Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2021, 04:12 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,009,621 times

Advertisements

Glad you've gotten situated meo.
I also keep my cats in from dusk to dawn. If I can't see the fence line, 40ft out my kitchen door, then they don't go out.
I'm next door to a 60- acre farm and I've seen coyotes walking down the hill.
And of course that's where my cats go to play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2021, 09:11 AM

7,040 posts, read 6,289,652 times
Yes, it's worked for over four years now.

The coffee station works great. So glad I decided to keep the pot I bought and not send it back. It doesn't take much time to heat up and the coffee this morning is delicious. I do think I'll have to buy a fold up small table though. Not sure.

I've got the dome light turned off but the back door light is still on so I don't leave it open for long. Don't want to drain the battery. The Cube has a swing door, not a hatchback . It would be easier with a hatchback but since that's it's only drawback, that's hardly a reason to complain, I just deal with it.

Love my Cube.

I will admit though, when I see a high top van I do get envious.

Last edited by meo92953; 12-02-2021 at 09:26 AM..

Old 12-02-2021, 09:36 AM

Aw. Last year the radio station was giving out bags of promotional stuff and one of the things in the bag was a little stuffed otter (for Ottertail County). Marigold has ignored it but today I pretended to have it talk and asked her to play. She ignored it and I set it down by her. Now she's napping with her head pressed against it. So sweet.

Old 12-02-2021, 10:28 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,062,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Aw. Last year the radio station was giving out bags of promotional stuff and one of the things in the bag was a little stuffed otter (for Ottertail County). Marigold has ignored it but today I pretended to have it talk and asked her to play. She ignored it and I set it down by her. Now she's napping with her head pressed against it. So sweet.
Awww! Meo, we need PICTURES!

Old 12-02-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Awww! Meo, we need PICTURES!
I'm embarrassed to say I can't remember how to do that and I forgot the link that shows how.

I think I used my laptop and I didn't bring it because it takes too much power.

Old 12-02-2021, 11:27 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,062,046 times
Quote:
I'm embarrassed to say I can't remember how to do that and I forgot the link that shows how.

I think I used my laptop and I didn't bring it because it takes too much power.
If you have photos on a device like an iPad, I think you can just add them to an album you create in your profile (e.g. in my profile, I have albums for food, my cats, my house, etc.). Then go to the album you want to add pictures to and click on "upload pictures" (top left of the page). Browse to where you've stored the picture and click "upload."

Once you've uploaded photos, you can just copy and paste them directly into your post. It's very simple.

=====

P.S. I just tried it on my phone and it worked there too -- it allows me to browse to the pictures I have on my phone and choose one.

Old 12-02-2021, 05:18 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,017,104 times
Meo - Story Chasing - Amber - is at Quartzite - do you know her? Her YT channel is very intereresting.

Old 12-02-2021, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Meo - Story Chasing - Amber - is at Quartzite - do you know her? Her YT channel is very intereresting.
Oh my gosh yes! I love her channel. I didn't realize she was here. I'll have 1 try find her.
Thank you.

Old 12-02-2021, 08:44 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,952,205 times
Quote:
I will admit though, when I see a high top van I do get envious.
It's nice to be able to stand up and walk around inside the vehicle but there are also significant downsides. Strong winds are not the friend of a high top van. You're better off with the rig you have.

Old 12-02-2021, 09:00 PM

740 posts, read 472,633 times
Hi Meo,

I ran across your thread a few weeks ago and had to go back to the beginning to read everything about how your current journey began to where you are now. So compelling, that I feel in turn feel compelled to tell you how much I admire that journey and the implicit courage living outside of the box that so many of us are perhaps trapped in by modern society. I understand that circumstances outside of your control may have initiated the beginnings of your journey but there is a saying that sometimes 'getting on the wrong train (i.e. bad stuff) may lead you to the right destination.' That certainly seems true for you.

Oftentimes, I think that people living off the grid, or out of the box or however it would be termed, are actually in a better situation that those of us in the mainstream, although of course there are different kinds of hardships. I'm being very clumsy in trying to express my feeling that modern society, the way things are right now-- and I don't mean covid-- is simply not a very humane place to be anymore.

I'll shut up now, and end by saying that I will continue to read your thread with admiration and pleasure (and a little bit of envy).

Pets... your cat...what can I say... the quiet joy and comfort they give us...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing