Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2021, 10:22 AM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times

Advertisements

That's a great idea. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2021, 03:53 PM

Boy, do I feel like an idiot right now.

I went to my brothers to go through things I had left there and found a six-month supply of survival food, freeze dried prepackaged food, in a box. Clearly labeled of course. Also all the socks I'd bought a special cloth container for. Lots of options and cleansers I'd specifically bought for my travels.

Everything can be used for my next trip but I often scratched my head and wondered where I had stashed these things when I was in Quartzsite.

There was so much I didn't know when I started out! I had no clue how to pack. It's nice to know that it means I don't have to buy so much next trip but I did feel like an idiot when I was going through those things.

Old 06-29-2021, 04:25 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,038,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Boy, do I feel like an idiot right now.

I went to my brothers to go through things I had left there and found a six-month supply of survival food, freeze dried prepackaged food, in a box. Clearly labeled of course. Also all the socks I'd bought a special cloth container for. Lots of options and cleansers I'd specifically bought for my travels.

Everything can be used for my next trip but I often scratched my head and wondered where I had stashed these things when I was in Quartzsite.

There was so much I didn't know when I started out! I had no clue how to pack. It's nice to know that it means I don't have to buy so much next trip but I did feel like an idiot when I was going through those things.
I consider that a happy surprise....even a little serendipitous!

Old 06-29-2021, 08:14 PM

You're right.

On another note; I'm so happy and thankful for my family. My Tennessee brother is here visiting for a few weeks and between him and my sister they took out the uncomfortable couch in the trailer and put in a recliner she found at a garage sale ( for $5, yes that's $5.00). It's a really nice recliner, leather with one patch on it. I wasn't complaining about the couch because, as I remind them, this is luxury after sleeping in a small car but they have taken it upon themselves to make me comfortable.

I love my family so much.

They were apprehensive when I started this journey, mainly because I have to use a cane to walk but they encouraged me to do it. I'm sure they were cringing though. Now they are still helping me every step of the way.

I have become physically stronger because of my journey, but I still do need my cane for any distances.

I think it's partly that I survived the car accident and partly that my son died that makes us all realize just how fragile life can be and if living my dream makes me happy, it makes them happy too.

Old 06-29-2021, 08:24 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
I am annoyed, summer is half over and I am yet to take the camper out this year. Hopefully in a couple of weeks.

Old 06-29-2021, 10:46 PM

4,619 posts, read 3,007,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I am annoyed, summer is half over and I am yet to take the camper out this year. Hopefully in a couple of weeks.
Wait, summer only started about a week ago.

Old 06-30-2021, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Wait, summer only started about a week ago.
Lol. Here in the Midwest, summer is short. I, myself, am thinking, yikes, it's already almost July and October is just around the corner - better get busy.

Old 07-01-2021, 11:32 AM

Yesterday my sister came across a Coleman enclosed fire pit that someone set out with a free sign on it. It does have some rust on it.

What people throw away, just because it's not perfect will never cease to amaze me.

Ah well, their loss is our gain. Plenty of fallen tree limbs around here. We'll put it to good use.

Old 07-04-2021, 08:58 AM

19 posts, read 20,516 times
I've really enjoyed reading about your adventure and would love to do something similar after retirement. Marigold sounds like the best travel companion and I marvel at her adaptability and yours. It seems many people decide they can't try new things and miss out on making their dreams a reality. Though your tale seems to have been catapulted into place by some less than pleasant circumstances; you made lemonade out of lemons and seem happier for it!

Thank you for the many relaxing mornings, sipping coffee and reading your updates.

Old 07-04-2021, 03:41 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
You're right.

On another note; I'm so happy and thankful for my family. My Tennessee brother is here visiting for a few weeks and between him and my sister they took out the uncomfortable couch in the trailer and put in a recliner she found at a garage sale ( for $5, yes that's $5.00). It's a really nice recliner, leather with one patch on it. I wasn't complaining about the couch because, as I remind them, this is luxury after sleeping in a small car but they have taken it upon themselves to make me comfortable.

I love my family so much.

They were apprehensive when I started this journey, mainly because I have to use a cane to walk but they encouraged me to do it. I'm sure they were cringing though. Now they are still helping me every step of the way.

I have become physically stronger because of my journey, but I still do need my cane for any distances.

I think it's partly that I survived the car accident and partly that my son died that makes us all realize just how fragile life can be and if living my dream makes me happy, it makes them happy too.
I once was taking into consideration a long deceased relative re a decision. A wise relative (the deceased loved both of us dearly) told me that what the deceased relative would want most was what would make me the happiest. That made my decision much easier, and I’ve never regretted my decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing