started preparing for this year's before I did it.

Okay, I found it. It's a HALO Bolt portable car jump starter. I paid $79.99. I haven't had to use it so don't even know how it works. At that price, it must have come highly recommended but I've had it for over a year and, as I said, haven't had a need to use it yet.

The Jaco, on the other hand, proved to be worth it's weight in good to me. Sure, I could have called my insurance company for assistance, but I would have been stuck in the hot sun for who knows how long waiting on a tow truck.

Last edited by meo92953; 07-28-2021 at 03:11 PM..

Old 07-28-2021, 06:57 PM

Gold, not good. I review and review my posts and spell check still manages to mess them up.

It's still hot and muggy but supposed to start changing tomorrow. Hope so.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:11 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Gold, not good. I review and review my posts and spell check still manages to mess them up.

It's still hot and muggy but supposed to start changing tomorrow. Hope so.
How are you feeling otherwise?

This heat kills it for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing