Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2023, 09:00 AM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times

Advertisements

Yes, that's what I'm thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2023, 01:30 PM

I am now a proud owner of a 2013 Dodge Caravan. 100,000 miles on it.

This is going to give me so much more room. It wasn't too pricey, $11,000, which I think is decent.. I put $7,500 down so still have a lot of savings but now have to build it back up.

Oh well, I will miss the Cube but I did want a Caravan. It was only at the dealership for two days. Paul, my angel, knew the sales person and turned me into her.

Best of all, it has the stowaway seats. It's going to take some time to get used to it because of the size and I 'm sure I won't get the wonderful mileage but that's the trade off for having the space.

Old 04-24-2023, 01:57 PM

11,081 posts, read 6,898,296 times
That is awesome news! Congratulations! Those are perfect for nomads who want something smaller, but not too small.

Old 04-24-2023, 04:18 PM

602 posts, read 314,140 times
Good deal and best of everything with it Meo....

Our angels often will show up in time of great need as your angel, Paul, did !

Old 04-24-2023, 05:48 PM

I don't believe in coincidence but rather divine intervention. Paul brought me to Enterprise and even though I made a reservation for a car over the phone, giving them all the information they needed, when we got there the guy said he couldn't take an out of state bank card. He wanted a credit card, which I think is crazy since the money comes right out of my account but then Paul came up with the idea to see if his friend had something at the car dealership.

If Enterprise had taken my card none of the rest would have happened.

Old 04-24-2023, 07:06 PM

1,827 posts, read 807,625 times
Well, that is good news! My sis had a Dodge Caravan, she loved it. The extra space inside should make life a lot more comfortable for you & Marigold.

Old 04-24-2023, 07:13 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Meo, i'm very sorry you & Marigold went into a flooded ditch.
I'm glad neither one of you got any bad injuries.

It's great that you found the van you wanted.

Take your time & Drive Safely. Perhaps, practice driving the van in an empty parking lot at a church, or other.

Old 04-24-2023, 07:41 PM

I did fine driving from the dealership to the motel. I do have to adjust the mirrors as I think the previous owner must have been taller. I'm 5'5 with short legs.

I'm debating staying here for a couple days because it looks like there's going to be more wierd weather. Or it may be the best time to leave tomorrow. I've got to get some maps because I'm sure mine were soaked.

I was going to take the Great River Route along the Mississippi but Ryan Hall said there's a lot of flooding so maybe that's not such a good idea. Maybe Louisiana ito Missouri and/or Mississippi. I just want to stay away from Oklahoma because I got really lost going through there last time, although I finally learned how to use Google maps so it should be easier.

This motel is only $62 a night, not fancy but comfortable enough. $124 to be safe is certainly worth it. I'll see what the weather is going to be tomorrow and take it one day at a time.

Or maybe I'll go to the state park. Decisions, decisions.

Old 04-24-2023, 07:56 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Maybe, give the Highway Patrol a call, ask them what is the best way to go to MN, at this time
?

Old 04-24-2023, 08:06 PM

6,590 posts, read 4,982,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I did fine driving from the dealership to the motel. I do have to adjust the mirrors as I think the previous owner must have been taller. I'm 5'5 with short legs.

I'm debating staying here for a couple days because it looks like there's going to be more wierd weather. Or it may be the best time to leave tomorrow. I've got to get some maps because I'm sure mine were soaked.

I was going to take the Great River Route along the Mississippi but Ryan Hall said there's a lot of flooding so maybe that's not such a good idea. Maybe Louisiana ito Missouri and/or Mississippi. I just want to stay away from Oklahoma because I got really lost going through there last time, although I finally learned how to use Google maps so it should be easier.

This motel is only $62 a night, not fancy but comfortable enough. $124 to be safe is certainly worth it. I'll see what the weather is going to be tomorrow and take it one day at a time.

Or maybe I'll go to the state park. Decisions, decisions.
Glad to hear you are back on your feet and making plans! I agree think the hotel is a good idea. Were you able to get your clothes and bedding all washed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing