Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2023, 09:54 AM

18,065 posts, read 15,658,847 times

Advertisements

Meo, congrats on the new minivan!

With the miracle of the Internet, you can download a digital PDF copy of the entire user manual for your vehicle online, for free. Then you'll be able to quickly find the things you need to learn about by doing a search within the PDF.

I found the manual for your vehicle by doing a Google search for "2017 Dodge Grand Caravan Manual."

Here's the manual for the 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2023, 01:32 PM

7,042 posts, read 6,291,056 times
Thank you.

Old 04-26-2023, 01:43 PM

Now I need some prayers. While transferring things from the Cube to the Caravan, Marigold got out of the car and ran from me.

She ended up in the woods behind a barbed wire fence and would not come to me and I couldn't get to her.

The hope is that however she got there, she'll go back to the Cube and they will try to catch her. If they see her, they'll call me. I'm only 10 miles away from the tow shop and I just hope she'll go to the Cube.

She does not like the new car yet . Everything is too unfamiliar. And things smell from that ditch water.
Things are going to be uncomfortable until I get home and get everything cleaned out and cleaned up.

I'll be at the State Park for 2 days and that will give things time to dry out but at the moment, I have had better days.

Marigold is chipped so there's hope

Old 04-26-2023, 02:01 PM

Tha angel is going to put some food in a trap by where she is.

Old 04-26-2023, 03:50 PM

1,290 posts, read 1,342,824 times
oh no... i really hope marigold is caught and comes home. Poor confused baby.

Good thing that she is chipped at least.

Hope you reunite soon ...

Old 04-26-2023, 04:21 PM

I.do too. I already miss her so much. I'm ll go back tomorrow if the trap doesn't work and keep looking for her. Maybe she'll come out by then.

I knew she wasn't very happy with the new car but thought she'd adjust. But as it stands, there's a lot of smelly stuff just crammed in there right now and until I get the blankets washed, she doesn't even have her favorite blanket to sleep on.

I can understand why she didn't want to be there. Just wish I'd put her on her leash, even if she hates it.

Hindsight doesn't work.

Old 04-26-2023, 04:58 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,064,388 times
Oh my gosh, I don't even know what to say at this latest turn of events.

I feel so horrible for Marigold. You know she is terrified and has no idea where you are.

Please, please, please, when you get her back, YES LET'S ASSUME YOU WILL, do not let her out of your sight for an instant. Change is bad enough for humans, but the accident followed by a new car and all these new people and she has no idea what is going on ... and now you are nowhere near her and she is scared and alone and I feel like screaming. Please, please, please, USE THE LEASH.

I hope you get her back ...

Old 04-26-2023, 05:38 PM

18,065 posts, read 15,658,847 times
A properly sized and sturdy crate is what I use to transport my cat anywhere, especially in the car. Keeps her safe, contained, and secure. Cats are very sensitive to sudden changes in their world; I've noticed even small changes can take time for adjustment.

Fingers crossed it all works out well.

Old 04-26-2023, 06:49 PM

3,952 posts, read 2,572,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I.do too. I already miss her so much. I'm ll go back tomorrow if the trap doesn't work and keep looking for her. Maybe she'll come out by then.

I knew she wasn't very happy with the new car but thought she'd adjust. But as it stands, there's a lot of smelly stuff just crammed in there right now and until I get the blankets washed, she doesn't even have her favorite blanket to sleep on.

I can understand why she didn't want to be there. Just wish I'd put her on her leash, even if she hates it.

Hindsight doesn't work.
I'm so so so sorry to learn of her running from you. She knows you best and what she will remember. Do you have a scarf or hat to put with food bate? Maybe put a trail of items leading to the food?

Also, an idea that might be a major job (and not doable?)... Take your car to one of car washing places. A lot of work but it could help to get some of the left-behind car's old smells out.

Also, since cats are nocturnal, looking in the evening might be a strategy?

Best wishes!

Old 04-26-2023, 08:50 PM

So many things need to be washed and sterilized so that wouldn't work I don't think.

Everything has to be taken out and air dried. I can do this at my brother's but not here.

I can't drive at night due to night blindness. Besides, she's in the woods behind businesses. a good thought but not workable.
I will go by the business tomorrow and the next day if I don't find her and hope she responds to me.
I haven't heard from Paul as to the live trap so do not know what is happening with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing