Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2021, 06:04 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
One more thing. I put up the Wakeman shower tent and it came with tie downs but I don't see anything to attach them to. Does anyone know how to attach them? I have submitted a request for. Information on their website.

II didn't realize the tent I bought for Marigold has a screen ceiling which means I would have to put it up in shade and that's hard to find in the desert. I may have to find some sort of tarp to put over it. I think it will be perfect for her if I can do that. K&B might have something. I'll check tomorrow after I take a shower and do some laundry.
The Wakeman shower/toilet tent at Amazon says it comes with 4 stakes & guidelines. I don't see where the guidelines attach to the tent.
The reviews aren't good. They say the tent material tears easily.

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Chan.../dp/B07WWYQS7B
With the Desert WIND, you will need some really good stakes to keep the tent from blowing away, i'm sorry to say. imho.

For Marigold's tent with the screen ceiling, maybe a small tarp will work on the outside. you will need to measure the ceiling screen area. You will need some rope to go from the tarp to the tent stakes. You will need some real good stakes to keep the wind from blowing it all away.

I hate to say it but maybe it would be best to get a new tent that doesn't have the screen ceiling...

I wonder if Gorilla Tape Water Proof or Duct Tape Water Proof will adhere to tarp material & your tent material. (i don't know if it will).
If the tape did stick/adhere good, maybe it would work taped to the inside or outside of your tent, whichever is Best.
https://www.amazon.com/gorilla-tape-...ape+waterproof
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2021, 06:32 PM

7,034 posts, read 6,287,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
The Wakeman shower/toilet tent at Amazon says it comes with 4 stakes & guidelines. I don't see where the guidelines attach to the tent.
The reviews aren't good. They say the tent material tears easily.

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Chan.../dp/B07WWYQS7B
With the Desert WIND, you will need some really good stakes to keep the tent from blowing away, i'm sorry to say. imho.

For Marigold's tent with the screen ceiling, maybe a small tarp will work on the outside. you will need to measure the ceiling screen area. You will need some rope to go from the tarp to the tent stakes. You will need some real good stakes to keep the wind from blowing it all away.

I hate to say it but maybe it would be best to get a new tent that doesn't have the screen ceiling...

I wonder if Gorilla Tape Water Proof or Duct Tape Water Proof will adhere to tarp material & your tent material. (i don't know if it will).
If the tape did stick/adhere good, maybe it would work taped to the inside or outside of your tent, whichever is Best.
https://www.amazon.com/gorilla-tape-...ape+waterproof
As usual Hawk, thanks. I bought it at the recommendation of someone, I can't remember who.

The stakes, yes it's the first thing you hear about here. I went to K&B, which has everything camp related and got heavy duty stakes. When the wind storm came up, my tent handled it well. My neighbors shower tent did eventually collapse and he bought a new one which I'm going to ask him about. Thankfully this tent was under $30 and no, I don't like losing that money but if I do, I do. Another lesson learned.

This whole journey has been about learning. I have to laugh when I remember the suit coated person I used to be and the person I've become. What a difference.

Oh, and if the tent for Marigold won't work here, it'll still work at the farm when I go there for the summer. Tons of trees there so either way, it's not a waste. She did go into the shower tent so that may do if I buy a rug. She doesn't like cat beds for some reason.

Old 12-22-2021, 08:02 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Quote:
... Oh, and if the tent for Marigold won't work here, it'll still work at the farm when I go there for the summer. Tons of trees there so either way, it's not a waste. She did go into the shower tent so that may do if I buy a rug. She doesn't like cat beds for some reason.
I think YOUR LAP is her cat bed! Gretel is like that with me.

Are you and Marigold doing anything special for Christmas Day? Maybe a meal with a new friend or two?

I am not religious at all so Christmas is just another day to me, but I do like reading about others' celebrations (and looking at their decorations!). So I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Old 12-22-2021, 08:49 PM

No Karen. I don't have anything planned. I am religious but try to avoid holidays since my son's death. It just doesn't feel right.

The woman are going to family for Christmas. They'll come back after.

There is a post New Years Eve event going on here which I may go to. It's with the Meet at Q group and I will probably go to that.

Last edited by meo92953; 12-22-2021 at 09:33 PM..

Old 12-22-2021, 09:20 PM

I feel so blessed tonight. The sky, all the stars. So wonderful.

So happy I overcame my fears and made this journey.

Old 12-23-2021, 09:10 AM

So glad I moved to this new spot. What a difference a few feet make.

This morning another woman came over and said there's a whole group getting together for Christmas dinner and she invited me to go with her to meet everyone.

So I guess I am doing something for Christmas.

Old 12-23-2021, 12:41 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Quote:
I feel so blessed tonight. The sky, all the stars. So wonderful.

So happy I overcame my fears and made this journey.
Quote:
So glad I moved to this new spot. What a difference a few feet make.

This morning another woman came over and said there's a whole group getting together for Christmas dinner and she invited me to go with her to meet everyone.

So I guess I am doing something for Christmas.
Great posts, Meo. And I bet you will have fun with the group at Christmas!

Old 12-23-2021, 04:07 PM

Here I was, wondering why no one was responding and true to form, you show up, Karen. I hope you know how much I appreciate your comments.

Old 12-23-2021, 05:02 PM

I can hardly believe the difference that changing spots has made. I am getting more wind and feared for my shower tent but so far it's held up.

Today has been cloudy but I was able to fully charge the Rockpal and get the Jackery up to 89%. I use the Jackery the most as I use it for my kindle and mifi most of the day. I leave the Rockpal for the heavy draw items like the water warmer for coffee and hot water.

This car is small and I do lose things in it, which I find later. I've been missing my small flashlight, which unfortunately I would leave on my dashboard. I hope I just misplaced it and it has not gone the way of my small power pack. I can't even remember which Loves I bought it from. Hopefully the Loves here will have one if I can't find it. It was a neat, small flashlight.

I don't know how just a few hundred feet can make such a difference, but it seems to me that the mountains are more majestic and the sunrises and sunsets are more awesome. Maybe it's the way I park my car now.

Old 12-23-2021, 05:38 PM

You guys can chime in at any time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing