Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2021, 11:26 AM

7,034 posts, read 6,287,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I once was taking into consideration a long deceased relative re a decision. A wise relative (the deceased loved both of us dearly) told me that what the deceased relative would want most was what would make me the happiest. That made my decision much easier, and I’ve never regretted my decision.
I love that thought and those words.

Internet service this weekend has not been good due in part to the many vacationers. In fact, it's been frustrating. I will wait until folks to home before posting more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2021, 06:07 PM

A lot of people left and it's back to being fairly quiet here. Still some vacationers but, fairly quiet.

Marigold has relaxed a bit around Taz, which is good. Taz obviously adores her and Marigold is being patient when she comes around, letting her sniff her, etc.

My brother and sister put up a failing on the steps, which has been very helpful for me. It was hilarious watching them trying different ideas, using materials from the pole barn.

Other than that it's been quiet. It was very hot for a few days but is now very comfortable.

Old 07-11-2021, 03:41 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
A lot of people left and it's back to being fairly quiet here. Still some vacationers but, fairly quiet.

Meo, is it normally noisy with vacationers nearby? I would have thought given acreage that it would be pretty quiet (except for the usual farm machinery etc.!).

That's good news about Marigold. Taz sounds like a big sweetie!

Old 07-11-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Meo, is it normally noisy with vacationers nearby? I would have thought given acreage that it would be pretty quiet (except for the usual farm machinery etc.!).

That's good news about Marigold. Taz sounds like a big sweetie!
We're right on the lake and on holidays people come here to party it seems. There's a lot more boat traffic. The regulars come to fish, which is a very quiet sport. So yes, it's noisy when vacationers come for fun. But only on holiday weekends so not often.

The rest of the time most of the vacationers come to relax and enjoy the serenity and peace and quiet.

Old 07-12-2021, 11:15 AM

Something very unusual happened yesterday to my brother. He was supposed to fly home to Nashville and my sister drove him 70 miles to the airport. They got there and after 3 reports of delays, they ended up canceling the flight because they didn't have and couldn't find a crew.

They ended up refunding the passengers and now he is scheduled to leave Thursday, which is the next flight from Fargo to Nashville. So, he gets a free flight but has to stay, which is not a problem for him, but at least one poor guy ended up renting a car and driving to Minneapolis because he had to be back to work today. I'm sure the airline will reimburse him but it meant no sleep for the poor guy and just going to work from the airport.

Yikes!

Old 07-13-2021, 10:11 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,034,370 times
I am really not looking forward to flying again. If I could drive my car onto a cross-ocean ferry, maybe I could see the rest of the world. The horrible behavior of passengers; being crammed into a tube with who knows what germs circulating in there; the cost...and most of all, the potential for human error from ground to air....I am avoiding it altogether.

It's a mostly irrational fear, I know - and one I need to get over. I worked in the airlines for 8 yrs; I was young and pretty much fearless. Now I feel old and stuck in that negative mindset.

Old 07-13-2021, 12:07 PM

I don't think that's irrational. I used to fly quite a bit but the last time I did, all of a sudden I was terrified. It has never happened before but I haven't flown since. And that was years ago.

On the positive side, I found I loved to travel by car. I hadn't realized what I was missing by not seeing the scenery as I flew right over it. So it turned into a blessing.

It also wasn't until I started staying at rest stops and truck stops that I met and keep meeting, such wonderful people. I'd always stayed at motels prior to car camping.

Old 07-13-2021, 06:43 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
I am really not looking forward to flying again. If I could drive my car onto a cross-ocean ferry, maybe I could see the rest of the world. The horrible behavior of passengers; being crammed into a tube with who knows what germs circulating in there; the cost...and most of all, the potential for human error from ground to air....I am avoiding it altogether.

It's a mostly irrational fear, I know - and one I need to get over. I worked in the airlines for 8 yrs; I was young and pretty much fearless. Now I feel old and stuck in that negative mindset.

Ocean liners will be back in service before long, possibly next year. It is a wonderfully unforgettable way to travel.

Old 07-20-2021, 11:07 PM

4,597 posts, read 2,988,358 times
Default We're awaiting your next update, MEO...

What's been happening lately with you and your kitty?

Old 07-21-2021, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
What's been happening lately with you and your kitty?
The kitty is fine, me not so much. I have to go in for a brain MRI tomorrow because I may have had a slight stroke on the 4th of July. It's a bit scary but hopefully I just need a stent. I had weakness, drooling and slurred speech but quickly took 4 of the baby aspirin, which stopped it.

I was already scheduled to see the Nurse Practitioner that next week, then she sent a letter (yes a letter!) cancelling it til the next month. So I called the clinic and explained why I felt I had to get in.

They scheduled me to see a Doctor that Friday. He's young but super intuitive and scheduled the MRI when he heard my symptoms.

So I'm just in waiting mode to see what's going on.

I'll let you know when I know.

I should add that this happened after a family dinner where all I had to drink was water and coffee so there was nothing to cause it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing