Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2021, 09:04 AM

7,034 posts, read 6,287,208 times

Advertisements

My fire tablet, died. I had bought a new one as a 'just in case, thankfully, but of course couldn't remember the password for cd.

Whew, after two days of trying to get in, I finally got a new password.

Nothing new on my end but I sure am glad I bought this new tablet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2021, 11:23 AM

4,597 posts, read 2,988,358 times
Even if there's nothing new, your audience would probably like to hear about "a day in the life at Quartzite."

Old 12-11-2021, 12:32 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Even if there's nothing new, your audience would probably like to hear about "a day in the life at Quartzite."
"... with Marigold." (That probably went without saying!)

Seriously, Meo, it was great to see your quick update here. I love this thread.

Old 12-11-2021, 01:56 PM

Okay, a day in the life.

Although I like the place I'm at, I may have to move, which would be a pain but...The people next to me, who invited me to move by them, have a dog that hates cats, which I didn't know about. I moved and went to pet the dog, who they thankfully had on a leash, and he snapped and snarled and looked like he was going to bite me. That's when I found out he hates cats and they said he did it because I must smell like Marigold.

In the meantime, she seldom goes out and ,I think, intuitively knows he's not good to be around.

I'm keeping an eye on the situation and they do keep him tied up.on a long leash but, I am not sure if I'll stay at this spot. We're far enough away that he can't get to her but I'm a bit leery of the situation.

Otherwise they're nice folks. And it's nice to have neighbors who will watch over my tents while I go to town. That's a big consideration. I'll really have to think on this.

Marigold seems content to not go out much also. She is not young anymore, she's either 7 or 8, they didn't know how old she was when she came to live with me. So maybe she doesn't feel the need to go out as much.

Quartzsite, like everyone else, has problems with keeping stock on the shelves. I assume it's going to get worse in January when people flock here for the Big Tent and RV sales. A lot leave afterwards but for two weeks it'll be crazy around here, especially since there wasn't much last year.

So, so glad I bought so much food to bring with! Food will not be a problem for me, although I did have to buy bread at one of the pricier stores. Bread lasts me a long time so that's not really a problem.

It's been cold and windy here for the last few days. Again, I compare it to Minnesota and feel lucky to be here. I don't mind the weather as I know it won't last forever. Probably through December and January if I remember correctly. I stay warm because I have warm clothes and blankets.

Old 12-11-2021, 03:56 PM

I have to tell you about a truck that's here with a homemade cabin on it. In the truck bed. It's beautiful. Not large, smaller than some tiny homes I've seen on videos but larger than my car, that's for sure.

Some people are so innovative. I am really impressed by what they've done.

Old 12-11-2021, 05:34 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
I'm very happy your both safe & warm...

Old 12-11-2021, 05:37 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
Here is mine.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...ne--subid-none

Old 12-11-2021, 07:59 PM

4,597 posts, read 2,988,358 times
The sound of a dog barking might make coyotes stay away...
but on the other hand, it might sour Marigold's mood?

Old 12-12-2021, 09:13 AM

She doesn't like dogs but got used to Taz barking, at the farm. She even went so far as to let Taz sniff her.

There are a lot of barking dogs here, so you could be right.

Old 12-12-2021, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I'm very happy your both safe & warm...
Safe, not so much warm. It gets cold here at night. Thankful I bought toe warmers from hot hands. Warmer than Minnesota though and I do have plenty of blankets so can't complain too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing