Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2021, 05:44 PM

4,621 posts, read 3,007,630 times

Advertisements

Glad to hear you've relocated, and have a 'Christmas party' to attend, Meo!

Any chance you could send us pictures of your campsite, and its view?

Last edited by NW4me; 12-23-2021 at 06:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2021, 05:48 PM

6,590 posts, read 4,982,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I got a Kindle and subscribed to Kindle Unlimited. I read a variety of authors but mostly women detectives who solve crimes. I've read some books on the psychology of serial killers but only to help me understand the whys and hows. I just read one, And So We Lie, which was confusing but in the end she brought all the pieces together.

I also like the heart warmers about families who strive together, like the Waltons. And stories about animals or seen through an animals viewpoint.

I love Dean Koonze's stories about Goldens. He's always had Golden Labs so even if a lot of his books are a about mysteries, he will often include a Golden in them.

I like and admire so many different authors it's hard to name them all.

This brings a thought to mind. Maybe I can write about our traveling through Marigold's eyes. Hmmm, something to think about.
I would read a book about Marigold's travels

Women detectives, how about Nevada Barr or JA Jance if they aren't already on your list?

Old 12-23-2021, 05:59 PM

1 posts, read 516 times
Meo, I’ve enjoyed all of your posts from the beginning and generally check in to see if you’re ok from day to day. I was concerned for your last parking spot but this sounds so much better for you. I know you can take care of yourself but always good to have some support around you and hope this group is a blessing for you. I have an old cat that likes my lap too so know what a joy a cat can be.

Merry Christmas and hope you have fun and make some good connections at your potluck.

Old 12-23-2021, 06:13 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times
Thank you Sammy. I hope you have a wonderful holiday also.

One of my problems is that I have too big a heart. And I trust people too much. It happens when you work in nonprofits most of your career.

I believe I'm in a good spot now and look forward to connecting with other women here.

Old 12-23-2021, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post

Women detectives, how about Nevada Barr or JA Jance if they aren't already on your list?
I've read both. Excellent authors.

Old 12-23-2021, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Glad to hear you've relocated, and have a 'Christmas party' to attend, Meo!

Any chance you could send us pictures of your campsite, and its view?
I'll try. I'll use my phone instead of my Kindle. Maybe I can get that to work. I didn't bring my laptop because it eats up power but I will try with the phone. It's an Android so not sure it will work. We'll see.

Old 12-23-2021, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post

How about we start with: Mom finally stopped the car and opened the window so I could get out. Hey, I' ve seen that bush before. I'm gonna explore that one.

Old 12-23-2021, 08:45 PM

4,621 posts, read 3,007,630 times
I haven't gone back and read all the posts, but what were the practicalities of a long road journey with a cat?
When you stopped at a rest area, did you put Marigold in a carrier before opening the car door,
so she wouldn't dash out? Or is she placid enough that that wasn't necessary?

Last edited by NW4me; 12-23-2021 at 09:51 PM..

Old 12-23-2021, 09:08 PM

740 posts, read 473,899 times
One of my favorite books- perhaps you've already read it- is A Dog's Life, by Peter Mayle. The hero dog is Boy. The book is hilarious, and narrated from the dog's point of view. I love the part where Boy is describing the way tennis balls, by osmosis, picks up the origin of the ball's original owner.

"Old world- complex, mature... hint of alcoholic beer. The dark continent- hot, dusty refreshing tang of the high veldt...."

Oh, and the dinner parties of his masters... the drunken antics of the guests (book is set in france where wine may flow more freely) ... j'accuse.... I think that was from this book. I mutter that phrase all the time when I am driving and annoyed at other drivers.

It is a useful phrase in all walks of life. J'accuse ! Ha Ha! (Hand on hip in a superior stance. Additionally, a pair of white gloves, if handy, are needed to slap the offending party's face).

This phrase was certainly called for in your last interaction with that young man who insisted on borrowing expensive tools from you.

Be well. Hope your Xmas get-together goes well and you make some new friends.

Old 12-23-2021, 09:27 PM

2,481 posts, read 1,554,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I got a Kindle and subscribed to Kindle Unlimited. I read a variety of authors but mostly women detectives who solve crimes. I've read some books on the psychology of serial killers but only to help me understand the whys and hows. I just read one, And So We Lie, which was confusing but in the end she brought all the pieces together.

I also like the heart warmers about families who strive together, like the Waltons. And stories about animals or seen through an animals viewpoint.

I love Dean Koonze's stories about Goldens. He's always had Golden Labs so even if a lot of his books are a about mysteries, he will often include a Golden in them.

I like and admire so many different authors it's hard to name them all.

This brings a thought to mind. Maybe I can write about our traveling through Marigold's eyes. Hmmm, something to think about.
My wife really liked the Kinsey Millhone alphabet series staring with A is for Alibi, written by Sue Grafton. Highly recommend. Safe and happy travels, and Happy Holidays!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing