Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2023, 12:29 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,666,603 times

Advertisements

I am glad that this worked out as well as it has for you. Now you have a project for the summer; getting your Caravan ready for your next adventure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2023, 02:36 AM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I am glad that this worked out as well as it has for you. Now you have a project for the summer; getting your Caravan ready for your next adventure!
Exactly. And since I managed okay in the Cube, think of the room I can have! I love the sliding doors on either side. I've been envious of people who could open their doors in bad weather and use their one burner stove to make coffee in the morning. That was a real downside of the Cube. Not being able to make coffee in the morning if the weather was bad.

It's going to be really different driving this car though
It will take me awhile to get used to it. It was amazingly easy to go from the dealership to the motel. It responds well.

I will miss the gas mileage but I am looking forward to the luxury of the space.

Old 04-25-2023, 03:28 AM

I'm thinking of staying here one more night because I have to get everything out of the Cube, see if the person that has it will buy it as a wreck and get things organized. Then go to Goose Lake State Park (thanks for the recommendation!) for two days, or more depending on weather, before making final plans to go to Minnesota.

I'm just not sure how crazy the weather is going to be, so everything is up in the air. I do not want to drive in crazy weather! I've had about enough of that.

Any other suggestions??

Old 04-25-2023, 06:04 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,013,928 times
Wonderful to hear you got another vehicle. And so quickly.
The M&M gang on the road again lol.
At least you will have plenty to do setting this van up to your liking.
You both will be thrilled with the extra room I'm sure.
And you have a new friend. Thank you Paul!

Old 04-25-2023, 06:41 AM

What a neat idea to name the car, the M&M Gang. I like it.
Or maybe M&M Traveler's.

Old 04-25-2023, 01:02 PM

My error. The Caravan is a2017 model, not 2013. It's going to take me awhile to get used to driving it!

Old 04-25-2023, 02:59 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,782,302 times
So glad you two are OK! When I came to this thread to read about your adventures I never expected to find that you'd had a horrifying wreck.

Your van sounds great! Just remember that it has big broad sides with a higher center of gravity than you've been used to so wind will affect it differently than a car. I drove a Silverado with a camper shell hauling a horse rig for many years on the highways and always had to be super aware of wind and road conditions. Curves and twisty roads can be challenging too. It will take a bit of practice but soon you'll wonder how you ever drove a small car. The voice of experience here!

Enjoy outfitting your new home on wheels . . . that will be a lot of fun now that you have so much room to play with.

Old 04-25-2023, 05:10 PM

Lol, right now it's crammed because I had helpers. Still not done getting things out. What these guys are doing is keeping it as an abandoned vehicle for 45 days (Texas law) and then they'll probably piece it out as the engine is shot. Hopefully they can find a use for the new brakes at least.

Yes, movinon, it will take awhile to get used to. I'm getting the hang of it after driving today but still a bit scary because of the size.
I'll organize it as much as possible tomorrow morning but then I have to get the rest of my things. One thing the younger men helped with was getting the cat tree in, but they put it sideways which took up a lot of space. So I have to move bags out of the way to put it right.

There's room in front of the second set of seats, the third I already have stowed. I will probably have them taken out and use that space for storage. I may leave the second row in as there's only two seats and that may be a good place for cooking and eating. We'll see.

The Cube was a good partner for many years but I'm kinda glad I was forced to get something else.

Old 04-26-2023, 08:23 AM

Thankfully the manager of this motel had a car just like this one and she's been able to show me some of the features I forgot to ask about. As in, how do you change the outside mirrors. The person who had it before must have been taller because they're too high for me. So much to learn about this car!

Next is where the gas and hood latches. The dealership was sweet and filled it up before I took it. Oh, and is there a plug-in for the phone charger. Things like that. There wasn't a manual included. I'll probably have to order one online but can't do that until I get home.

Old 04-26-2023, 09:00 AM

2,454 posts, read 3,219,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Thankfully the manager of this motel had a car just like this one and she's been able to show me some of the features I forgot to ask about. As in, how do you change the outside mirrors. The person who had it before must have been taller because they're too high for me. So much to learn about this car!

Next is where the gas and hood latches. The dealership was sweet and filled it up before I took it. Oh, and is there a plug-in for the phone charger. Things like that. There wasn't a manual included. I'll probably have to order one online but can't do that until I get home.
The mirror controls are on the same panel as the window controls on the driver's door. Neither my 2013 Caravan nor 2018 Journey have a release latch for the fuel door, so I would expect that yours doesn't either.

The third row seats fold flat so I don't think there is anything to remove. The 2nd row seats will fold into the floor. If you don't want to stow the seats, you can use the wells they fold into as storage. They are pretty nice vehicles!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing