Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2021, 10:18 PM

7,040 posts, read 6,289,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herringbone View Post
Kinda curious how that tasted, was it moist enough? I've had turkey baked in the oven, broiled/grilled, deep fried, and baked in the ground in a pit. The most tender, moist turkey I've had was regular oven baked ones or one time, turkey baked in the ground by some friends that were experimenting.... but it took almost 7 hours and poor tummy didn't care about the beautiful stars in the sky... it suggested I eat a paper plate while waiting...

Anyways, I am so glad you enjoyed yourself. Camping over a fire and cooking/eating a meal together with friends can be so warm and intimate. Simple pleasures can give so much joy.
The turkey was amazing. I don't know how he knew how to do it but it worked. He'd started cooking it in the morning and it was ready about 4 or so. There was so much good food but it was more the company and the bonding with people. Wonderful people. I enjoyed meeting all of them.

The only problem I foresee, which isn't insurmountable, is that they either have to visit me or I'm going to have to drive to visit them because of the dogs and I don't want to leave Marigold alone for a long period of time. It'll work itself out, I'm sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2021, 03:29 AM

17,634 posts, read 22,630,766 times
I have BBQed Turkey on my Weber charcoal grill. Covered the bird with foil, basted with beer, butter, spices.
It was delicious. The meat fell off the bone.

Old 12-26-2021, 07:09 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,009,621 times
Glad to hear that you had a great time meo.

Old 12-26-2021, 11:09 AM

I just watched nomadic fanatics Christmas video and realized I didn't get Marigold anything for Christmas. Drats. I didn't even think of it.

Oh well, there's always next year.

One thing that's always surprised me about her is that she doesn't like toys. Her form of enjoyment is snuggling and watching the world outside. Maybe she's too old, but even when she first came to live with me, at 3or4, I didn't find any toys that she would play with. She sometimes likes empty boxes but that's it

Old 12-26-2021, 04:24 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,700 posts, read 58,012,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I just watched nomadic fanatics Christmas video and realized I didn't get Marigold anything for Christmas. Drats. I didn't even think of it.

... Maybe she's too old, but even when she first came to live with me, at 3or4, I didn't find any toys that she would play with. She sometimes likes empty boxes but that's it
our 12 YO cat spent entire Christmas Day 'hiding' inside a grocery sack, because the 'Grand-dog' was visiting.

She was very happy to climb out of the bag about 10PM, but is still scolding us profusely.

White Christmas (and day after) here (PNW). Treat for the cats and dogs. (Who all prefer to be outside animals) Prtetty amazing this cat survied this many yrs of Coyotes. None of her 5 kittens were so lucky (rescue cat arrived with / pre child). She was the best mom I have ever seen (Taught her youngins well), but just had one litter.

Weather in Quartsite looks a tad chilly 58 / 38.
My TX joint = 78 / 58 (this week)

Old 12-26-2021, 05:09 PM

Yup, it's been cold. I may do Texas next year.

Old 12-28-2021, 04:49 AM

2,360 posts, read 1,437,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I have BBQed Turkey on my Weber charcoal grill. Covered the bird with foil, basted with beer, butter, spices.
It was delicious. The meat fell off the bone.
That's how we made our turkey for years & the only way I like it. But we only put foil on the wings & drumsticks to prevent burning. A little of the drippings in a giblet gravy is wonderful.

Old 12-28-2021, 06:43 AM

Wow, I wasn't able to get on here at all yesterday. Internet was so slow, it wouldn't open cd. So I spent the time reading books I'd already downloaded.

It's been cold, windy, gray and gloomy here. Not very pleasant. If it weren't for the RTR happening next month and the fact that I paid for the LTVA and I know it will get better, I'd go somewhere warmer.

Next year, Texas and BLM land.

Brrr.

I'll keep up here as I can but internet will probably not improve much. I heard if you drive up to McDonald's it's better. Of course, if I heard that, so did others. I can just see us all descending on McDonald's. Not a pretty picture.

Old 12-28-2021, 08:17 AM

815 posts, read 979,981 times
Thanks for checking in. I'm sorry the weather is less than ideal and that the internet is less than reliable.
I love to read also, and it's a perfect way to pass the time when the weather is gloomy.

I hope it warms up soon for you

Old 12-28-2021, 02:35 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Wow, I wasn't able to get on here at all yesterday. Internet was so slow, it wouldn't open cd. So I spent the time reading books I'd already downloaded.

It's been cold, windy, gray and gloomy here. Not very pleasant. If it weren't for the RTR happening next month and the fact that I paid for the LTVA and I know it will get better, I'd go somewhere warmer.

Next year, Texas and BLM land.

Brrr.

I'll keep up here as I can but internet will probably not improve much. I heard if you drive up to McDonald's it's better. Of course, if I heard that, so did others. I can just see us all descending on McDonald's. Not a pretty picture.
If it any consolation. North Dakota was dumped on. I 29 was closed at the SD/ND border most of yesterday. It is sunny and cold in western South Dakota.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing