Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2021, 08:55 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Na. You make me laugh though.

I have decided I will drive to the bathroom and just keep my car in sight at all times.

I just find it sad that a person would think that's ok to do that.
okey dokey...park by the bathroom & lock your doors

Is there any Security Patrol around your area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2021, 09:51 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,441,353 times
meo...I know you're a grown woman & can take care of yourself. But...there are people in the LTVAs & other campsites whose intention isn't to be a nomad or traveler as a lifestyle choice. They will befriend you to size you up & see what they can use you for or take from you. This has become more prevalent in all aspects of human behavior during covid times.

Unfortunate but true, as a woman alone, you're more vulnerable & there are lots of predators. Maybe trust your 1st instinct & what your brother said. Also, you don't owe an explanation to anyone about not wanting to share your belongings with them.

I think you mentioned that you were in touch with other single female nomads? Maybe see if they are nearby & join them.

No offense...just my opinion.

Old 12-13-2021, 09:59 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,583,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
meo...I know you're a grown woman & can take care of yourself. But...there are people in the LTVAs & other campsites whose intention isn't to be a nomad or traveler as a lifestyle choice. They will befriend you to size you up & see what they can use you for or take from you. This has become more prevalent in all aspects of human behavior during covid times.

Unfortunate but true, as a woman alone, you're more vulnerable & there are lots of predators. Maybe trust your 1st instinct & what your brother said. Also, you don't owe an explanation to anyone about not wanting to share your belongings with them.

I think you mentioned that you were in touch with other single female nomads? Maybe see if they are nearby & join them.

No offense...just my opinion.
happygrrrl has basically ready my mind. Everything she said is what I was thinking when I read about the freeloader young man. I'll feel more relieved Meo when you join up with the other women nomads. There is often safety in numbers. Alone, certain people are more apt to take advantage of you.

Old 12-14-2021, 04:42 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,013,928 times
Oh meo, sorry to hear about the theft. Get away from them as soon as you can. I wouldn't spend another day by them.
And I would point blank ask them have they seen anyone by your car, that you are missing a couple of things.
Let them know that you know.

Old 12-14-2021, 08:58 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,083,414 times
Meo, that is so creepy about the kid. I wonder if he is the couple's kid and that's why they let him hang around?

You've got me a bit worried ... I KNOW you are a smart, capable woman, but you are also nice and assume that other people are too. And I think most are, but your neighbors are giving me bad vibes all the way here in New Hampshire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdurncat13 View Post
Oh meo, sorry to hear about the theft. Get away from them as soon as you can. I wouldn't spend another day by them.
And I would point blank ask them have they seen anyone by your car, that you are missing a couple of things.
Let them know that you know.
^^^ All of that! And I hope you can find another group soon. Where is the group of women travelers?

Old 12-14-2021, 09:14 AM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times
All of you are correct and I will be finding a new spot. I'll keep an eye on the weather and start searching this morning. The woman's caravan is camping on the 14 day blm land. I chose the ltva because of the bathrooms and other things. But there are other bathrooms here I can move close to.

I'm glad I talked this out.

Old 12-14-2021, 09:55 AM

Actually, I wasn't sure until he was ballsy enough to plug my own device into my solar panel, if it is mine. Quite a coincidence that it's the exact same model but...

I don't know the whole story on the group. The woman did say that he joined up with them awhile ago. She didn't sound too pleased but then backtracked and said he helps out a lot. He says things like, I tried to talk , Paul into buying a solar panel but he says it's not in the budget. I wondered why he needed and expected someone else to buy it. I also wonder what kind of hold this kid has on them that he would even think that's okay.

I find it all very strange.

I know there are other women here and I will find them.

I have found that some people look down on my choice of vehicle and find it strange that I am comfortable in this small car. Not a lot have that attitude but some do. Who knows if I hadn't gone through everything I have, I might think like that too.

But it means I don't always fit in so I have to find the right group or at least park close to them, with their permission of course.

Old 12-14-2021, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
okey dokey...park by the bathroom & lock your doors

Is there any Security Patrol around your area?
There's not a patrol, as such. Rangers do come around on occasion but it's more to make sure you have a sticker on your vehicle that shows you paid. Last year they did kick out one group of people who were partiers and making too much noise well into the night but I assume that was a 911 call.

Noise abatement is 10:00 pm and that group went well after that.

Old 12-14-2021, 10:05 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,744 posts, read 58,102,528 times
Lesson learned... as per Hawk...

"Tools of the trade" / "critical to YOU and your survival" items are not for sharing.

ONE time use (to charge the neighbors devices if they are all worn down... With the simple explanation. "These items are very important to me, and I saved a long time to get them, and if they break or wear out, I don't have a replacement."

Jackery, Solar, Stove, heater, lights, chairs, tents, car... "Sorry... these are mine and I need them"

I would move sites soon, as they know what you have and you were nice enough to show them and share them.

Lesson learned... keep your stuff to yourself (share food with friends / potluck style).

Gear for living is YOUR gear. (Not selfish, just necessary)

Old 12-14-2021, 10:31 AM

You're right, Stealth. I did mention, when he asked for the jackary, that it took me three years to get the things I needed for this lifestyle. I also told him I don't loan out the jackery. IF I would have known his brick would divert the power, I would have (maybe) said no. But I'm a sucker for anyone who needs something.

Well, I'm going to go check out the two other ltvas that have bathrooms, or maybe go further down on this one. I know some of the meet at Q group are here, it's just a matter of finding them. The problem is, a lot have self contained vehicles and don't need to park by a bathroom. If you're not self contained, you can't be more than 500 feet from a bathroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing