Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2021, 07:49 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Yes, it's certainly better than a triple bypass! That must have been scary!

I'm glad they're taking their time; who knows if they might have missed the 2nd shadow without all the tests, and I might have been on the road, still having problems but thinking I was fixed and thus ignoring them.

As it is, they're pretty surprised that I didn't go to the emergency room when I had the TIA. Unfortunately, I was raised to not complain and/or be dramatic so when it passed so quickly I didn't realize it was a serious warning.

For anyone else who is like me, look up FAST. Can't remember all of it but the first one is face drooping. I did know about it but forgot.
What is it with these MN people? I was raised the same way - unless I had a limb dangling they didn't want to hear about it. Always thought it was the Scandinavian way. My mother had brain cancer and she never said one word about it- not the chemo - nothing. Very strange.

Sounds like you are getting things taken care of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 08:41 AM

7,043 posts, read 6,295,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
What is it with these MN people? I was raised the same way - unless I had a limb dangling they didn't want to hear about it. Always thought it was the Scandinavian way. My mother had brain cancer and she never said one word about it- not the chemo - nothing. Very strange.

Sounds like you are getting things taken care of.
Yup. My mom was 100% Norwegian. Dad was a lot Irish so should've counteracted that but...

Sorry to hear about your mom. That must have been so hard for you.

Old 09-10-2021, 10:10 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Nowadays, modern medical technology is truly amazing. Due to all the new procedures & operation techniques , many folks are living much longer, in good health.

My mom was born in a small town in Minnesota. She said she was a young girl when the family moved to Milwaukee, WI. That's all i know about their story. They liked living in Milwaukee.

Old 09-10-2021, 03:12 PM

I had a friend who came from Milwaukee. She didn't talk about it much though. Maybe I'll travel through there some day.

Old 09-10-2021, 04:56 PM

Motel 6 headquarters emailed me about my Fargo stay. I wrote exactly what I wrote here. They sent a follow up email saying they would check into it. I hope they do.

Old 09-10-2021, 05:44 PM

2,105 posts, read 3,011,896 times
They should reimburse you. What a mess.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:43 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
I had a friend who came from Milwaukee. She didn't talk about it much though. Maybe I'll travel through there some day.
When i was a young'un my pals & i enjoyed hanging out at the Washington Park Zoo/ fishing in the park ponds around town & Lake Michigan/ going to museums / swimming in the ponds & pools around town/going to the library/ going on Boy Scout campouts/ etc. It was long ago when we lived there. I'm sure it has changed a lot. I still have a few relatives in WI.

Old 09-11-2021, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdurncat13 View Post
They should reimburse you. What a mess.
I didn't even think about that. I've now responded to their 'Thanks for letting us know ' email with that request. We'll see what happens.

Old 09-11-2021, 08:35 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Quote:
I couldn't open that link. I'm sure it's a good one.

It's probably been done but I would not have thought to look into something like that with a list the hospital had given me.

I dozed off occasionally, can't call it sleeping, and am more tired than when I came here. I'll take some pictures with my phone and put them in an email to the hospital staff that sent me the list. Hopefully they will remove them from the list.

I'm waiting for daylight so I can leave here and go find some coffee. Nope, not even one of the complimentary coffee pots here.

I'm wondering if this isn't one of Fargo's solutions to the homeless problem or their version of skid row, or??? All I've seen are young adults, 20's or so.

I feel grungy and grubby after staying here. There's two tiny bars of soap, one washcloth and two hand towels here to wash with. That's it. But, I wouldn't trust that bathtub anyway to take a shower. I can't wait to get back to my sister's to take a shower.

Considering that I stayed over so I could be clean for the doctor's visit, it's rather ironic..
It's terrible that customer service, basic cleanliness, and maintenance/repairs are at an all time low in our country when it comes to lodging. Or, that there's an expectation that these things should only be expected when it comes to upscale hotels.

A couple of years ago, I was in northern Midwest state, a low-budget national chain because I'd started a new job in the state and hadn't yet found a place to live. It was a prepaid room, 5 days. It appeared that some locals "lived" at the hotel. After working all day and returning to my room, taking a shower, and at the end of the night pulling back the bedspread, I see numerous strands of long hair on the sheet down near the foot of the bed. It looked as if someone pull the strands out of a brush and placed them on the sheet. Eww! It was my hair as it didn't match my hair in color, texture, nor length. I removed the strands, and pulled back the covers completely to look over the entire sheet. I felt so grimy and disgusted after that and didn't sleep well for the rest of my stay.

This summer 2021, for the first time ever in my life while traveling across the country I walked into a hotel room that was so bad I turned around immediately and went back to the front desk. I told them the problem and asked to cancel my room reservation. I was nice about it and fortunately, the desk clerk agreed to my request.

Going forward, I recommend as soon as you go into a room, inspect the areas most important to you. If the room doesn't meet your approval, turn around and immediately go back to the front desk to cancel your room. As long as people continue to put up with this, we'll continue to allow these places to continue with business as usual.

Of course, if you've used an online third-party site (Expedia, hotel.com, etc.) and had to pay for the room upfront, it's close to impossible to get your money back. However, you can contact the company, explain the problem with the room, and ask them to refund your money or remove the hotel/motel from their list. If only one person does this, the third-party site might remain reluctant to act. If more people start doing this, they will acquiesce to one way or another. Regardless of price point, these hotels/motels/inns must be held accountable to provide a basic level of service that meets standards.
Sorry my post is so long.

Old 09-12-2021, 08:21 AM

Upon reflection, I should have turned around and asked for a different room or a credit on my card. Hindsight.

I was anxious about the tests and the doctor's appointment, just wanting things to be over. And I didn't want to pay a lot for a room so I put up with it. You're right, I shouldn't have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing