Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2023, 06:36 AM

7,045 posts, read 6,298,150 times

Advertisements

It sounds like the one I found you could use. Maybe you might find it at one of the big box stores.
Now all I have to do is wait for this heat to break so I can start getting the van together.

I still miss the Cube but must admit this car drives very smooth
I'm impressed by how easy it is to drive. Even on rough roads it drives smoothly. With the Cube I had to really hang onto the wheel in the wind, this one drives a lot better in it. Of course the real test will be on the road but, all in all, I'm pleased with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2023, 02:57 PM

451 posts, read 423,547 times
Good job on the sales.
Man I miss those sales. I remember the one on highway 61 was it on the river road going south from hastings or Red Wing.
Anyway good news on you getting things squared up.
Have the bird sized mosquitoes hatched yet?

Old 06-05-2023, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodolfocostarica View Post
Good job on the sales.
Man I miss those sales. I remember the one on highway 61 was it on the river road going south from hastings or Red Wing.
Anyway good news on you getting things squared up.
Have the bird sized mosquitoes hatched yet?
I haven't seen the big ones yet but the mosquitoes are here, that's for certain.

Old 06-20-2023, 09:48 PM

I had a good doctor's visit Monday.
First I had two ultrasounds on my arteries. That took a couple of hours, then my actual doctor appointment was 2 hours later but the tech suggested I go see if I couldn't get in sooner so I went to the clinic and asked and then signed in.

Not 15 minutes later a nurse called my name. As she led me down the hall she said, You must have seen x before because as soon as he knew it was you he said we're not going to make her wait two hours.

I explained that he was the one who took the staples out after the surgery and she totally got it. Every doctor hates that part, knowing the pain involved and mine were extensive.

Anyway, the tests were all good and I am good to go. I did have elevated blood pressure, no known reason.

One of the things he said which stayed with me was, after asking about my knee brace and after I explained, I said, I'm almost 70, I am not going to live forever.

He said, We rebuilt your carburetor and engine. I expect you will go another 100,000 miles.

I thought that was so sweet and wanted to share it with all of you.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:09 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,574,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
First I had two ultrasounds on my arteries. That took a couple of hours, then my actual doctor appointment was 2 hours later but the tech suggested I go see if I couldn't get in sooner so I went to the clinic and asked and then signed in.

Not 15 minutes later a nurse called my name. As she led me down the hall she said, You must have seen x before because as soon as he knew it was you he said we're not going to make her wait two hours.

I explained that he was the one who took the staples out after the surgery and she totally got it. Every doctor hates that part, knowing the pain involved and mine were extensive.

Anyway, the tests were all good and I am good to go. I did have elevated blood pressure, no known reason.

One of the things he said which stayed with me was, after asking about my knee brace and after I explained, I said, I'm almost 70, I am not going to live forever.

He said, We rebuilt your carburetor and engine. I expect you will go another 100,000 miles.

Sounds like have a great doctor- great medical team! I'm glad they were considered of your timing. That was a sweet thing for your doctors say. Your doctor sounds like a gem!

I had AFib in 2012 and the medicine they gave me made my heart rate go too low. My cardiologist treat me even though I couldn't pay. When the medicine they gave me brought my heart rate too low, they put a pacemaker in. Even though again, I could not pay.

I was a little frustrated that they didn't explain the situation to me. One minute I came to the hospital for a change in medicine, and the next I was having a pacemaker put in. But knowing he was treating me without payment, I knew he wouldn't do it if it's not necessary.

The best thing was five years later I had inheritance from my father and was able to pay them!

Are they treating your elevated blood pressure or is it not elevated enough to have medicine?

Old 06-25-2023, 06:02 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:

It makes me smile & be happy you have a doc who has the skills to help you with your needs & who cares about you... He sounds like a good man.

Old 06-25-2023, 01:44 PM

Ye, he is. I'm not as happy with my primary, who I was assigned after my doctor retired.
At the time I was more concerned with my leg and he did direct me to my heart doctor. Now, since I only have my yearly check up, I kept him .

He's young though and I'm not sure he understands what an older person needs. I guess only time will tell.

Old 06-27-2023, 07:06 AM

I woke up way too early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I walked outside and was so happy I did as the sunrise was spectacular. Glad I didn't miss it.

Old 07-29-2023, 06:03 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,733 times
Quote:
I woke up way too early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I walked outside and was so happy I did as the sunrise was spectacular. Glad I didn't miss it.
Just back from my summer travels and stopped in this thread to check on Meo's travels. So you're back at home now. Have you decided when you're going to hit the road again?

Old 07-31-2023, 01:08 PM

September. Unsure of the date and which direction but there was just a post that HOWA will be sponsoring the BYOV-, Bring your own vehicle middle October in Pahrump so will go by way of Washington and Oregon.

The when will all depend on weather and camping availability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing