Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 09:22 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
How are you feeling otherwise?

This heat kills it for me.
Pretty miserable. Sweaty, sticky and the adhesive on this monitor itches, but I can't scratch it. I'll be glad when the week is up. I'm sure it will turn up after all this that I need a stent and I will be fine but I have to wait for the ultrasound.

I just want them to fix me and be done, or give me a timeframe that they've done the best they can.

I'm just crabby because of the heat. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2021, 10:31 AM

Marigold is not a snuggler so when she jumps in my lap I know she needs brushing or detangling. Today she let me inspect her all over, which is very rare and, lo and behold, she had a tiny twig stuck under her left leg. She was really patient while I worked at getting It out without hurting her.

That's what happens with country living sometimes. You have to inspect pets for foreign objects that can get caught in their fur. It must have been hurting her for her to be so still, poor baby. But it's out and she's comfortable now.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:19 AM

The smoke from the Canada fires has been pretty extreme the last few days, sometimes making it difficult to breathe. I feel for them, as I do for anyone facing a disaster situation, but it is difficult when you're outside.

Old 07-30-2021, 10:10 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
The smoke from the Canada fires has been pretty extreme the last few days, sometimes making it difficult to breathe. I feel for them, as I do for anyone facing a disaster situation, but it is difficult when you're outside.
The joke I saw of Facebook today. Yesterday is was 106 degree which cooked us to a nice medium rare. Today the smoke from the forest fires should give us a delicious smoky flavor.

Old 07-30-2021, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The joke I saw of Facebook today. Yesterday is was 106 degree which cooked us to a nice medium rare. Today the smoke from the forest fires should give us a delicious smoky flavor.
Hmmm. Not sure how to respond to that.

Old 07-30-2021, 02:43 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Quote:
Hmmm. Not sure how to respond to that.
I wasn’t either. Making the best of bad situation.

Old 07-30-2021, 02:55 PM

Saw the doctor today but not much he can do until the tests are in. He did prescribe Gabapentin for my leg pain. I used to take it after back surgery, can't remember why I stopped. Sure hope it helps. I did mention that the cartaroid artery on my neck hurt at times, but if course it didn't today. He'll make sure that's included in the test.

This heart monitor is a pain in the you know where. Thankfully I get to take it off Monday. It's itchy and I can't sleep well with it on. I keep waking up to make sure it's secure. But it will be good to know what my heart is doing.

I've only been purposefully doing this plant based eating, not a diet but a way of life, for a short time and already my blood pressure is better. Can't remember the numbers, sorry, but the Nurse was impressed.

Old 07-31-2021, 12:35 AM

2,360 posts, read 1,441,353 times
Hi, Meo, I just got caught up with your travel journal. I'm sorry about your health issues & I hope they are resolved & you can continue traveling.

I wore a heart monitor for a week when I was in my early 30's. It was also in the summer & very uncomfortable...but on a positive note, the results were the appropriate diagnosis of a congenital defect that was fixed!

Wishing you the best...

Old 07-31-2021, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
Hi, Meo, I just got caught up with your travel journal. I'm sorry about your health issues & I hope they are resolved & you can continue traveling.

I wore a heart monitor for a week when I was in my early 30's. It was also in the summer & very uncomfortable...but on a positive note, the results were the appropriate diagnosis of a congenital defect that was fixed!

Wishing you the best...
So glad you were 'fixable '. I shouldn't complain, they're doing their best. Hopefully the monitor will show them something. I still think it's the ultrasound that will do the trick but I'm not a doctor so will leave it to the experts to find the problem.

Old 07-31-2021, 03:37 AM

4,150 posts, read 3,907,926 times
Quote:
Saw the doctor today but not much he can do until the tests are in. He did prescribe Gabapentin for my leg pain. I used to take it after back surgery, can't remember why I stopped. Sure hope it helps. I did mention that the cartaroid artery on my neck hurt at times, but if course it didn't today. He'll make sure that's included in the test.

This heart monitor is a pain in the you know where. Thankfully I get to take it off Monday. It's itchy and I can't sleep well with it on. I keep waking up to make sure it's secure. But it will be good to know what my heart is doing.

I've only been purposefully doing this plant based eating, not a diet but a way of life, for a short time and already my blood pressure is better. Can't remember the numbers, sorry, but the Nurse was impressed.
I have toyed with more of a plant based diet for health reasons but not sure I can stick to it as I am a meat and potatoes kind of guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing