Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2023, 09:33 AM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times

Advertisements

Jrr, ??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2023, 09:40 AM

Left my brother's this morning. That was tough, seeing him like that, but at least I did and he knows how much I love him.

I'm at a Love's. It's early but intermittent rain and dark, gloomy skies dictated tough driving.

Question for car folks. I had about 1000 miles before it was time to get my oil changed and didn't think about it. Well, I 've gone those 1000miles and wonder how far I can go over them.
Can I continue to Arizona without worrying about it or should I find somewhere to get it done.

It's hard when you don't know the people you're dealing with.

Old 10-27-2023, 02:23 PM

I googled it since no one has responded. Since I always put the expensive synthetic oil in, I don't believe I have to worry about it.

Old 10-27-2023, 03:59 PM

Ooops, except I don't know what they put in since it was changed at the dealership. I'll look for someplace tomorrow, just to be on the safe side.

Old 10-27-2023, 04:05 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,582,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I have to laugh at Google. The first time they messed up, they had me turning around to go back to Wilmar! I didn't do it.

The second time they had me get off the highway and take a detour down a small road and then get back on the same highway.

But since I have never gone this way, I didn't see choices so I did it.

I just hope it behaves when I get close to Nashville because that city is extremely Confusing to me.
I've had Google do the same thing to me as well when using it while driving in rural areas as well as in cities. Of course I was unfamiliar with the area so I followed Google's direction. It was an unnecessary detour through a residential street and then it led me back onto the main street that I'd been on originally.

Like you, I luv LOVE'S. When on road trips, I always stop at one several times along the route. I've slept in my car in LOVE'S parking lot several times during a long trip. There's a plus and a minus to it though.

The plus is LOVE''S parking lot is huge and well-lit. The minus is the lights are so bright that I can't sleep well and the large trucks pulling in and out make a lot of noise.

I've downloaded their app so I get a discount on gas which is a nice perk. They usually have clean bathrooms no matter what part of the country i'm driving through (although I haven't driven on the West coast since 2019).

The weather is not to bad right now; at least not as bad as it will get once winter settles in. I'm glad you're out and continuing to share your travels. I really enjoy it!

Old 10-27-2023, 04:06 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,582,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Ooops, except I don't know what they put in since it was changed at the dealership. I'll look for someplace tomorrow, just to be on the safe side.
I'd do the same if it were me. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Old 10-27-2023, 06:24 PM

451 posts, read 424,235 times
Keep posting. Keep driving safely.
As for the oil change I'm a big believer in changing regularly but typically you can go over some on the mileage. If you have the receipt it should say type of oil. Should be semi synthetic or full synthetic but ?, I would pull out the dipstick and if the oil level is good and the oil is clear yellowish and doesn't seem blackish or dirty you should be good to go for awhile.

Keep on truckin....

Old 10-27-2023, 07:57 PM

It was great when I had it checked prior to leaving Minnesota. I always do that, have a travel check before I leave and before I return.

The mechanic was impressed with the car.

Now if I can only get better at parking it. The Cube was so easy to handle but this one is so much bigger, not as easy.

I don't have the receipt because it was done at the dealership when I bought it.k

Old 10-27-2023, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodolfocostarica View Post
Keep posting. Keep driving safely.
As for the oil change I'm a big believer in changing regularly but typically you can go over some on the mileage. If you have the receipt it should say type of oil. Should be semi synthetic or full synthetic but ?, I would pull out the dipstick and if the oil level is good and the oil is clear yellowish and doesn't seem blackish or dirty you should be good to go for awhile.

Keep on truckin....
I want to go as far as I can tomorrow to try beat some of the weather that's forecast. It sounds like it is not going to be so good. I should have driven further today. But I was pretty upset about my time with my brother and it was so rainy I just wanted to stop.

I'll get an early start and go as far as I can. If I can find an overnight rest area, that would be perfect.

Old 10-28-2023, 09:38 AM

Well, a short day again. 2 1/2 hours. It started raining, thundering and lightning so when I found a Love's I pulled in.
At this rate, I may get to Arizona next week sometime!

But I knew it was coming. I was just trying to beat it.

I use the app Highway Weather and it's proved to be pretty accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing